E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

memory seat.. does it work?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 10:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Was 89' 300E, Now 93' 500SEL
memory seat.. does it work?

Hey everyone! I see that my driver side door has a green button and two numbers on it. Is that my memory seats? If it is how do i work it? Because i dont think it works.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
things with and without wheels
position the seat the way you like it then press the green button followed by pressing 1 .If someone else is also using this car have them adjust the seat to their comfort and press the green button followed by pressing 2 .Anytime your seat position is changed just press and hold the 1 button that you programed till it stops at your setting.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is a German Tank
Originally Posted by RobertG
position the seat the way you like it then press the green button followed by pressing 1 .If someone else is also using this car have them adjust the seat to their comfort and press the green button followed by pressing 2 .Anytime your seat position is changed just press and hold the 1 button that you programed till it stops at your setting.

All very true.

I usually hold down the green button and the numbered button simultaniously...
Old 06-21-2006, 12:49 PM

Dang after all these years i never knew how to work them. So seat my seats to where i like it and press the green button followed by #1. And thats it!? #1 should be set then i suppose? everytime i goto press #1 its always difference. lol
Old 06-21-2006, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is a German Tank
Originally Posted by hellah fresh
Dang after all these years i never knew how to work them. So seat my seats to where i like it and press the green button followed by #1. And thats it!? #1 should be set then i suppose? everytime i goto press #1 its always difference. lol
yea so you see if someone else hops on the driver's seat and screws around with your seat setting, then just hit the #1 button and voila!
Old 06-22-2006, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dora the Explorer
does anyone know if it's possible to upgrade standard power seats to have memory?

would it just be a matter of replacing the switch and adding a seat "ecu" or something like that, or are they completely different seats?
Old 06-23-2006, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by mgw_300e
does anyone know if it's possible to upgrade standard power seats to have memory?

would it just be a matter of replacing the switch and adding a seat "ecu" or something like that, or are they completely different seats?

What do you mean? We do ahve memory seats for our cars. But we just have to hold the button down for it to completely change.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dora the Explorer
Originally Posted by hellah fresh
What do you mean? We do ahve memory seats for our cars. But we just have to hold the button down for it to completely change.
memory seats were optional. I don't have them, but I want them - my wife has a tendency of moving my seat on the rare occasions that she drives my car - it takes me weeks before i feel like the seat is in the right place again.

I'm just curious as to whether or not most of what's needed is already in there. If I could just swap out the switch and add the part with the memory, I'd do it in a second.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
86 W124
Ive been trying to figure this out as I want it on the passenger side as well. I havent found a seat ecu in all the times Ive taken w124s apart so its either a relay somewhere or its the switch itself that saves the setting. Its just a timer as to how much the seat was moved and remembers the steps.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dora the Explorer
Originally Posted by ptoro01
Ive been trying to figure this out as I want it on the passenger side as well. I havent found a seat ecu in all the times Ive taken w124s apart so its either a relay somewhere or its the switch itself that saves the setting. Its just a timer as to how much the seat was moved and remembers the steps.
Interesting....... I'll have to check that out.

Toronto is not hell by the way, Buffalo is. When I lived in Buffalo, Toronto was like heaven on earth. Especially Yonge St.