E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

More Power

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 04:34 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 E430
woohoo!

Originally Posted by zam2000
1. Yes, look like that's the one. I bought mine from performance auto part, if you search around on the forum, you'll see reference to it. It allows for better air flow, and don't seem to have much oil problem as the K&N. Some people like K&N more though

2. I had mine done by Upsolute, a company based in Europe. The performance gain is quite noticable at the low end rpm (grunt). Their customer services is horrible, however. I would recommend PowerChip, very professional customer service. Price was in the $400 range couple years ago, don't know now. I don't think it affect the emission or anything else at all.

3. What the ECU programming is that it help the torque and horse power curve, instead of gaining in tq/hp, so acceleration & passing seem to come from larger engine. Absolute gain in torque/hp is usually not much with normal engine when you do ECU tuning, unless your car is turbo or super charge. Suprisingly, gas mileage seem to be better for me, I gain around 2 mpg with majority freeway driving, like I said, because of better power at lower rpm & crusing.
Right on. Thanks for the info!!

For those who might be interested - here's what the website says (for E430):

http://www.powerchipgroup.com/index.asp

Your Mercedes-Benz E430 4.3 utilizes a Surface Mount Chip (SMT) – a very sophisticated and powerful memory device which is fitted to many late model (post 1996) vehicles. Because of its complexity, the SMT style chip must be 'flash' programmed in the same way as the dealership (don't worry - we do this for you when we recieve your ECU), similarly to when servicing the vehicle. The ECU itself is very easy to remove, and should be sent overnight to be modified at Powerchip and then return overnight to you (we use FedEx Priority Overnight Service). Detailed instructions (including photos) are also provided to ensure the ECU can be removed easily from the vehicle. Once complete, and re-installed into the vehicle, you are back on the road to enjoy your enhanced performance – as soon as possible.

In standard form, the E430 4.3 produces 275 hp and 295 lb.-ft.

Powerchip has a range of chips to suit your car, which can increase it's power to between 294 hp and 299 hp, and it's torque to between 312 lb.-ft and 318 lb.-ft.

The price of the Powerchip is USD $690.00.

BUMMER: NOT CARB compliant!!

Below is the estimated performance based on use of 91 octane fuel:

Last edited by naganthunter; 01-15-2008 at 04:49 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML320, Looking for my S4
Christ, I have not been on and everyone is all over my back. Do you people not have lives of your own or is it more fun to challenge the 18 year old who can afford to spend 20K and still not worry about the impending recession.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:41 PM

1998 E320 Wagon
Originally Posted by TommyGunn
Christ, I have not been on and everyone is all over my back. Do you people not have lives of your own or is it more fun to challenge the 18 year old who can afford to spend 20K and still not worry about the impending recession.
Well It is highly questionable that you can do that either since you can not even get out to send the part you promised with my money still in your hands! What happened to that? When you pull crap like taking people's money for a part and then never send the part, that is called fraud.

And you wonder why people get on your back for whatever reason.

Hey militant grunt, why don't you ask Tommy-poo why he steals peoples money?
Old 01-20-2008, 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML320, Looking for my S4
Originally Posted by TNTRower
Well It is highly questionable that you can do that either since you can not even get out to send the part you promised with my money still in your hands! What happened to that? When you pull crap like taking people's money for a part and then never send the part, that is called fraud.

And you wonder why people get on your back for whatever reason.

Hey militant grunt, why don't you ask Tommy-poo why he steals peoples money?
simple because when i said i'd send out your part and include a refund and you go and take the money outa my account i see no point in PAYING you to take the part.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
300E a couple 1994 w124wagon E320 Wagon/,1971MGB Track/Rally, MG Midget Autocross ,2000 E320 wagon.
Huh?

now peeps have access to your account?Or is this more of your convoluted tommyspeak?It's always something with you tommyboy.Just once own up to the issue at hand and drop the sob story
ohlord
Old 01-20-2008, 11:03 PM

1998 E320 Wagon
Hey Tommy why don't you read the e-mail that Pay Pal sent you. If there is no money in the account they can't take it from you. I never got any money from Pay Pal. Besides, you said the account was a friend's account. So which is it? Are you lying about whose account it is or are you lying about returning the money? Either way, shame on me for actually thinking that you would do what you say.

