E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Bosch Clear Corners W124

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bosch Clear Corners W124

I Purchased A Set Of Euro Clear Corners From Bekkers - On Their Website It States That They Are Bosch Oem Units. I've Thought About Purchasing The Asian Units On Ebay, But Decided That My Benz Desrves Oem quality.

Well, They Arrived Today And I Was Dissapointed That There Were No Bosch, Or 3 Pointed Star Markings On Them - Only Al/automotive Lighting - Manufactured In The Czech Republic...

I Called Bekkers To Ask What The Deal Was & They Told Me That They Are Bosch Units, But That Bosch Were Out-sourcing Some Of Their Parts To Other Companies.

Has Anyone Heard Of This? The Units Do Have Very High Quality Rubbbr Seals, Which From My Experience With Asian Units Is A Tell Tale Sign Of Cheap Construction...

It's Not About The Money ($100 For A Set Compared With $25 From Ebay) - I Just Don't Want To Be Lied To About Oem Parts.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1992 300CE AMG Hammer Replica, 2004 C240, 2015 ML350
I always buy the aftermarket units from importvision. my last set were the importvision smoked ones and they look great.

If you want bosch only get the ones that state bosch on them. as long as they say bosch they are ok, if the ones from bekkers don't say bosch on them, I would not bother paying the premium price for them.

Bosch corners wont necessarily have the mb star on them btw.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

id suggest contacting other sources by phone and confirming if bosch is indeed outsourcing some of thier manufacturing. should still say bosch on it. have them physically open a unit.

BTW did the packaging say bosch on it? that would be the first clue

its the principle. i know. if i thought i bought genuine bosch id hope it says that on it.

it sounds like you got ripped off to me.
Old 01-10-2006, 05:21 PM

1990 300E 2.6
Hi;
Purchased and installed a set of clear corners from Bekker in June, 2005. Each unit is marked in small raised letters "Bosch" at the top inside corner and "Made In Germany" at the bottom inside corner. It is a matter of principle! I, also, would not be happy if they were not clearly Bosch. Many companies outsource when they are not able to keep up with demand or no longer wish to manufacture an older part with less demand.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:41 PM

You would think, if Bosch outsourced the manurfacture of the lights they would allow the company to stamp the Bosch name on them. I purchaced a set of Bosch corners from Bekkers in May, 04. They are marked Bosch, and for the price, I would be none too happy if they were not. I also have a set of off brand corners. They seem to be of a slight lesser quality, but you have to look at them side by side to tell.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:58 PM

91 300E
Yeah see I was afraid of something like that happening so I just went for the Us spec bosch ones from a 94-95 for $111 all together. How much are the euro spec all clear ones generally?
Old 01-10-2006, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by bluecoupe
I Purchased A Set Of Euro Clear Corners From Bekkers - On Their Website It States That They Are Bosch Oem Units. I've Thought About Purchasing The Asian Units On Ebay, But Decided That My Benz Desrves Oem quality.

Well, They Arrived Today And I Was Dissapointed That There Were No Bosch, Or 3 Pointed Star Markings On Them - Only Al/automotive Lighting - Manufactured In The Czech Republic...

I Called Bekkers To Ask What The Deal Was & They Told Me That They Are Bosch Units, But That Bosch Were Out-sourcing Some Of Their Parts To Other Companies.

Has Anyone Heard Of This? The Units Do Have Very High Quality Rubbbr Seals, Which From My Experience With Asian Units Is A Tell Tale Sign Of Cheap Construction...

It's Not About The Money ($100 For A Set Compared With $25 From Ebay) - I Just Don't Want To Be Lied To About Oem Parts.

bluecoupe

you got the right thing.

i am not affiliated with bekkers in anyway.

they came in a bosch boxes right?

the latest bosch indicators are a different name. they have been made in the chech republic [at least] ever since i first bought them in sept 2000.

i just recently also bought some from bekkers.

anyone want a pair of bosch clear/amber late w124 indicators?
i have a pair for sale. i used them 2 months and bought clear.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:27 AM

W124
http://www.al-lighting.de/index.php?id=1031
Old 01-11-2006, 11:03 PM

Thanks to all for the information - the euro corners I recieved from Bekkers are OEM quality, just without the star / bosch stampings - I guess that Bosch just out-sourced the manufacturing of some parts for older out of production models due to diminished demand.

They fit beautifully and provide the look I wanted for my coupe. Is it worth the extra $60 over the ricer versions on ebay? I'll let you decide.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 74 Likes on 57 Posts
18 G550, 18 C350e
I bought a pair of Bosch Clear Corners from E-Bay. They were both made in the Czech Republic too. They still had "Bosch ..." labels on them.

Had them on for a while until one of the tabs snapped. I think it was my fault though. So, I put the stock clear/amber ones back.