E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

W124 M103 Engine Air Intake Hose

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2022, 11:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
300E 2.6L
W124 M103 Engine Air Intake Hose

Does any one know where I can find a new air intake hose for a M103 engine? I have looked around all the parts warehouses and have gotten NLA for the car. I also saw the mod for the W126 300SE intake to the car, but that part 1030900482 is NLA as well.

Thanks for any help in locating this!
Old 10-30-2022, 12:57 PM

1986 300E 3.0
What part for what vehicle??

I know it's been a while since you posted this. But what year is your MB? It would help to know exactly what vehicle you have when you are looking for a very specific part. I personally have been shocked how easy it has been to find MB parts that I thought I would have to find some way to fix or replicate. So, if we know what you're looking for - pictures always help clarify things as well. What you might call an air "intake hose" might actually be referred to as a PCV bypass hose or whatever. Part of my air intake is a "scoop" bolted to the frame next to the radiator, connected to a short rubber flex piece (since it's attaching a frame mounted item to an engine mounted item) that connects to a plastic housing that attaches to my air cleaner. Counting the air cleaner, that's 4 parts that could be considered part of the air intake system. Specificity helps.
Old 10-30-2022, 01:48 PM

300E 2.6L
Originally Posted by DiJiTiLEnt
I know it's been a while since you posted this. But what year is your MB? It would help to know exactly what vehicle you have when you are looking for a very specific part. I personally have been shocked how easy it has been to find MB parts that I thought I would have to find some way to fix or replicate. So, if we know what you're looking for - pictures always help clarify things as well. What you might call an air "intake hose" might actually be referred to as a PCV bypass hose or whatever. Part of my air intake is a "scoop" bolted to the frame next to the radiator, connected to a short rubber flex piece (since it's attaching a frame mounted item to an engine mounted item) that connects to a plastic housing that attaches to my air cleaner. Counting the air cleaner, that's 4 parts that could be considered part of the air intake system. Specificity helps.
Thanks for the reply, this is a 1991 300E 2.6 (M103 engine). It is the cold air intake hose that runs between the air scoop next to the radiator and the air filter.

it is the hose wrapper in red duct tap
Old 10-31-2022, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 139 Likes on 135 Posts
02w163ML500 / 97w210E50AMG / 99w202C230k / 95w124500e-wip
Google is your best friend. Learn how to use it.
3D print it
Old 10-31-2022, 09:56 PM

300E 2.6L
Originally Posted by khomer2
Google is your best friend. Learn how to use it.
3D print it
thanks Khomer. I wish I had money for a 3D printer, but cannot afford that. Thanks for the dick post a-hole, if you dont have any help to give, no need to troll us who are here to try to keep our old cars on the road while on a budget
Old 10-31-2022, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 139 Likes on 135 Posts
02w163ML500 / 97w210E50AMG / 99w202C230k / 95w124500e-wip
lol.
who said anything about owning a 3D printer?
Answer: you did - You can't even see beyond your limited mindset.
too bad your anger/emotions get the better of you.
There are other options, but you can percolate yourself, over the other available options.

Old 11-30-2022, 02:42 AM

1986 300E 3.0
Hi rpwilson, Been out of town for a few weeks, so hadn't had a chance to follow up. Don't let khomer2 get to you. I've seen his replies to scores of different posts and they are all pretty much the same. He seems to revel in taking a lot of time writing posts to tell people they are wasting his time (go figure), especially those new to MB's or the forum, but rarely seems to genuinely want to help. Classic bully/troll behavior. Just look at his signature and it says it all. Having said that, I did get a chance to look at my intake and I actually had to do a workaround for that same section of the intake tube. I had a large rubber air intake tube from a cheap aftermarket intake that is about 4 inches long that has worked pretty well. I'll try to snap a picture when the weather allows. There's 6" of snow and the wind chill is -12, so it'll be a day or two before I get a chance to.
Old 11-30-2022, 11:02 AM

1986 300E 3.0
You just want to get some cheap cold air intake that has a rubber flex piece and aluminum tube, like this.
Cold Air Intake Ebay
If the link doesn't work, the search is cold air intake kit in Parts and Accessories price between $15-20 : That will give you about 30-40 results. Narrow it down from there for color and size by just looking at seller's other items for sale. Not recommending this particular seller or anything, just wanted to show you what you need.
Any kind will do, since you just want about 6" of the aluminum tube, a clamp and the rubber piece. Double check what diameter your intake opening at the air cleaner is, so that you buy an intake with the right size aluminum tube that slides in snugly. I had this laying around, so can't tell you exactly what size it was. I just need the one clamp for the aluminum piece to the plastic part attached to the air cleaner housing. It makes it pretty easy to remove and re-install the air cleaner with the rubber piece, without having to unscrew anything. Cut the aluminum tubing with a hacksaw blade. It is very thin, so it's really easy. Maybe 2 minutes max to cut it. I used a piece right where it is starting to curve, so it lined up really well with the frame mounted scoop. Figured I'd get around to finding the "proper" piece, but this makes taking the air cleaner on and off so easy, because I was constantly removing the air cleaner when I was tweaking my throttle cable for better pedal response, that I just decided to keep it this way. The rubber piece fits snugly, so no hot air from the engine bay and no tools needed to pop off the air cleaner. I'll admit that it's not the prettiest setup, but much better than tape and shredded plastic like yours. Mine was shredded, like yours, when I bought it, so no shame there. Just old plastic that deteriorated with age and the harsh underhood conditions. I've had it this way for going on 3 years without an issue. Hope all this helps. I'd recommend getting a K&N air filter for it while you're at it.

Last edited by DiJiTiLEnt; 11-30-2022 at 11:06 AM.