E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Have anyone tried this device ? VF2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
Have anyone tried this device ? VF2

With more red light camera scheduled to be installed near my home, time to look for a way to deal with them.

With radar, my Valentine-One have saved me plenty of time & money. I would probably even lose ....walking license had I not used the V1. I also found that with the best stuff like the V1, even you don't need them anymore, you can re-sell them at very little lost (latest model V1 still go on eBay for $350 or more). Most other radar detector take a great depreciation in value once used. Anyway, money well spent for the V1.

Too bad that Valentine doesn't make anything for red light camera. Most of the stuff out there like spray-on or block shield are junk, and don't work (especially now with the inversve image technology that most red light (digital) camera use), not to mention that they attract cop attention (stupid/ugly license shield), or charge you $20-40 for that crap hair sray like with fake hope. The only thing that I found out there is the VF1 or VF2 Camera Jammer. At $350 they're a bit stiff, but at $380 per red light ticket, the price seem okey. I've seen this technology worked in the defense industry long back, w/ great success, so I don't doubt its effectiveness much. However, since they're not as popular, I wonder if anyone here have used or know anyone that use it.

My other concern is the device have to be mounted outside the car, could be stolen. Can hide them like my V1.
Old 12-25-2005, 11:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 E-430 4-Matic
Smile

Why don't you just stop at red lights? It not only works, it's also a lot safer!!
Old 12-28-2005, 02:08 PM

2012 E350 4matic/97 e320 and 01 ml320
Originally Posted by livetodrive
Why don't you just stop at red lights? It not only works, it's also a lot safer!!
Easy killer....$h#t happens sometimes...
Old 12-28-2005, 09:39 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CL 600
I am going to have to go out on a limb and agree....
Old 12-28-2005, 09:53 PM
ON PROBATION

Red-light runners are one of my personal pet peeves.......
And if it's for that once in ten years "sh^t happens" event? You don't need to spend $400 protecting yourself from being caught(!)
Old 12-29-2005, 02:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I don't think any of us here want to, or have any intention, of running red light, it's stupid and dangerous. Just as with radar detector, or event car insurance, you buy it, but hope that you never get into situation where you need it. Just remmember, buying these device doesn't give you a right to run redlight, just as buying car insurance doesn't give you a right to ramp other car. It's an "insurance", just in case !!!.

Do you always drive at 65mph or slower ? (obey speed limit absolutely), if so, then you have a case to preach. If not, I think you're talking out of your ear. Some of the camera here are like ATM for city to crank out cash:

1. Speed camera & photo (on mobile van, parking along interstate highway, especially that famous route 66 Hwy). Sometime, 5mph over the posted limit, and you get nail, btw, and unlike cop, these camera mobile van don't miss out any. How would you feel if anytime you go even few miles over the speed limit, a cop pull you over and give you a ticket ? EVERY TIME ?

2. Some of the city in SoCal (notorious in West LA like West Hollywood, Culver, or in OC like Garden Grove, Santa Ana), the camera nail you if by the time your front wheel hit the line on the other side of the road, and the light turn red). And some of the intersection have 6-8 lanes across (3 each side, 2 tuning lanes), and some of the yellow light here is barely enough for the car to cross these road. Most cop around here won't give you citation if the light turn red and your car almost pass the road, but not the camera, not to mention when the light turn yellow while you're crossing, you don't have much control on how fast the guy in front of you are going !!!. Lot of lawsuit here, but unless you spend good chunk of $$ to get a high power laywer, you don't stand a chance ?

So before you going w/ "don't run the light" preaching, why don't you come here and drive around a week in Culver city, shouldn't take you long to get nailed, or see light flash at intersection, most of the time, it's not after people running red light (they deserve ticket), but at those who can't make it pass the yellow light.

At lot of east coast state, camera ticket is only $40-60/each, and no point. Not a problem, except some lunch cash going to the city. But here, at $380/camera ticket + 1 point (4 points in 2 year, and you'll walk instead of drive), anything that could cover your back, in one of those unfortunate time, is probably worth it.

Last edited by zam2000; 12-29-2005 at 02:51 AM.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:00 AM
C-2

98 E320
Why not get a MIRT so you'll never encounter a red light again?

Not every city has MIRT equipped lights, but many in OC do. City of Los Angeles sux.

You can hide it in the car, in fact I'm told it fits rather snug between the passenger seat headrest/seat.

Old 12-29-2005, 10:18 AM

2007 E550
I wonder if there is a device to disable the camera equiped traffic lights when you run a red light?
Old 12-29-2005, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by TruE320Ridah14
I wonder if there is a device to disable the camera equiped traffic lights when you run a red light?
Well, the MIRT does pretty much that. But it's so illegal & dangerous, cop and DA would waste no time to put you in jail if they found out that you're using it. There would be no fix-it ticket in this case.

Using MIRT can easily cause lot of severe accidents at red light, since it changes the light pattern abruptely, and people can't react quick enough. Imaging seeing the light just turn green, so you're going straight, all of the sudden, yellow, then red, without any sight or sound of paramedic truck. Either you will ramp into car in front of you, or you'll be ramped.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:18 AM
ON PROBATION

Using an MIRT in an unauthorized manner will get you in serious doggy-doo.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:00 AM
C-2

98 E320
I love threads where people ask for ways to break the law - only to be told something is illegal.

*DUH!*

If you want a low tech solution to your high tech question the answer is simple. Paper plates. Have your regular plates, but tell an officer you choose to display paper plates due to the high crime rate in your hood, where theft of tags is common. He'll write you for a fix it ticket- which is well, easily fixed since you already have plates. Not only will you avoid red light tickets - but you can also ride in the fasttrack for FREE.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You're so full of it !!. I think paper plate probably work in Riverside, the wild wild west, and even real license plate get stolen all the time.

If you can't tell the difference between a device that help to avoid pix taken, and a device that manipulate red light cycle, may be you should walk.

Btw, disable 4 of your 6 cylinders, so that you never drive faster than 65mph, Mr law-abiding.

Originally Posted by C-2
I love threads where people ask for ways to break the law - only to be told something is illegal.

Last edited by zam2000; 12-30-2005 at 11:49 AM.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:04 PM
C-2

98 E320
Originally Posted by zam2000
You're so full of it !!. I think paper plate probably work in Riverside, the wild wild west, and even real license plate get stolen all the time.

If you can't tell the difference between a device that help to avoid pix taken, and a device that manipulate red light cycle, may be you should walk.

Btw, disable 4 of your 6 cylinders, so that you never drive faster than 65mph, Mr law-abiding.
Why am I full of it? I offered a suggestion, adding to your discussion.

We all know use of a MIRT is illegal, just like the use of a Radar Detector and any device to disable a camera used to enforce traffic laws.

Maybe I should walk? Gimmie a break. In case you have not noticed, people have different opinions and views - none of them any more valuable than the other persons.

Don't get all postal on me, no need to talk an area down - that's just lame.

Truth is, paper plates work - no matter your location. And for your cylinder trick - I had the mechanic do that years ago which explains my violation free driving record for the past 13 years.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:32 AM

Does the red light camera take a picture of the front or the back of your cars? We don't have them here in Boston that I know of but we also don't require a license plate on the front of the car... Seems like that would help me as I'd think the picture would need to include the drivers face from teh front.