E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Fuel Gauge issue...? on plugs/wires change?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 07:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Fuel Gauge issue...? on plugs/wires change?

To All,

New member with 'new', used 2000 E320 sedan (only a 2-matic). Anyway the car has 66k and services just prior to pick-up. Great car for the money we paid, and our first MB - very impressed so far.

The minor issue is the fuel gauge does not go to the top when full. Will this affect the computer calcs (distance to empty, fuel economy, etc) Does anyone know if this can be remedied by disconnecting and grounding the fuel sending unit? If so, can anyone tell me where the unit is? On my old car it was built into the tank and accessed from the trunk.

Also, while I am asking questions - seems to have a slightly rough idle, at idle. Is it too early to change the plugs and wires? If not now I will in 30k miles anyway - just wandering if I might as well do it now? Or is it just money down the drain? Will it help fuel economy?

Thanks to all in advance.

Brian

Thanks to all.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
300E a couple 1994 w124wagon E320 Wagon/,1971MGB Track/Rally, MG Midget Autocross ,2000 E320 wagon.
Check

the motor mounts,worn ,leaking,collapsed?could be the cause of the vibration at idle.If fine run a can of techron injector thru the tank to clean the injectors.Plugs have plenty to go,check that all the wires are firmly pushed onto the plugs.Check that the harmonic balancer recall is done(a failing one can cause a vibration,a failed one can take out the front end of the motor) if your car was one of the suspect models.Change the trans fluid and filter,diy on benzworld.org w210 forum diy...
ohlord
"GOT CODES?"
And don't ever take the car into a shop,without checking here first!!!!!!!!You will find out why the first time you save hundreds of dollars,by having the foresight to check here first.