E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Calling Zorroamg

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 10:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e400
Calling Zorroamg

I was going to get a lowering kit and custom suspension, but i asked around some shops in my area, and most of them arn't willing to even consider working on the car.
Another shop (retards) told me that bilstein suspension is like $900 and a lowering kit is $350. Then on top of that they wanted to charge $600-$700 on installation at the least. So thats like $2000, and i dont have that much.
Anyways, sorry, on to my point.

I wanted to get headlights and a grill like yours (because i love the way your car looks).
So, can you tell me where i can find those projector headlights, because i can't find anywhere to buy them from. And what kind of housing do you have?

Only worry is, idk how those headlights would look on a WHITE 300e. I like the black housing, but black housing on a car that is completely white other wise? May look a little odd. And im not a big fan of chrome.

And also, the grill is quite easy to find and all..BUT
Once again the white car worries me.
A chrome grill wouldn't bother me too much, because the stock one is chrome.

So if you don't mind Zorro, could you please tell me:
Where to find the headlights
What you did to the corner lights to make them look so good.
What housing you have

And most importantly, would you go with the chrome or black housing on a white car?

THANK YOU!

Last edited by zach1328; 10-26-2010 at 10:51 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Enzo, my Benzo
Can't find those lights anymore online it seems, I have the smoked version, not chrome or black...I did a TSX hid retrofit (huge effing P.I.T.A.) to get actual useable light pattern. Corner lights came with the headlights...

I'd just get euro lights and skip the hassle, actually...
Old 10-27-2010, 05:29 PM

e400
Originally Posted by ZorroAMG
Can't find those lights anymore online it seems, I have the smoked version, not chrome or black...I did a TSX hid retrofit (huge effing P.I.T.A.) to get actual useable light pattern. Corner lights came with the headlights...

I'd just get euro lights and skip the hassle, actually...
Hmm you lost me with the TSX retrofit, seeing has i have no idea what that means, maybe i should just stick with my headlights, or maybe buy the euro ones.

I actually did manage to find the headlights online, but they only offer them in black or chrome, no smoked ones. In addition the website isn't in english, so im clueless as to what it says.

http://www.superstyling.eu/index.php...oducts_id=2561

There's the link to the site..Those are the same ones you have, correct?

EDIT: Sorry, never mind, i did find out how to transfer the site to english. But regardless it does not have much info on the headlights.
And i believe 210 euros is equivelant of about $290, is that a reasonable price. And just as confirmation, those are the same ones you have right? Other than the housing

Last edited by zach1328; 10-27-2010 at 05:33 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Enzo, my Benzo
Yep I have those but with smoked housing...you can get these and do the smoked 3m film on top to protect them and smoke them. The projectors in those lights are absolute GARBAGE so I removed them and installed acura TSX projectors and HID kit to get proper lighting.

They are a pain to aim and I decided to go back to my Bosch euro headlights for now...
Old 10-27-2010, 11:17 PM

e400
Haha the lighting can't be any worse than that of my headlights. The american style ones are complete trash as for lighting. The projectors may not be any better, but i highly doubt they can be worse.
I could live with the stock projectors and HIDs. The reason i would be buyin those headlights is for looks, not so much lighting.

Most of the streets in my area are very well lit; you could pretty much drive anywhere around my area without having your headlights on. (Assuming you have a good eye for spotting deer)

Anyways, thank you very much for the advice, and for responding quickly to my posts.
And on a side note.............................................. ... I LOVE YOUR CAR!

Wish i had that kind of time and money to put into my car.
One of these days..But by then the car will be about 25 years old(7 years from now). Not too bad when i think of all the people that have 1986 W124s (24 years old) and have kept them running over the years.

In my mind, there is no life after W124s!

Last edited by zach1328; 10-27-2010 at 11:22 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Enzo, my Benzo
No, you can't live with the stock projectors and hid's you'll be blinding other motorists and not have ANY light on the road in front of you, trust me. Your N/A stockies are much better than these stock projectors.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Youngtimer
Originally Posted by zach1328
Only worry is, idk how those headlights would look on a WHITE 300e.

not exactly the same, but hopefully will give you an idea of how they would look

Trending Topics

Old 10-28-2010, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Zed....SNOW??? Brrrrr..
Old 10-28-2010, 04:38 PM

e400
What the hell..So yesterday i was talking about getting new headlights, which were working perfectly fine yesterday.
Wake up in the morning to head out to school, turn on my headlights............
The driver side light isn't working..Just since this morning.
God really wants me to get some new headligts i guess.

Anyways onto a different question.
The other day i was thinking about how well my W124 (300e 2.8) handles. And i was kind of wondering, what gives it such a good handling feel?

I don't understand..

The W124 has Recirculating Ball Steering. And recurculating ball steering is known to have less feel of the road. This kind of steering also generally has a "dead" spot in the middle. I guess the advantage is the fact that it wears less and lasts longer.

I think the W124s steering gives a great feel of the road, but looking at the opinions of ball steering it shouldn't.
The typical Rack and Pinion steering is supposed to better for road feel and handling etc.

So my question is, why did mercedes stick with the Recirculating ball steering? Is it some kind of modified recirculating ball steering?

Other than that, the suspension is also very loose and when riding passenger it seems as if the suspension is built for luxury.
When behind the wheel, its a completely different story. I love the way the stock suspension feels when im driving.

So the loose luxury tuned suspension gives a decent handling feel too..
Why is this?

You would think with luxury suspension and ball steering, a cars handling wouldn't be all there.

So my overall question is, why does it feel all there??
Old 10-28-2010, 05:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Youngtimer
Originally Posted by Chappy
Zed....SNOW??? Brrrrr..
ha! yeah, i think that was last year... crazy things happen when you live OTP...! We actually had enough ice to cause 3 or 4 wrecks right outside our subdivision, if you can believe it...