E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

1996 E320

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1996 E320
1996 E320

Greetings all,

Newbie to the forum and i just purchased a 96 E320 n lovn it, more than my 95 C280 (tho i lover her too lol). Anyways i had a few questions of where i could get some aftermarket upgrades. YES B4 ANY1 YELLS AT ME,,i have searched the forums and most of the sites listed by other members are either no longer up or they no longer carry what im lookn for. For example im lookn for the blinkn folding mirrors for my car.....cant find em anywhere!

But b4 all that, ive been looking at tailights...the previous owner was able to screw up on of the brake likght housing so now the "light adapter" wont fit (the housing was broken) so i want to do the 2000 smoked style tailights. i have been on ebay and seen em for about 79.99-189.99....im a lil skeptic tho just cause i dont wanna buy junk lenses that may potentially cause issuses. I came across this site www.myhotmercedes.com, they seem to have good stuff but i didnt kno if any1 has dealt with them and if they had any issues or how good they product is.

lastely....sorry for the essay lol....has any1 had issues where the rear windows buttons, trunk release button and the doors lock button (also the key does not open all the door locks when u turn it twice) dont wor? are they all connected by a fuse or summthn?

again sorry for the long essay and thanks for your help n reading
Old 04-06-2008, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
300E a couple 1994 w124wagon E320 Wagon/,1971MGB Track/Rally, MG Midget Autocross ,2000 E320 wagon.
They

are all connected to the pse unit.Something is wrong with it or the signal to it.
http://www.performanceproducts4benz....es.aspx?cid=16 for some other tail light options.
others will supply more.
you can buy a new socket from the dealer and r/r it.
go to
www.everythingbenz.com to search for more mod info.
be brief in your search terms....like w210 tail lights or w210 smoked tail lights or E320 tail lights
ohlord
Old 04-09-2008, 11:05 AM

I own a 1999 W210 Mercedes.
Cool

Originally Posted by 4eigngfx
Greetings all,

Newbie to the forum and i just purchased a 96 E320 n lovn it, more than my 95 C280 (tho i lover her too lol). Anyways i had a few questions of where i could get some aftermarket upgrades. YES B4 ANY1 YELLS AT ME,,i have searched the forums and most of the sites listed by other members are either no longer up or they no longer carry what im lookn for. For example im lookn for the blinkn folding mirrors for my car.....cant find em anywhere!

But b4 all that, ive been looking at tailights...the previous owner was able to screw up on of the brake likght housing so now the "light adapter" wont fit (the housing was broken) so i want to do the 2000 smoked style tailights. i have been on ebay and seen em for about 79.99-189.99....im a lil skeptic tho just cause i dont wanna buy junk lenses that may potentially cause issuses. I came across this site www.myhotmercedes.com, they seem to have good stuff but i didnt kno if any1 has dealt with them and if they had any issues or how good they product is.

lastely....sorry for the essay lol....has any1 had issues where the rear windows buttons, trunk release button and the doors lock button (also the key does not open all the door locks when u turn it twice) dont wor? are they all connected by a fuse or summthn?

again sorry for the long essay and thanks for your help n reading
No probelm bout the essay. I bought the E55 replica tailights on ebay and they turned out pretty well with a couple exceptions. They have a great fitment, the only issue that i had was with the contacts where the light bulb piece connects, i had to bend them forward a little bit so they could make good contact. Also for some reason my reverse lights do not work but it does not trigger any defective light alarm...

In a nut shell, they fit and look great but a little mods are needed.

Hope this helped.
-Leo
Old 04-10-2008, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML320, Looking for my S4
I had to use rubberbands to hold in my tail light socket as a temp fix. What you should do is, get the E55 tails off ebay and go to the dealer and buy facelifted sockets