E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

read this if you want, i am very upset!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 11:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sean's Sister--
read this if you want, i am very upset!!!

well 2 days ago one of my HID lights went out, either it was the bulbs or ballast.. so i have any extra set that i bought just to throw on something else or to have just in case. Well when i called the shop where i got it from i found out the that law about banning hids went into affect.. i didn't think it would happen but it f**ks up people that have it, means no warrenty, no more hids, i guess you can either get it overseas or outside us but it a pain in the ***!!!so my backup already went into affect and if something else ever came up i'd be looking at weeks and weeks for any replacment parts to arrive from europe.... no disrepect but its all because of old people that they banned it... too bright for them at night-----> then don't drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-12-2003, 01:09 AM

2000 F-150 XLT Sport Crew Cab
Well shi*...I have the stock HID headlights on my car
Old 09-12-2003, 01:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
well good for you, wanna cookie???
not everyone has stock hids... also if anything breaks down on stock hids it'll cost a grip to replace compared to aftermarket stuff
this all means no hids in fog lights, there trying to get rid of supre white lights ,even those cheap aftermarket wanna be xenon lights as well
Old 09-12-2003, 01:39 AM

Originally posted by alexbenz
well good for you, wanna cookie???
not everyone has stock hids... also if anything breaks down on stock hids it'll cost a grip to replace compared to aftermarket stuff
this all means no hids in fog lights, there trying to get rid of supre white lights ,even those cheap aftermarket wanna be xenon lights as well
Whoaa...Slow down buddy...Dont know what got in your paints...I dont know why you are taking it such a bad why, i never ment anything bad by what I said...I'm just saying I have the stock HID's and now they are illegal from the post you stated at the top....If you have a cookie I wouldent mind taking one

You need to calm yourself.

Last edited by Benz; 09-12-2003 at 01:44 AM.
Old 09-12-2003, 01:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
its been a longgggggg day and i guess i took what you said the wrong way, just i hate to deal with s**t on top of everyday life, having that light go out got me stopped my the cops--> then i had to drive almost a hour away to get it fixed or replaced and then the ban....i didn't mean anything from what i wrote just a long day man
Old 09-12-2003, 01:59 AM

its been a longgggggg day and i guess i took what you said the wrong way, just i hate to deal with s**t on top of everyday life, having that light go out got me stopped my the cops--> then i had to drive almost a hour away to get it fixed or replaced and then the ban....i didn't mean anything from what i wrote just a long day man
It's cool....We have all been there with you....If I were in your shoes, I would be in a pissed off mood as well...Feed free to take any anger out on me

I'm sorry to hear all this happend to you and I hope everything works out for the best.
Old 09-12-2003, 02:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
thanks, its all good, just the us takes action on stupid stuff, instead of dealing with important things, they crack down on lights.
like once upon a time when i had a rice rocket they'd always oull me over no matter what, i could be parked and still get a ticket.
but then if a muscle car or a harley drove by making thunder i'd get a ticket for exhust cause its not factory approved, just some things really don't make sense
Old 09-12-2003, 04:59 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Re: read this if you want, i am very upset!!!

i'd be looking at weeks and weeks for any replacment parts to arrive from europe....
..erm...

greetingz,
Old 09-12-2003, 09:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
Re: Re: read this if you want, i am very upset!!!

Originally posted by MBenzNL
..erm...

greetingz,

HELLO, here is our hook up!!! You need to take breather Alex. I'll come down and buy you a beer when I return to LA...
Old 09-12-2003, 11:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chill bros... if all else fails, try ebay.
Old 09-12-2003, 04:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
hmmm, beer
i think is was just the fact that i was in traffic, took a hour to get there and it was hot that i was ticked off
but i see all the options, just stupid to pass a law to ban them
Old 09-15-2003, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
It's okay, we've all been there. I am having a heck of a life this year but I always try and look at the bright side, I have you guys in here to take my mind off of things and talk about our BENZES!!!