E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Autohaus sent wrong rotor adapter/bracket

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 02:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
E
Autohaus sent wrong rotor adapter/bracket

Checked the packet it came in and it shows for 103 in part #.

But when I put it on, it does not fit quite right and the OEM bolt is very very slightly too big.

Just a heads up to everybody. Sucks because I don't have time to look around online and wait for another so now I gotta go pay the $46 at the stealership

I tell you what....to get the old broken one out, it was an absolute nightmare. Look at what I was dealing with... It was jammed in and wouldn't budge. I damaged the inside of the camshaft slightly, but I think its okay. I sanded down any bumps, but there are still some slight grooves in it. Absolute nightmare!!!! I hope MB has an updated steel one instead of this **** metal the stock one was made out of.

Last edited by ps2cho; 07-08-2009 at 02:22 AM.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
300CE 24V Sportline 1991
Wow

How did this happen?

I had all this apart on my 300ce-24 when I had rotor arm misery. The problem turned out to be the 18-month-old Bremi rotor arm. Got a new MB on and all is well.

I also replaced the dust cover and o-ring - 104 Euro - ouch, how did they invent that price?

My advice to you is that you install genuine, high grade parts here. It gets very hot and your reliability depends on the ignition.

RayH
Old 07-08-2009, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E
Just went to the dealer and apparantly there is TWO different versions depending on your VIN??? The heck?
Why would there be two different types of brackets? I thought the M103 was the same throughout aside from displacement? Why would the rotor bracket be any different?

Of course they only carry one and so I bought it...Got home and its exactly the same one I already have so it doesn't fit. He said the other one is special order only. What the heck man? This is so frustrating. A stupid piece of **** metal is this hard to get?

How it happened? Because its cheap metal that was all rusted up and expanded so cracked eventually, that is why. The updated one looks steel, so it must have been a problem that plagued early models.

Last edited by ps2cho; 07-08-2009 at 08:38 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E
Had to call dealership with my VIN to get correct part #.

Looks like for later 1987's they changed the rotor + camshaft (for bolt size) with the updated model shown above.

This is the correct one:

Found somewhere local that carries it. Pheww....Fingers crossed I can get it resolved by the end of the day.