E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Here is my idea for my new suspension setup...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 08:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1991 300E
Originally Posted by ZorroAMG
Whoa whoa whoa!! Dial it back three notches, anger-boy. He IS a bit of a pain but there is no need to go all Michael Richards on him....

Are you still angry cause of the way your bumper turned out? LOL
i'm pretty happy with my how my bumper turned out actually. i think it looks pretty sweet and it was relatively cheap as far as custom body work goes... i just don't like ignorant people. especially when they are from my hometown and sound like an idiot. i got injured over the weekend and i'm grouchy about it. plus garfunkle is an easy target.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:13 PM

1991 300E
Originally Posted by rooney2006
i'm pretty happy with my how my bumper turned out actually. i think it looks pretty sweet and it was relatively cheap as far as custom body work goes... i just don't like ignorant people. especially when they are from my hometown and sound like an idiot. i got injured over the weekend and i'm grouchy about it. plus garfunkle is an easy target.
i just need to get foglights or cut up a couple of vents to go over the foglight covers and i think it will look perfect.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:52 PM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W124's
Authentic AMG urethane ducktail --------------------------------- $500
Authentic AMG urethane Gen II front bumper ------------------- $2800

Fact that it is so rare and knockoffs are fibreglass POS's --------- PRICELESS

Damn Mark, you got ripped ... well at least on the bumper.

For the price of the front bumper you quoted, I can easily get the authentic AMG Gen II kit.

hint... which I will soon.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:00 AM

1995 S14
leave your springs. eibach's are perfectly fine. especially if you are getting 18" rims. STOP BEING SO IGNORANT. save the $250 plus installation and buy shocks or something. search the forum, you moron. stop talking like you are an 8 year old. "me want vogs cause pham gots?" Are you serious?
I only talk like that to Pham, because he seems to like to talk down to me. What he does not know is I have owned 2 124's and a 201 and I am 17. I may know a bit more about my cars than people think/assume. I may not know about how wide of wheels I can get , but I know how the car works. So long story short I am not trying to offend anyone by talking like a dumbass, but it seems logical since everyone assumes I am.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1990 300ce
ignorant is not the same as stupid. root word- to ignore. Ignorant means that you are choosing not to educate yourself.

Think about how many people have contributed to your posts and have tried to educate you. You are demanding the attention of numerous other people to provide you information that is already available to you. That's ignorance.

Nobody's implying you're stupid.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dora the Explorer
Originally Posted by Garfunkle_W124
I only talk like that to Pham, because he seems to like to talk down to me. What he does not know is I have owned 2 124's and a 201 and I am 17. I may know a bit more about my cars than people think/assume. I may not know about how wide of wheels I can get , but I know how the car works. So long story short I am not trying to offend anyone by talking like a dumbass, but it seems logical since everyone assumes I am.
You just bought yourself another week!
Old 02-21-2007, 11:45 AM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
Wait... So, what are you trying to prove? I don't talk down on you - I just put you in your spot like you deserve to be, but don't worry - totally nothing against you.

Also, what does you owning your past cars ... that's even considering if you even did have to do with anything? Parent bought cars don't count nor do scale models. Please note: you HAVE owned those cars. If you feel like showing off or hey maybe even try to compete. I've own two W201 and another W124, but may them rest in peace. Hey, I even drove an W140 during my high school days, but then again - who gives a f*ck what you drive nor what you use to own.

At the rate you're going... it's going to be hard for you to get respect or help from anyone here. So, Good Luck!
Old 02-21-2007, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is a German Tank
Gentlemen, Gentlemen...

Just Saying Garf's name makes my head spin

GARFUNKLE! Say it with me!

GARFUNKLE! GARFUNKLE! GARFUNKLE!

If you say it rapidly, it sounds as if your puking all the while saying the F word.

GARFUNKLE [ GHaR-FAHN-KEL]

Adjective

Henry, after numerous amounts of beer, had no choice but to Garfunkle.

And that, my dear Garf, is my .02 regarding suspensions.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:50 PM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
haha

Old 02-21-2007, 06:11 PM

1995 S14
Originally Posted by shadowgriffen
Gentlemen, Gentlemen...

Just Saying Garf's name makes my head spin

GARFUNKLE! Say it with me!

