E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Soooo Sad And Sooo Mad!!! My Car Is Totaled!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 09:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lots of cars
Unhappy Soooo Sad And Sooo Mad!!! My Car Is Totaled!!!

Today i got hit in the front by some dumbass in a pickup running a red light and my baby is gone! Police got involved because it is the first time i get really mad and you could hear me screaming at the guy front a block away! NOTHING HAPPEND TO HIS TRUCK! If i don't get what i want especially since i got new wheels, new beilstein suspension, new injectors, fuel pump, filter, rotors on all four, and all kinds of other shyt im going to sue this guy for his life! OMG This is the worst day of my life almost! I still got my stang.

BTW If the insurance wants to get picky im going to get it back somehow and rebuild my baby!! I got ways to get insurance wrecks back!

Last edited by YNVDIZW124; 07-18-2005 at 09:15 PM.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1992 400E (86 300E, 98 S420) - Retired
i'm sorry. that really sucks. hope your insurance take care of you.

was it a direct frontal hit or a frontal offset impact? air bags go off? you ok?(probally so since u were screaming) :p
Old 07-18-2005, 09:31 PM
X03

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB 1990 300E
whos your insurance? hopefully they actually take care of your car instead of just dismissing the case like those cheapo insurance co. do
Old 07-18-2005, 09:49 PM

1992 300CE AMG Hammer Replica, 2004 C240, 2015 ML350
that sux big time .

The good news is that you are ok.

AshMan
Old 07-18-2005, 10:51 PM
MTI
MBWorld Fanatic!

'85 190E 2.3-16 '99 C280 '11 GLK350
If you haven't already, get yourself checked out by a doctor to make sure you're okay. Then mark the calendar to remind yourself you have two years in CA for any potential lawsuit for bodily injury.

Next pull out your insurance policy and review the sections about claims, particularly the language of how the vehicle is being valued, probably ACV, actual cash value, less the deductible, so then you should do some research on what comparable cars are worth on the market today. You'll need that info to deal with adjusters. Also check your policy for other exclusions.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 AMG C63s
Originally Posted by MTI
If you haven't already, get yourself checked out by a doctor to make sure you're okay. Then mark the calendar to remind yourself you have two years in CA for any potential lawsuit for bodily injury.

Next pull out your insurance policy and review the sections about claims, particularly the language of how the vehicle is being valued, probably ACV, actual cash value, less the deductible, so then you should do some research on what comparable cars are worth on the market today. You'll need that info to deal with adjusters. Also check your policy for other exclusions.
what he said and one other important item. if you can provide reciepts for everything you just did they MUST reimburse you for it. the key is having proof you did it.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:09 AM

2005 E320 CDI
Go to a Chiropractor to get your spine check. If you take an x-ray, your spine WILL be crooked because your body will be responding to the impact (like straining your muscles after a workout). This alone should get you some money for pain and suffering. Also take pictures of any cuts, bruises, or scrapes on your body. You should present that to the insurance company. It'll strengthen your case.

I also agree w/AMG_Eric. As long as you have your receipts you'll be re-embursed (minus 25% wear & tear). Othwise your CHIT out of luck.

I did all of the above when I got into an accident. Unfortunately the Lawyer took 33% so I really didn't get much.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:47 AM

glad you made it out alive. that is the best part there.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lots of cars
Well im fine an actually happy because it's time for a face lift! I will deal with my insurance co tomorrow and hope to get some money out of this. This the second time i get hit by a truck that's why at the meet my car was like that and i guess pickups like the front of my car? He took out the whole front but not my bumper so i need a hood, headlights, radiator, two fenders, and fans.BTW i was screaming at the guy who hit my car and almost went crazy on him!! REBUILD DAY this weekend at my house!! my engine and tranny are fine so is the suspension so it's not that bad im thinking around 400 to make drive again
Old 07-19-2005, 03:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lots of cars
it was weird how he hit me because he turned to avoid me and hit me with his rear diamond plate bumper!
Old 07-19-2005, 03:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 AMG C63s
euro lights. 94 hood and grille. amg bumper. new rolled front fenders. HIDs.