Again, you probably wonder why wherever you go people never give you a fair go of it. Here is a hint, don't take people's money for a part you say you will send out, not send the part, and then get mad at the person for turning your fraud-a$$ over to Pay pal.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:13 PM

1998 E320 Wagon
Another thing there Tommy, if you are so smart and so good with money, how could someone get around Pay Pal to take your money? I still have not gotten my money back or part. You might think that this is all pretty ridiculous over $27 but it is just indicative of what kind of person you are. You claim to be this wealthy man who does not have to worry about dropping $20k into a car with the economy turning bad. So then why would you steal $27 from a fellow Benz enthusiast?

The answer is you are a poser!

Posers always talk big, they have to. It is a coping mechanism. Posers always talk about what they have or what they can do. People who know what is important actually go and do it. 18 and wealthy there Tommy boy? It is either illegally recieved or from your rich daddy. Either way it isn't really yours. You didn't earn it.

I am glad that TOOLS such as yourself keep buying cars and wrecking them. I just pray that you don't hurt someone else the next time you decide to race someone down the Van Wyck.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300E a couple 1994 w124wagon E320 Wagon/,1971MGB Track/Rally, MG Midget Autocross ,2000 E320 wagon.
Amen

to that Brother.
ohlord
Old 01-21-2008, 01:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 165 Likes on 150 Posts
99 E320
dejavu....
Old 01-21-2008, 04:28 AM

1998 E320
Originally Posted by raymond g-
yep... second scam of tommygun yeah?

Seriously. Ban him already FOR GOOD. We don't need this anymore. Yes, he has been quite amusing, but this is ridiculous. Are we going to let him keep doing this?
Old 01-21-2008, 09:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML320, Looking for my S4
It is a friends account, when he tells me he sent you X amount of money i said F you.

Buying cars and wrecking them....? Yes, being hit on your drive home is considered my fault, even in the police report it says iot was a hit&run
Old 01-21-2008, 10:31 AM
Almost a Member!

1997 Mercedes Benz E420
Head shaking time...

TG: I have seen posts about this transaction on two on-line forums, and I am sure you have as well. For small amount of money we are talking about here, you would have been wise to clear the matter up, instead of telling people "F you"...

Though your comments do bring up an interesting question... Why are you using a "friend's account" for your PayPal transactions? Is it that a man of means like you does not even have a bank account, or that you cannot even meet the minimal standards required to get a PayPal verified account? Also, in your responses you have said both "my account" and a "friend's account" which is it?

Form the perspective of an uninvolved observer, something smells really fishy here...

JR
Old 01-21-2008, 11:12 AM

1998 E320 Wagon
Why Ban?

Nah don't ban this TOOL. HE serves a purpose. That is for everyone to understand that there really are people out there who are full of BS. On top of that, flaming on a total TOOL like this gets the agravation out. All in all this is very harmless, but man, putting the TommyTOOL's dirty laundry out for everyone to see is very satisfying. Everytime he posts it is just another opportunity for people to get a reality check.

TommyTOOL is his new name in my book. Just like a tool he does serve a purpose. Helping to keep people aware that the BS in this world flows thick. Dropping insane amounts of money on his Whip and he can't send a few bucks to the forum administrators to become a paying member. Typical of the selfless behaviour and genersosity that is so commonly displayed by people who are TOOLS! I bet he parks his car taking up 2 spaces, with one of them being the handicapped spot. Are you into drowning puppies and kittens too?

