E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

THIS will make you throw up:

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
E
After looking more careful, I am certain it is a joke and photochopped. There are too many things wrong with the pictures. Between me and my dad we identified countless things.

ie: windows are "clouded" up...Rear deck was modified and drops down to go under the spoiler, but in the picture with the top down, there is no indication of it. The diesel fenders were made on the RIGHT hand side of the car, not the left. His photo clearly shows it on the left side.

The top does not have support beams at the corners where they should be...they are in the center. The door panels are different colors, driver and passenger.

Already stated above the engine bay is w140 chassis... Also if you look carefully the cover isn't even mounted properly, it is bent sideways. He probably just threw it on top of either an M104 or 400E engine.

The guy has a Ferrari, yet sells Hookas and electric toasters on his ebay profile

This is a joke..
Old 03-04-2010, 12:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1984 190D
The reality is that this car does not exist....
Its all photoshopped... My guess is someone here on the forum having fun...
Old 03-04-2010, 11:59 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
300D, 500E, E420
I wish it were a joke or fake, but I'm almost certain it is not. It's just a terribly executed project car which the owner thinks is worth far more than it really is.

ie: windows are "clouded" up...
Probably overspray from a rattle-can paint job.

Rear deck was modified and drops down to go under the spoiler, but in the picture with the top down, there is no indication of it.
The photo of the top down is from a different car (possibly a genuine W124 Cabrio), which I think is mentioned in his description.

The diesel fenders were made on the RIGHT hand side of the car, not the left. His photo clearly shows it on the left side.
That is not a diesel fender, or even a Photoshop of a diesel fender. It just has louvers added (poorly) on the driver side. The diesel louvers look totally different. Click here to see the rear diesel fender close up.

The top does not have support beams at the corners where they should be...they are in the center. The door panels are different colors, driver and passenger.
More indication of a badly executed project, but no evidence of Photoshop here.

Already stated above the engine bay is w140 chassis... Also if you look carefully the cover isn't even mounted properly, it is bent sideways. He probably just threw it on top of either an M104 or 400E engine.
That's an M119.97x engine for sure, not an M104, although the photo is meaningless since it's not the actual engine compartment. It was probably borrowed from a different auction. However I suspect that this white knight, if it does have an M119, most likely has an M119.96x with mechanical injection. Swapping in the LH injected .97x motor would be a nightmare, and wouldn't fit with the other "work" done on this fine [somethingorother].

I'm really hoping it re-appears on eBay with newer photos! I wanna see more!!

Old 03-04-2010, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1987 560SL
I agree Dave, I want to see more.

It IS weirdly fascinating!

With that in mind, would you send $5 too, for Saijin's visit?

Last edited by 190E 16V; 03-04-2010 at 01:11 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:18 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
300D, 500E, E420
Originally Posted by 190E 16V
With that in mind, would you send $5 too, for Saijin's visit?
Absolutely! As an alternate option, I'll offer him a discount on my Brembo brake upgrade for sale, lol...