btw i would get the money like i did from my insurance and do most of it yourself. you know where u can get paint cheap....hehehehe tj.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lots of cars
well knowing some mexican people at body shops down here in lb helps plus i can go to tons of salvage yards so i can do it myself in my backyard
Old 07-19-2005, 01:36 PM

i have a late '94 hood available. let me know if you're interested.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:56 PM
MTI
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jrmd01
Go to a Chiropractor to get your spine check.
Go to a chiro-cracker after going to a good M.D. first. It's a "red flag" on any adjuster or defense lawyer's checklist if the first treatment is with a D.C. as opposed to a M.D. and the point is to get fully checked out, not setting up a lawsuit.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 AMG C63s
Originally Posted by MTI
Go to a chiro-cracker after going to a good M.D. first. It's a "red flag" on any adjuster or defense lawyer's checklist if the first treatment is with a D.C. as opposed to a M.D. and the point is to get fully checked out, not setting up a lawsuit.
well not all md's do a full x-ray eval of a back/neck. i would go with a DC 1st. Most DC's take x-rays before adjusting and such. most MD's order crap loads of tests or send you away with drugs and say come back a see me.

having a DC see you is just fine. They have very similar training and in some cases have more then MD's. the only thing they lack is the pharmacology.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:23 PM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
Speaking of Chiropractor, my brother-in-law is one.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:59 PM

'09 CLK550 & 2012 E350
Seems like everyone's got it backwards. Since the other guy hit you, it's his insurance that you have to file against. Hopefully it's not some fly by night outfit.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lots of cars
Yes im going against his insurance company or will sue him in small claims but i was not hurt and im not trying to make money on personal injuries or stuff like that i just want my car fixed and i want to get paid!! RAMMBS Keep it for me for a couple of weeks while i settle the claim!
Old 07-19-2005, 07:23 PM
MTI
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AMG_Eric
well not all md's do a full x-ray eval of a back/neck. i would go with a DC 1st. Most DC's take x-rays before adjusting and such. most MD's order crap loads of tests or send you away with drugs and say come back a see me.

having a DC see you is just fine. They have very similar training and in some cases have more then MD's. the only thing they lack is the pharmacology.
Eric, I'm sure your an expert on some things, but trust me, this is my world. There are good D.C.s and bad M.D.s, but there is a reason why there are no "trauma D.C.s" in emergency rooms and why their practice is limited to the care and treatment of the spine in many states. If you ever suspect that you may have suffered an auto injury, the best advice is prompt medical care.

BTW, Cervical, thoracic and lumbar x-rays only rule out fracture and are nearly worthless for soft tissue injuries. I've seen many cases where a chiro will initate manipulations prior to getting any radiological studies done, and if there's a nerve issue, it won't show up on his x-rays.

Last edited by MTI; 07-19-2005 at 07:26 PM.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:12 PM

'09 CLK550 & 2012 E350
Originally Posted by YNVDIZW124
Yes im going against his insurance company or will sue him in small claims but i was not hurt and im not trying to make money on personal injuries or stuff like that i just want my car fixed and i want to get paid!! RAMMBS Keep it for me for a couple of weeks while i settle the claim!
What's the other guy's insurance company? Even if there's an issue with his insurance, you shouldn't have to get personally involved with a small claims suit. Technically speaking, your damages probably far exceed small claims anyway.

If problems do arise with his insurance company, your company will pay for your damages and you'll be responsible for your deductible (if any). What happens next is that your insurance will sue the other guy's insurance. After they settle, your deductible will be refunded to you. Of course this is all moot if his insurance handles everything.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 AMG C63s
Originally Posted by MTI
Eric, I'm sure your an expert on some things, but trust me, this is my world. There are good D.C.s and bad M.D.s, but there is a reason why there are no "trauma D.C.s" in emergency rooms and why their practice is limited to the care and treatment of the spine in many states. If you ever suspect that you may have suffered an auto injury, the best advice is prompt medical care.

