E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)
View Poll Results: What should I do with Enzo's Carlssons?
Body Color Lips
20.93%
All Body Color
25.58%
Leave as is
53.49%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Modding Enzo, AGAIN...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 01:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 116 Likes on 74 Posts
2016 Cls63s AMG
zorrooo dude i just check out your personal page... great work man, great portfolio and clips... i like your photograpy, props bro... i do some of that everynow and then too.. anyways later man
Old 03-02-2008, 02:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'95 3.2 M104
Originally Posted by ZedStyle
he has an acting website because he's a professional actor, you turd. or do you have a more effective way for him to promote himself?
you've officially become a troll on this forum, and you've succeeded in alienating yourself from pretty much everyone, including zorro, who for some reason actually didn't mind you for for a while. you contribute nothing besides insulting comments in every thread, which are obviously your way of 'getting back' at the forum for not appreciating your whiny b!tch threads. you hate your car so much, but can't bring yourself to sell it, which makes you a cheap masochistic moron.
at over 50 years old, you behave like an immature neglected child, whose only source of self-worth is logging on to a website and talking ***** to people half your age, who still manage to put you in your place without a problem. i love how zorro snapped his fingers and you deleted your posts. d@mn right, son.
whoever you think you are, you still drive the same type of car as the rest of us, only difference being yours looks like *****, so don't act TOO high and mighty.
you will obviously continue to post, because you have nothing better to do, such as spend time with your family, who i'm guessing probably think you're a bit of a d!ck too, and so i'm sure we will continue this for the foreseeable future.
didn't zorro make you your sig, you ungrateful wretch? i think you need to stop using it.
zorro, sorry on behalf of this tubesteak for the thread going this way, but seriously, wtf?!?
i still want to see a chop of the silver strips...
AMEN !!!!!
Old 03-02-2008, 02:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1990 300ce
wow it got really serious in here all of a sudden.

Mark, let me put it to you this way. Do you ever see yourself being "done" with this car? Is this car more of a process for you, or are you trying achieve a finished product?

I say, if you consider your car an on-going hobby, do it. Like you said, all you will be out in terms of money is the labor involved with painting, stripping, and re-polishing the lips if you don't like it in the end. Not the end of the world.

But if you see yourself eventually getting to the point where you're done modding the car because it's "perfect", then this seems like you're running on a hamster wheel a little bit. I hate to quote Ksing, but "modding for the sake of modding".

It's your car, your canvas, so do what you want to do. Of course we're flattered that you have solicited our opinions and hope you continue to do so (since you're one of the only active members on this board who is actually modding his car), but in the end, just do what makes you happy!!
Old 03-02-2008, 03:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

92 500e, 95 E34 525I Touring
I would never come at anyone the way zed is coming at ksing. But I cant say I disagree with him at all. Ksing, your posts have become nothing more than the fuel for flame wars. Plenty of people expressed their personal opinions without condescending or just plain insulting those of others on the boards. I can't think of a single post of yours within recent memory that hasnt completely denounced almost every form of personalization of our cars. You don't even know how to make one, compiled post. You littered this thread with a dozen posts back to back that could have easily been combined. Go away. Please. You have nothing to offer on these boards.

Another thing, how dare you compare your car to enzo? I see dozens of cars exactly like yours every week. If that is an expression of your own personal taste, it shows how bland and uninteresting you really are. Please tell me this was another example of your horrible taste in humor.

Zed, preach my brotha.

I used to think you were kinda a dick for coming down on him so hard, but to quote a great american film:

"Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get ****ed by dicks. But dicks also **** *******s: *******s that just want to **** on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with *******s their way. But the only thing that can **** an ******* is a dick, with some *****. The problem with dicks is: they **** too much or **** when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a ***** to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of **** that they become *******s themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from *** holes. I don't know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let us **** this *******, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in ****!"

Ksing: youre an *******.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Enzo, my Benzo
Hahahahahahahahaha...

I don't know what to say other than the fact that it seems that I am rather respected by a few in this forum! I like that! Of COURSE the same respect goes back to the few of you, I appreciate the kind words and defense, it's a shame that the thread DID go this way though.

My car is my hobby, my passion, my main materialistic love. I have owned faster, cooler, more reliable cars but Enzo is my baby! Ksing can be all angry and spiteful and jealous and stabbing and and and and all he wants. I know and evidently the rest of you share the same opinion that my car simply kicks butt

What I do try to achieve is not a car for everyone but a car that puts the biggest ***** eating grin on my face EVERY time I drive it. It has since day one. Modding is my passion and I will continue to change things because, as Pete said, it's my canvas and my self expression

EFF those that don't like it.....those VERY few people haha!