Man...what a freakin child. I heard that TommyTOOL likes to bite the head off of newborn hamsters.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:35 PM

1997 E320
I personally think Audi's are just pretty pieces of ****. Ever tried to change a thermostat and water pump on one of those? you have to take apart the whole front bumper, take radiator out, take timing belt out so you can get to the stupid water pump. that is just plain garbage engineering. Someone in the right mind would just be like are you F'ing serious?

don't forget you can get so much F'ing horse power out of a tin can honda too. it's the same idea with a stupid audi. of course you would get offended if you couldn't afford a real car like Mercedes or BMW and you had to settle down with an audi.

And I don't doubt you could get, who knows, 1000 horses out of your tracktor engine (lol). but you know what is going to bite you? the stupid timing belt. it will wear out and break and you're toast. look at a mercedes engine and you'll see there is no timing belt, it's a chain that hardly ever needs any maintenance. now that's engineering. That's design to prevent unnecessary work.

I'm sure I could get 600 horses out of my pos honda that i drive to work if I stuck a bunch of F'ing turbos and **** on it. But the truth is as some one said it's like slapping lipstick on a monkey. Actually i think if i had to buy a car right now i'd pick honda before an Audi.

It's true they have desinged the Veyron but you know that car costs them $3 million to make and only sells for $1M? That's what I call marketing.

Get real you little 18 year old who's voice is probably just cracking. why don't you grow up a little and learn about living with style. Learn about genuine engieering as opposed to economy engineering.
From reading your posts you sound like one of those asian car ricers who will give an arm to prove they have so much power on their hondas. well you know what? great you have 5,000,000 horses on your pos audi. but you know what the reality is? it's an audi. from what I've seen so far it is a high cost, high maintenance, low quality car. do you have reinforcement bars in your doors? the answer is NO. point made.

Don't ever walk in on a Mercedes forum with your piece of junk audi and diss on mercedes, the most recognized car in the world.
of course you're ignorant because in your little brain you consider traveling to a different state an oversea trip. You would know much much more if you only stepped out of your bubble and saw how universal Mercedes is. It is the most popular car all over Europe, Africa, Asia and the Americas.

You're only fascinated by Audi because you can rice it out with like $500.

Why don't you try this you geek. Get laid, learn a little about style and quality, get some nice clothes instead of your hoddie sweatshirt, baggy jeans and skater shoes, get rid of that beatles hair cut, learn a little about reputation and what is real. Because with your BS you are not convinsing anyone here or a mercedes owner that a POS audi is better than a mercedes. take your ricer garbage to your high school friends and I suggest you try to get laid instead of jizzing over stupid ricer ****.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
easy fella.

1. waterpumps do not fail very often. In fact, since water pump changes are done with the timing belt, im sure audi has planned for at least a 60k lifecycle for the water pump. In my years as an audi owner, i had no problems with the water pump, nor did I see any others who did.

2. a timing belt, while an annoying maintenance item, is used to reduce valvetrain vibration. Cars that use timing belts are some of the most exotic in the world, such as the f355, the f360, the 512 maranello, the F40, etc etc.

3. Mercedes engineers have some pretty goofy gotchas as well. Lets talk about 210 window regulators, headgaskets on the m104 (i think thats the model designation), motor mounts that leak their fluid after 50k miles, etc.

4. Saying that someone bought and audi because they couldn't afford an MB in a 210 forum is ridiculous. You can get a pretty nice 210 for 10k. The S4 is typically more expensive.

While I agree that Tommygunn is a big tool, I would cool it with all the audi bashing.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yeah

calm down a notch
If he ever gets his pastel blue stage3 ricer s4 let him be the one who is the Audi basherLike into a wall man.But hey he can afford it,what with all his money from being a child star on t.v. in china and all his various financial ventures
Old 01-21-2008, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 165 Likes on 150 Posts
99 E320
Tommygunn, this is very very uncool. You may feel the need to vacillate,
embellish, or flat out lie about the accouterments on your car. But to
repeatedly cheat other board member(s) is wrong.

It's WRONG !!

Taking someone's money, not sending the item, then refusing to accept
responsibility by shifting blame to someone else .....some friend, some
imagined account, shipping, lost tracking slip, failure to purchase insurance,
etc etc is low.