BTW, Cervical, thoracic and lumbar x-rays only rule out fracture and are nearly worthless for soft tissue injuries. I've seen many cases where a chiro will initate manipulations prior to getting any radiological studies done, and if there's a nerve issue, it won't show up on his x-rays.
well i do MRI's for a living and have had a dbl-level Pro-disc implantation done. i am super familiar with the spine. you are correct in the fact that DC's don't work in a trama center; it has no bearing on what injuries he may or may not have. if he was in need of a trauma MD he would not be chatting with us on the forums.

Now that he is classified as what we call a "walkie talkie" he should seek the care of either an MD or a DC. both the MD and the DC should order MRI's as a standard course of treatment. NO MD can determine that there are specific soft tissue issues without a MRI; that MRI then needs a qualified Radiologist to read the films.

Originally Posted by mti
Go to a chiro-cracker
i am not argueing the need of MD's in this world but your unprofessional outlook on DC's is absurd. If you are in fact in the medical industry you definately need to rethink your narrow minded veiw of the health and welfare of your patients. maybe you believe its all smoke and mirrors. i assure you it is not. DC's have the exact same training if not more in the central nervous system then most MD's. additionally the only difference that i pointed out earlier is pharmacology. In Great Britan MD's are like DC's in this coutry in the respect that they do not need pharmacology to be a MD.

One other point of interest is that a good percentage of DC's are RT's. RT's or Limited Techs for the lamen are Radiography Technologists (x-ray techs) that are under the AART registry.

I personally dont wish to argue with you. i do think it is a low blow on your part to minimize a part of the healthcare industry by calling them all crackers.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:52 PM
MTI
MBWorld Fanatic!

I didn't call them all "crackers" and if you read the other response, I specificallys stated that there are good D.C.s and there are bad M.D.s I don't think the medical profession had quite as charismatic a founder as DD Palmer, or as dramatic a first "patient" as Harvey Lillard. I don't believe, to date, anyone has been able to duplicate Palmer's adjustment that restored hearing to Mr. Lillard.

In the medical field, I'm sure you're aware of the various studies concerning chiropractic care, including the finding that it does benefit in the recovery of sprains and strains, as does physical therapy, exercise and other methods that promote the body's natural ability to repair and heal itself.

Back in 1998, the New England Journal found that "For patients with low back pain, the McKenzie method of physical therapy and chiropractic manipulations had similar effects and costs, and patients recieving these treatments had only marginally better outcomes than those recieving the minimal intervention of an educational booklet. Whether the limited benefits of thse treatments is worth the additional costs is open to question."

As I've said, there are good and bad practitioners in either medical professions. What ticks me off about a great number of "accident victim" or "workers compensation" practitioners, both chiropractic, traditional medicine, naturopaths and the like, is when their practice solely exists to drain resources with no concern over the actual condition of their patients. There are far too many of those.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 AMG C63s
Originally Posted by MTI
What ticks me off about a great number of "accident victim" or "workers compensation" practitioners, both chiropractic, traditional medicine, naturopaths and the like, is when their practice solely exists to drain resources with no concern over the actual condition of their patients. There are far too many of those.
i think that more then half of those that deal in WC are more worried about charging fees then fixing he patient. my personal dealings with the WC system is that it is one of the most flawed systems around.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sorry bout your car bro.

my cousin crashed mine two weeks ago, so i feel your pain. imight not get mine back. and it was my cousins fault too.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz w124
WHY?!?!?!?!?! i leave to mexico on vacation ( still here, coming back on the first ) and i find this?! im soo sorry to hear about this. most of the info has already been given for what you should do. Was anybody else in the car with you? if he lives close and he has a shotty insurance, ill be glad to have a good... "word" with him. i hate people who can't drive. getting a license was wayy too easy. just getting into the parking lot in the school in the mornings for me is deadly. people are going about 30 in there which cars blocking view and turning like that just so they won't be late. its good to hear that your okay. how about we all tell our loved ones about one2four? so if something happens to us, we can contact you all. ill leave the remains of my 124 to you all well it is true that you still have your stang, if im not mistaken, that was your main project car? i hope to see you in a week asking where is a good place to get hids for your restored 124

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Soooo Sad And Sooo Mad!!! My Car Is Totaled!!!