E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Mercedes Benz Killed my RIDE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 E320 Avant turbo diesel
Mercedes Benz Killed my RIDE

Just been hit by EIS / ESL failure

is there any check list I can go through to find a alternate cause for them to not get turned on or loose connection

I have had my Key tested and it is sending the Wireless and Infared...

If I cant get a solution to this with out having to pay the £800+ vat at the dealer Im going to sell the car for what ever I can get and including scraping it and will never be seen in a farking MB again ...
what a waste of a vechile and waste of a persons finacial efforts

**** YOU MERCEDES BENZ I HOPE YOU ROT IN HELL YOU CORPERATE CRIMINAL SCUM

If you own a 320 with keyless go I suggest you sell the time bomb now

Can some one also explain how on god green earth mercedes got away with such a serious and cataclysmic failure with out a recall honestly when some one is dead as a result of not being able to start there car maybe there could be some court case that will force them to retrospectivly recall like the airbag thing.. surely this is the same catagory of failure and should 100% be recalled and fixed by mercedes at cost to mercedes

Sheesh most -normal- people are prepared to put up with their BULL****T to some degree.. of failing MAS, Indicators, Tranys!!, and 10000s different seals and bushes monthly.. but this sort of thing Just does not happen with other manufacturers WHY THE HELL ARE MERC GETTING AWAY WITH IT???

Last edited by ncd20; 08-20-2009 at 12:02 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:22 AM

Any one know where the transponders for the wireless signal is ?? I have had my key tested it is good..
Old 08-20-2009, 11:41 AM

How this doofus of a company aquired such a prestigious nature is a world wide con.

MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE MERCEDES BENZ == WASTE
Old 08-20-2009, 12:24 PM

HEH and if you need more proof - the guy is damn straight its god damn Flippin embarasing these cars are over and cant possibily be maintainend.. mercedes need to recall there disastor ridden sh|t and give unexpecting members of the public a refund of atleast 50% of the purchase price.

"I had an E320, bought in 1999, 18 months old. £28k! Chock a block full of all the toys Merc make, rode like a dream. Best car I'd ever had. 4 years ago problems started and I was spending £2 - £3k a year correcting things. Sent it in to official Merc dealers each time. Air con got regassed and checked, and they said it was ok. After 3 years of intermittant failures they finally replaced a control pcb (another £800) and it worked. Then wiring corroded. Another big bill.

Battery kept going dead after a few weeks of non use. Replaced and checked times at dealers.
Eventually they found a siren fault draining it. It all cost an arm and a leg. By this year I hadnt been able to drive it for more than a few miles a year.

All through this, I loved the car! It was so comfy, spacious, quick and luxurious. My wife refused to go out in it as it kept breaking down and embarrassing her! (It dumped all its fluids in Tescos car park and had to be towed to the garage again). And still I loved it.

I finally got everything working this August. Tyres looking dodgy, suspension iffy. Then the air con broke again. Big bills looming. I had to let my wife have her way and she amputated the car from my grasp.

Finally I am free. Traded it in for a Porsche boxster '03. Wow, I wish I'd done it earlier.
But I still miss the old girl.

Sorry if this waffled on a bit, but I just felt an empathy with another E320 owner who had a car he couldn't drive.

Mike"
Old 08-20-2009, 01:35 PM

#1 Ball Joints
#2 Suspension Bushes + Links
#3 Spring Cups - be it on older models - and they thought they would get away with that one too..
#4 Protection Covers Ripping off and getting damaged not even like there cheap
#5 Fuse arrangements that you might of found in a 1920's ford popular
#5 Tranny made by a fecking dwarf like race from outer mongolia (no TC drain and other top class blundery) + expensive fluid that is hard to get except for £10 a LTR from MB!
#6 Tranny electrics designed by a half wit (AT Connector, Conductor platt, RPM speed sensors etc WASTE!!!!)
#7 Slow inexplicable tip tronic gear changes
#8 hell every sensor is prone to failure in this abomination of a vechile design MAS/MAP/O2 etc
#8.5 Catalytic convertor failure ** time bomb **
#9 Manifold Motor ** still seen no rational reason why the manifold is over engineered like this, other then to go wrong* quote £400 to fix on mine .. fixed with 0.01p coat hanger *time Bomb*
#10 Turbo Seals
#11 Oil leak from Cooler and IC
#12 Flakey Pixels
#13 Indicator stalk failure
#14 Multi function relay - jackass designer strikes again -
#15 Break light bulbs and break switch, and more switchs like nuetral switch - more deliberate failures in my eyes -
#16 Xeons fade and fail
#17 EIS/ESL Keyless Go - Destroys the car and its value to scrap - *time bomb*

no joke Im going to go to work on my car with a sledge hammer before I send it into a scrap yard

Last edited by ncd20; 08-20-2009 at 01:54 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Youngtimer
Originally Posted by ncd20
no joke Im going to go to work on my car with a sledge hammer before I send it into a scrap yard

take pics
Old 08-20-2009, 02:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
09' E320
Don't see a K40 relay on your rant list. Their PCB develops minute cracks which causes intermittent electrical glitches. One of its duties is to provide power to DAS.....MB ought to be able to figure that out if it were the problem though.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:48 PM

TM you always seem to shed a glimor of hope on these issues... but I dont know which relay is the k20 one ... presumably the one inside the fake AC box... heh Fake AC box should also be on the rant list lol
Old 08-24-2009, 04:29 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UniLWgyuYwI

I would kill for this program !!!!!!!

unlock it and break it so it can never lock again

Last edited by ncd20; 08-24-2009 at 04:32 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E300
[QUOTE=ncd20;3677614]Battery kept going dead after a few weeks of non use. Replaced and checked times at dealers.
Eventually they found a siren fault draining it. It all cost an arm and a leg. By this year I hadnt been able to drive it for more than a few miles a year./QUOTE]

Can you elaborate more on this "siren fault". I know there is some sort of a drain on my E also, but I have been unable to pinpoint it to date. Our '99 E300 has virtually ZERO drain on the battery. We've had that car parked in the garage before for a few months, and it fired right up upon first start. My '97 will barely start after only sitting a week. It would be nice to figure this out.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
If you can't afford it, go buy a civic.

What a joke.

personal finance efforts? clearly you are in over your head.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:30 PM

09' E320
Originally Posted by ncd20
TM you always seem to shed a glimor of hope on these issues... but I dont know which relay is the k20 one ... presumably the one inside the fake AC box... heh Fake AC box should also be on the rant list lol
Anger won't fix it.

The K40 relay feeds power to the ECU and numerous sensors and devices. Does what the OVP did on older models.

Its located in the computer box under the hood; front most unit.