GARFUNKLE! GARFUNKLE! GARFUNKLE!

If you say it rapidly, it sounds as if your puking all the while saying the F word.

GARFUNKLE [ GHaR-FAHN-KEL]

Adjective

Henry, after numerous amounts of beer, had no choice but to Garfunkle.

And that, my dear Garf, is my .02 regarding suspensions.
...I may as well join the hate against Garfunkle...that dumbass *******.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:51 PM

1991 300E
...I may as well join the hate against Garfunkle...that dumbass *******.
i'm 19 dude. being younger doesn't give you an excuse to be ignorant. if you have something useful to contribute, by all means, please do. if you actually search and still have a question, that's cool, no problem. even compliments are fine. otherwise, shut the hell up. please.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is a German Tank
Guys, what do you all think of Sach products?? I went to the local auto zone to see if they carried any quality name brand shocks and the only thing they came up with was SACHS.

anyone have any info on Sachs prodructs?? They were a buck-thirty each, made in GERMANY.

I seriously have no choice but to fix my front left shock absorber, I mean the thing is just sitting there taking up space (or holding up, for that matter) the shock is completely done for. Last week while driving through the wonderful and driver friendly streets of boston I hit a pot hole the size of New Jersey and blew my front left shock now it sounds as if the darned thing's gonna pop out of my hood

I NEED to get front shocks ASAP, input PLEASE!
Old 02-22-2007, 09:36 AM

1995 S14
i'm 19 dude. being younger doesn't give you an excuse to be ignorant. if you have something useful to contribute, by all means, please do. if you actually search and still have a question, that's cool, no problem. even compliments are fine. otherwise, shut the hell up. please.
Thanks for your input fellow teen
Old 02-22-2007, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is a German Tank
Originally Posted by KompressorKev
i don't have much info or experience with the shocks. however, i do not belive that they are adjustable. according to the brabus order guide i have i don't see the shocks sold separately as an option, but you should contact the sponsors to see if you can. i would assume that the brabus shocks work for all w203 sedans, including c32, because they do not list another c32-specific option. also, amg just upgraded the shocks, springs, and swaybars for the c32 over the regular c320, so shock and spring applications for brabus replacing stock amg components should be the same. if i'm not mistaken, they are made by Sachs, who is also the supplier for AMG's shocks.
Nevermind guys
Old 02-22-2007, 11:26 AM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
Originally Posted by shadowgriffen
Guys, what do you all think of Sach products?? I went to the local auto zone to see if they carried any quality name brand shocks and the only thing they came up with was SACHS.

anyone have any info on Sachs prodructs?? They were a buck-thirty each, made in GERMANY.

I seriously have no choice but to fix my front left shock absorber, I mean the thing is just sitting there taking up space (or holding up, for that matter) the shock is completely done for. Last week while driving through the wonderful and driver friendly streets of boston I hit a pot hole the size of New Jersey and blew my front left shock now it sounds as if the darned thing's gonna pop out of my hood

I NEED to get front shocks ASAP, input PLEASE!
Sachs is good. It's a step down from Bilsteins.

My friend has a complete suspension set up from Sachs on his 16V and it rides great.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:27 AM

1991 300E
sachs parts are extremely good quality.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is a German Tank
You guys are a day late and a dollar short, but thanks anyways.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:41 AM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
haha you
Old 02-22-2007, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is a German Tank
Originally Posted by ChrisDPham
haha you
LOL
Old 02-22-2007, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Enzo, my Benzo
Originally Posted by ChrisDPham
Damn Mark, you got ripped ... well at least on the bumper.

For the price of the front bumper you quoted, I can easily get the authentic AMG Gen II kit.

hint... which I will soon.

Haha thats canadian retail for the bumper...you WISH I paid that much. Try less than my ducktail Muahaahahhahaaahahahaahahah
Old 03-03-2007, 05:11 AM

88 260 E
Ummmm.. where do you plan on putting 9.5" wheels on a lowered, non 500E500? In the trunk?
hahaha But I got you beat on the slam, I'm at 1 or 2 fingers depends on how chubby your fingers are...lolz

~Cali

Last edited by CaliE320; 03-03-2007 at 05:18 AM.