E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Keyless entry trouble (Help!!!!!!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes E320
Keyless entry trouble (Help!!!!!!)

For some reason, the keyless entry to my car quit working. I thought it was my remote at first but I tried my second remote and it's not working either. Is there a fuse or something that controls this? I want try and fix this myself before I take it back to the MB dealer. I've just spent $700 getting them to repair other problems. Thanks for any advice......
Old 01-27-2006, 07:15 AM

'97 E320
Try re-synchronizing the keys. The instructions for this are in the manual (sorry I don't remember the steps). If the batteries in your remotes are dead, you'll need to change them (dealer can do it for less than 10$), then re-synchronize.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-28-2006, 10:25 AM

Mercedes E320
Doesn't work:

I tried to resync the keys but it doesn't work. My keys are working because I can see the little infrared light when I press the button. Is there anything else that could cause this problem?
Old 04-11-2006, 06:42 PM

07 S550 4matic
I have the same prob with my W220. lights work on keys, dealer tried all the easy quick fixes. finally put it on the diagnostic machine, and it says problem with EIS. they want 1400 to replace it!!!

im kinda thinking the dealer is 'ing me. any progress with your problem??? do you know where the sensor is located for the keyless entry???
Old 04-11-2006, 07:05 PM

Mercedes E320
No luck on keyless entry

I took my car to the MB dealership and they told me they would have to run some tests on it and they could do it that day, so I left and never went back. I wonder if there is a fuse or something that needs to be replaced. The sensors are on my rear view mirror. Could it be a fuse or something in there?
Old 04-11-2006, 07:17 PM

07 S550 4matic
i know that he radio antenna is there on alot of cars, but i dunno about this one. i just wanna know where the connections are for the sensor. I asked for a printout of the diagnostics, but they didn't have it and wan't me to come back tomorrow to get it.

Im just mad they are tellin me its the EIS and it'll cost 1400 dollers. if that were the case, why am i able to get into the car and start it and everything. wouldn't the alarm go off if the key could not be recognized by the EIS like other it has on other peoples cars? im starting to hate mercedes. i dunno if i want my dad to ever get another one. its his 4th S class, and they are always such problems. and the newer it gets, the worse they get!!!! the worst problem i have with my 03 accord is maybe a rattle or something. this thing is just a bottomless pit!!
Old 04-12-2006, 12:11 AM

1997 C36AMG
make sure u have the code for the radio and reset the computer. to do this simply unplug the battery located under the backseats, unplug both terminals for a total of one hour. and the alarm should work again. to get in the car u will have to use the key and open it for the passenger front door, let me know how goes.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:08 AM

07 S550 4matic
Originally Posted by Z06EATER
make sure u have the code for the radio and reset the computer. to do this simply unplug the battery located under the backseats, unplug both terminals for a total of one hour. and the alarm should work again. to get in the car u will have to use the key and open it for the passenger front door, let me know how goes.
well, i kinda tried that already, but ill give it another shot for a long time.

ps. alarm isn't problem, keyless entry is. and battery is located in trunk on passenger side. is there another one i should know about under the back seats??????