E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

How do you achieve this look? (W124 front)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 06:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
88 W124 300CE
Originally Posted by RHW
Delicious looking coupe, opinions may vary, but your coupe is a hot, unique combo of color, kit, wheels, stance etc. It is one of the cars that causes me to double take often, even though it is your same sig pic.
Awwwwww shucks RWH now you dun made me embarrassed !

I wasn't offended by his comment - just wanted to point out that making generalized statements such as "facelift making a car look cheap" is bound to get some people offside. Same as the suggestion by someone that if he modified his car to look like that picture "..someone hit it with an ugly stick". (even if I did agree with that)

Not sure I understand the sig pic comment at the end ?
Old 09-06-2011, 01:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1992 400E
Ghetto!

Originally Posted by RHW
First, acquire an ugly stick.

Then beat your car with it.
Second that, people that do things like that never change their oil or anything else, like IQ maybe?
That is so ghetto! Now all it needs is 22" spinning wheels. Then the car can look like it came out of a gangsta rap video.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:18 AM

1992 400E
Not ch eap,
but ch ildish. Some body said Honda........like one of those drifter cars.
To each his own. It just takes all of the class away from what is a great car.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:48 AM

88 W124 300CE
Originally Posted by MZ-M104
well, as a few people stated here, it is called the SEC look...
It was quite common in the German tuning community... but I reckon a W124 does not deserves a look like this.

MZ

Hey MZ Nice looking ride mate !
Done well with the CF look on the inside - sets it off beautifully !
Old 09-06-2011, 01:57 AM

W219 - WDD219.3762
Originally Posted by stormtigers
Hey MZ Nice looking ride mate !
Done well with the CF look on the inside - sets it off beautifully !
thanks mate, how does the ZENDER kit fit n your C124 ? any problems installing it ? or is it good quality ?

cheers

MZ
Old 09-06-2011, 03:20 AM

88 W124 300CE
Originally Posted by MZ-M104
thanks mate, how does the ZENDER kit fit n your C124 ? any problems installing it ? or is it good quality ?

cheers

MZ
Genuine Zender - such a shame the company is not in business of making body kits anymore. They are good quality and I cannot take the cudos for installing. My car used to belong to the Manager at Carshine here in Victoria. As such he dressed it too the 9's to demonstrate all the after-market gear that was available. From what I can see the fit is pretty easy - usual loose screws in odd places after all its been on there for 8+ years. But I am gradually getting around to crawling underneath and tightening and replacing those that need it.

You should have a look at the CarShine websit they are moving some left over AMG/LORINSER/ZENDER bodykit parts for your era of sedan and believe me they are way way cheaper than the original retail levels.
He has some used white AMG side skirts and AMG small lip rear spoiler for the sedan for sub $200 each. They were RRP over $500.

He also has a BBS front/rear apron and side skirts (used I think) for $1500.

Let me know if you want them inspected or anything - he is just down the road from where I live in Greenvale.

Cheers
Old 09-06-2011, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1990 300ce 24v I6
STorm, you're close to the Carshine.AU place? I see that he has parts that I want, but I didn't know if they were a reputable business. Plus, the shipping is likely 10x the item's worth :C
Old 09-06-2011, 01:20 PM
RHW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
94 Wagon and 94 Cabriolet
Yea, they have always shown some very desirable items at carshine, when I was really hot for a kit, they had some great options, but adding shipping to the high-priced parts never worked out. Maybe clearance special pricing could.

I think a friendly local resource could ship things cheaper than they were willing to.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:33 PM

88 W124 300CE
Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib
STorm, you're close to the Carshine.AU place? I see that he has parts that I want, but I didn't know if they were a reputable business. Plus, the shipping is likely 10x the item's worth :C

Hey Sajin - Very reputable indeed. Gary started the business doing cleanng and detailing of prestige cars in the city many many years ago and relocated to Tullamarine when they moved into after market parts as well.
Having bought HIS personal car I know the level of detail he goes too with aftermarket MB products. HE has some really great gear down there and it isn't rubbish. He generally brings in a product tries it out and either it gets the seal of approval or ends up in the bin.

The cars you see parked in the driveway having after market bits installed is a regular who's who of MB, AUDI, BMW etc including brand new deliveries. I know I am sounding like a walking advertising board for the place but I am like a kid in a toyshop down there. (want one of those and one of those and couple those )

Over the years he has done restorations and builds for major companies also. Like in the 80's the surfers all dreamed of or owned a GM Panel Van known as as a SANDMAN. A local radio station wanted to give one as a prize and Gary was given the contract to do it back up to original spec. GM also got them to dress up a 2 door turbo coupe back in the 80's for a ocncept car design for a Motor show.

Anyway all that aside yes he is very reputable and he has good gear.

If your interested in any of products he has send me a message and I can go look at it first hand and send you some iphone pictures and see what I can do sourcing it and freighting it.

But as you know freight from here to the USA is expensive.
I looked at the shipping costs of things like body kits and they are damn expensive. But nowhere near as expensive as coming from the US to Australia. I can't work that out for the life of me !

I also suggest you look at your local freight carriers and see if they will do freight charge to you locally for overseas pickup of goods - maybe they will be more reasonable on cost.

Another suggestions someone made is that we could perhaps organise a group buy of products shipped to one distribution point say in California where all parts could be on shipped or collected.

I have been thiking about trying to get a W124 parts price list together from Carshine and also used RHD parts that might be desirable over there. i.e RHD drivers mirrors etc. IF there is enough interest I can certainly look to sourcing anything we may have on this side of the world.

Over to you guys.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
92 500e, 95 E34 525I Touring
Ooo! I want a RHD passenger side stubby mirror! Prefer manual adjustment, but I could wire up electronic if necessary.

BTW, your coupe does look nice overall! However, you did ask for opinions so I will simply say that the mirror covers don't seem to flow very well with the whole package. Not terrible tho! How about the wheels? They look fine, but do you plan on keeping them, or changing eventually? I think something more aggressive would look killer! maybe the ones I had on my old 300E:

Don't mind my cheezy headlights and grill, I was young!
Old 09-08-2011, 03:46 AM

88 W124 300CE
Originally Posted by rivcal4life
Ooo! I want a RHD passenger side stubby mirror! Prefer manual adjustment, but I could wire up electronic if necessary.

BTW, your coupe does look nice overall! However, you did ask for opinions so I will simply say that the mirror covers don't seem to flow very well with the whole package. Not terrible tho!

Yes I know it's the unfortunate part of MB's philosophy. From front on they look like crap. I have always owned cars where the mirrors were the same both sides and I am investigating putting a LHD drivers mirror electric on instead of the my current passenger mirror (that looks like an ad for eating too many Big Mac's compared to the other one).

How about the wheels? They look fine, but do you plan on keeping them, or changing eventually? I think something more aggressive would look killer! maybe the ones I had on my old 300E:
Maybe later these staggered one's cost me 200 plus some polishing and then new set of tyres. If something nice come's up maybe BUT I am trying to stick to MB OEM wheels rather than copies and that means supply is not always cheap.

Lovely looking "E" though my friend - and yes I excused the headlights Hahahahahahahah
Old 09-08-2011, 04:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
92 500e, 95 E34 525I Touring
Thank you sir. Yes, those wheels I posted are actual Mercedes OEM from a 2007 C350 Sport model. I sold that car about 2 years ago though and have since upgraded to my current 500E. The love affair continues...