Thanks dudes!!

PS I think I will be doing black lips, if it sucks, I'll re-polish them but how do we know it won't be uber-bad-*** until we try, right? I bet lots of people hated exposed CF at one time....
Old 03-02-2008, 03:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

92 500e, 95 E34 525I Touring
I honestly think youre starting a trend with reversing the usual black-faced-polished-lip style.

Ive NEVER seen it on another car. Mark my words that this WILL be imitated.

Black lips or body-color?
Old 03-02-2008, 03:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Youngtimer
Originally Posted by rivcal4life
I used to think you were kinda a dick for coming down on him so hard
if you saw all his posts in this and previous threads before he edited/deleted them, you would see where i'm coming from...

zorro, this guy had a similar idea, but the reverse...!

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....34&postcount=1
Old 03-02-2008, 03:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1987 560SL
Hey Zorro,

Looks like I missed the action here tonight. If you'd gone for a cruise, you'd have missed it , too.

All out slug fest, Zed meets Ksing, or... Freddy meets Jason lol
Old 03-02-2008, 03:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Enzo, my Benzo
No, more like predator meets dora the explorer.

Zed FTW!!!!

Actually, Zed I saw a Cayman over on teh other site that had black lip and it was FTW for the win. It was for the win.

Old 03-02-2008, 03:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1987 560SL
Zorro wrote:
(quote)
"No, more like predator meets dora the explorer.

Zed FTW!!!!"(unquote)

I love it!

Oh, and that car is "the shizz", as they say in Portland.

Maybe I was wrong - try painting yer lips and put some palm trees in behind...
Old 03-02-2008, 03:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1987 560SL
BTW those pictures remind me - modding my "Terminator", just got drilled rotors last Thursday and I'm going to paint my calipers - car is already silver.

Been done (no sheep comments , please ), but these photos show how effective the look is.

Do your mod - you can always undo it too!
Old 03-02-2008, 04:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Youngtimer
i think you should just go for the black lips, it might make the wheel look a bit smaller, but it will definitely look evil, and suit your car...

some more similar ideas...
https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....57&postcount=1

i see your cayman, and raise you a 911...!
https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....99&postcount=1

Last edited by ZedStyle; 03-02-2008 at 04:23 AM.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:48 AM

i now drive a ford p71 i also own a 1988 ford f150 lariat
Originally Posted by ksing44
did I screw up again? I didn't mean to. I thought I was being witty and funny and stuff. honestly!
okay not to sound like a dick but yeahhhhhhhhhh your starting to bug me a bit
Old 03-02-2008, 06:56 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2010 VW Golf TDI
Wasn’t any of it funny?

Wow, I really did mess up. I definitely missed the mark with my humor. I don't know about being owned or whatever. I was just modding this and modding that and playing with my computer, is that really such a crime. I really did just get my chairs reupholstered and I just finished making a backboard thing for a dartboard for my playroom. I've been modding away.

I was also trying to poke a little fun at Zorro too, but not in a bad way. I do appreciate his chop of my sig and we all know he is the coolest. Heck, I wish I were a young aspiring actor with a cool car that girls are chasing wherever he goes. Does it make any difference to you all if you know that nothing was meant to be mean spirited and that I was trying to be a little funny?

Even previous posts, when I go back to see them they really don't seem offensive to me. I guess I must be a callous old miserable man. The only thing is that in person others know me as the guy that is always smiling and always happy to see them. I don't quite understand why you guys get all riled up about some of the things I say.

Peace dudes, please be nice to me I am not a mean guy man.

Also, please go ahead get the black lips if you want them. Like you said, you can always polish them off. They did look good on the Porsche, but I think it was the silver and black combo that made it work. They also do make the wheels look smaller, since the black blends in with the tire. Don't you guys always dream of ever bigger and bigger wheels? On a practical side, however, won't the black lips show every little ding?

Last edited by ksing44; 03-02-2008 at 07:01 AM.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:01 AM

95 E320 Coupe, Diesel Golf
zorro dont ruin those wheels they look awsome. I think that's the point with rims, no matter how they look you eventually get tired of the look.