Man, just process a refund. Your credibility [sic] isn't worth all this hassle
and bickering. As-is, everytime you post, the finger pointing will follow.
Warnings not to do business with Tommygunn will permeate the forums.
Hmmm, I think TNTRower should do just that on the CLASSIFIEDS right now
just to warn cross-forums.

But.....somehow I don't think that worries or bothers you. I wish it would.
At least it shows a modicum of conscience.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Found

A pic of the mystery motored six banger after it tommy hit the wall and recked it lik a ****

Feel free to substitute Pastel blue Stage 3 S4 when the time comes
Attached Thumbnails More Power-tiny-320.jpg  
Old 01-21-2008, 07:23 PM

1998 E320 Wagon
Smile

Classic! I heard from the police officer who took the report that is more like this guy:

Those Pedicab drivers can be ruthless. I bet TommyTOOL even got flipped off!
Attached Thumbnails More Power-pedicab.jpg  
Old 01-22-2008, 01:29 PM

I own a 1999 W210 Mercedes.
Unhappy

Originally Posted by TommyGunn
nope, threw out all parts except for the gruppe m, who will have a new home in a nogaro blue s4. Persoanly I considered an e55 but I learned from my mistakes. Mercedes are unreliable, and have poor interior quality.
obviously you have never owned an Audi or a VW. No disrespect but VW and Audi are a true deception. They cost just as much to repair like a benz but they break down more often. I speak through experience, and most likely you will regret buying one. Mercedes has much better quality...!
Old 01-22-2008, 02:23 PM

1997 E320
Originally Posted by eXpLiCitW210
obviously you have never owned an Audi or a VW. No disrespect but VW and Audi are a true deception. They cost just as much to repair like a benz but they break down more often. I speak through experience, and most likely you will regret buying one. Mercedes has much better quality...!
Amen brother. I agree with you 100%. It's just sad that some people are so taken by the shiny looks on these cars and completely fallen for their marketing strategies. These cares are like Fords or chevy's of Europe, nothing great, expensive to repair, break down due to being cheap.

The name Mercedes Benz should speak for itself. This is not even worth arguing, they're so fixated on some pretty bubbly car because they can't look from an engineering point of view and see the difference.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ah

but you guys forget.Tommydunn has the mega bucks from being a child star on t.v. in china to cobble together the parts like the( erebuni carbon fiber hood that he bought for 100 bucks, decided it was junk and tries to this day to unload on some poor slump for a hefty profit under another persons name )or the rusted out straight pipe exhaust.So along with his friends ricer speed shop they ought to be able to build a real nice pastel blue audi S4 that without a doubt will be able to hit 200mph plus easy.After all it weighs less then his old benz with the 6banger(hand written chipped) engine,it is already producing according to him over 100 more rwhp then his mystery motored 6 banger
(that did 163mph at jones beach long island)with 220rwhp so why not give him the benefit of the doubt and believe him?
Old 01-22-2008, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by koskesh
Amen brother. I agree with you 100%. It's just sad that some people are so taken by the shiny looks on these cars and completely fallen for their marketing strategies. These cares are like Fords or chevy's of Europe, nothing great, expensive to repair, break down due to being cheap.

The name Mercedes Benz should speak for itself. This is not even worth arguing, they're so fixated on some pretty bubbly car because they can't look from an engineering point of view and see the difference.
take MB's nuts out of your eyes, because your brand loyal non-sense is just ignorant.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:43 PM

I own a 1999 W210 Mercedes.
Talking

Originally Posted by Oliverk
take MB's nuts out of your eyes, because your brand loyal non-sense is just ignorant.
haha oh man Oliverk, i dont get you. Pick a side! lol
Old 01-22-2008, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

He did

pick a side.The very top of the fence
always safe up there ,the worst that can happen is you fall off get tangled upside down hanging from the picket and tear the ligaments in your knee

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: More Power