E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Drift the W210?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2007 | 02:51 PM

2010 E350 Luxury with Sport wheels
Smile E320 is easy to drift, IMO

Just got back from having a set of Contis mounted on my E320--burned up the rear tires autocrossing.

I have a dedicated groundpounding autocrosser, but it's waiting for some work, so I ran the E320 as it was better than nothing.

I expected it to be an understeering pig, but it wasn't. Tendency was slight oversteer with neutral throttle, and lots of oversteer with more throttle. Was easy to control--just lost it once, and stayed in throttle so I could finish the 360 and stay on course.

Got 6 runs, and I "played" on 3 of them with lots of drifting. They were of course my slowest runs, but were fun. Had lots of people commenting on how "fast" the MB was...that was just an illusion. But I did learn it would drift and drift and drift.

This was on old street tires, in the stock size. Sticky rubber and it wouldn't have drifted so easily.
Old 04-03-2007 | 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML320, Looking for my S4
Originally Posted by urHoneyinmy420
yeah i know where grand central park is. thats the other side of forest hills closer to corona right? anyway i would like to see you drift with the 210.
well , give me a call some time. chances are you prob already saw my car.
Old 04-03-2007 | 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML320, Looking for my S4
Originally Posted by Bill-Sims
Just got back from having a set of Contis mounted on my E320--burned up the rear tires autocrossing.

I have a dedicated groundpounding autocrosser, but it's waiting for some work, so I ran the E320 as it was better than nothing.

I expected it to be an understeering pig, but it wasn't. Tendency was slight oversteer with neutral throttle, and lots of oversteer with more throttle. Was easy to control--just lost it once, and stayed in throttle so I could finish the 360 and stay on course.

Got 6 runs, and I "played" on 3 of them with lots of drifting. They were of course my slowest runs, but were fun. Had lots of people commenting on how "fast" the MB was...that was just an illusion. But I did learn it would drift and drift and drift.

This was on old street tires, in the stock size. Sticky rubber and it wouldn't have drifted so easily.
shocking aint it