I say stay still.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:05 AM

'95 E420 SE
Yo Z, original I voted for "leave as is", but if for no other reason than for the philosophy that modding a car is personal thing and should be for the owner's taste and NOBODY ELSE'S, do whatever you think looks *****in'! My car has dark wheels, and many a W124 driver has told me that they care little for the style of the wheel and the dark color (black chrome), but locally...and to my eye...it looks bad-assed and draws many compliments.

Your car is sweet, and I have yet to see you perform a tacky mod. Everything is executed with attention to detail and an artistic eye. So let her rip dude...not like you were going to alter your ideas from the feedback you recieved here anyway....right?

So do what you're gonna do, do it with love and reap the rewards! BTW: that Caymen is sick...rediculous...me want one!!!
Old 03-02-2008, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 e320...sold the rest
Wow...I'm surprised! Zorro, go with the black lip for sure. Some might say it would make the wheels look smaller and the tires look beefier from a distance, but from up close it looks damn good! I've only seen that on real expensive sports cars like that cayman, or this lambo gallardo by my house.

But all in all, Black Lip FTW!!!!!!

*Sorry it took me a while to post my input, i've been out of town since friday*
Old 03-02-2008, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1987 560SL
Hi Ksing,

Seems like you want to participate and be friends, but just relax a little.

These guys on here, are from a wide range of backgrounds and technical experience, but are pretty open and helpful to all, commercial posters excepted, perhaps.

I think, my opinion only, that in an effort to entertain, you are honing the fine art of sarcastic humour. Unfortunately, it doesn't always translate well to a posting on a forum. Without having you in "the room", so to speak, your light-hearted delivery doen't come across.

I know you don't want us to think you're just an old curmudgeon...
Old 03-02-2008, 12:18 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by 190E 16V
Hi Ksing,

Seems like you want to participate and be friends, but just relax a little.

These guys on here, are from a wide range of backgrounds and technical experience, but are pretty open and helpful to all, commercial posters excepted, perhaps.

I think, my opinion only, that in an effort to entertain, you are honing the fine art of sarcastic humour. Unfortunately, it doesn't always translate well to a posting on a forum. Without having you in "the room", so to speak, your light-hearted delivery doen't come across.

I know you don't want us to think you're just an old curmudgeon...

+1, not everyone here knows each other personally and personalities do not translate all so well sometimes at the E-Bar.

OK, back to Mark's thread in which he did solicit opinions- so keep the coming but also no thread jacks- thanks.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Enzo, my Benzo
Yeah it all did get way outta hand, thanks to all that tried to steer this all back on topic.

Ksing, last words about this: You're not a bad guy, we are not bad guys, just be more self aware and it'll all work out for the best. That acting/gay comment crossed the line, no matter how joking you were. You don't know me well enough to joke about my career and my passion.

ON WITH THE SUGGESTIONS FOLKS!!

I am leaning HARD towards black lip...will do it this spring when I have my front end re-sprayed.....W00t!
Old 03-02-2008, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1990 300ce
Okay, I have another idea.

I was totally thinking about the time-attack stripe when I saw the pics that zed posted. If you wanted to get crazy, could you take your car to a machine shop, have them bolt your rims up to a metal lathe, and cut a small groove into the lip of your wheel. The lip would be painted/powder coated black, and then you could have them paint a bead of red paint inside the groove.

Anyway, this is probably over the top, but it could look cool. Maybe you could Photoshop a version with a black lip and a red stripe? Maybe a paint shop would tell you that they could paint a straight stripe on there without having to cut into your rim? I dunno.

Btw, don't you want to have the lip powder coated and not painted? Wheels endure some significant abuse, so I would be worried that paint would chip too easily.
Old 03-02-2008, 02:46 PM

1994 E320
I know I voted here and on beyond to keep it as it is, but if you want a change, go for it, you're obviously not happy with keeping it the same and you need to do something. In fact, I've thought about black chroming my chrome rims just to have something different, **** the haters. Your car will still look good man, the all black is menacing, and pretty cool, would probably look better in real life than the photoshop, and the black lip isn't a bad idea either.

If you want change, do it up!
Old 03-02-2008, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1987 560SL
I like Big Pete's groovy idea!
Old 03-03-2008, 08:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is a German Tank
Z I really like the lip Idea, but I think that having the lips body colored will make your rims look smaller, therefore giving the impression that you've somehow downgraded.

I like it, but I'm not sure if it'll work!
Old 07-23-2008, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

91' 300e // 99 300e TD // 00' ML55 AMG
black wheels, silver lip, and center caps, best looking rim by far on any W124, nuff said

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Modding Enzo, AGAIN...