E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Possible to align slammed W210?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 03:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1998 E320
Possible to align slammed W210?

Hey everyone, I was wondering what is needed to align a slammed W210. I dealt with some really arrogant guys at a local alignment shop that laughed when I asked them if I could do anything to adjust camber at all. I really want a proper alignment so I stop shredding through my tires.

With me being impatient, I ended up getting work done by these guys, who didn't tell me until they were already working on my car that camber couldn't be adjusted. Below are the specs they gave me, showing me that they basically did nothing.

Alignment by fbaladad, on Flickr

I understand that there are eccentric bolts I can use for the fronts, but is there any other way to get them close to reasonable specs? Also, I will be buying rear camber arms from ghostrider here on the forums
Old 01-05-2014, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E220 W210
You have to buy eccentric bolts for the frontend. No way around it as far as I can see....
It's what I did in the end anyways!

It may not even be enough for your car though, proper slammed.... But you'll have to try!

Adjustable camber-arms in the rearend is the way to go aswell. The toe-in is adjustable but if the car is low enough the adjustment wont be enough... So you'll have to buy adjustable camber-arms if you are out of luck! hehe =)
Old 01-06-2014, 01:15 AM

1998 E320
Originally Posted by skj0lsvik
You have to buy eccentric bolts for the frontend. No way around it as far as I can see....
It's what I did in the end anyways!

It may not even be enough for your car though, proper slammed.... But you'll have to try!

Adjustable camber-arms in the rearend is the way to go aswell. The toe-in is adjustable but if the car is low enough the adjustment wont be enough... So you'll have to buy adjustable camber-arms if you are out of luck! hehe =)
I just hope the eccentric bolts can help me even the camber out a little bit! I don't want the fronts to have more camber than the rears. lol

And I'm actually in the process of buying a pair of rear camber arms. I'll let you guys know when it all comes together
Old 01-06-2014, 03:42 AM
SPONSOR

Received 145 Likes on 115 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
YES YOU CAN FIX IT RIGHT THE 1ST TIME (BOTH FRONT AND REAR) WITH K-MAC

Ex-factory there is only front and rear Toe adjustment for virtually all Mercedes 1968 to current models.

We saw the need therefore to manufacture precisely adjustable front Camber and Caster bushing kits with twice the adjustment range of these basic one setting offset bolts.

Then for the rear Camber adjuster kits that unlike upper adjustable arms do not move the top of the tire outwards when adjusting to resolve premature inner edge wear which is an important factor to prevent tires scuffing out fenders if wide profile tires/rims fitted.

Other advantage with K-MAC rear kits - unlike spherical bearings used in these upper arms kits, there is no harsh metal to metal contact and 20 years of proven design - there's certainly no squeaks.

Also all K-MAC rear Camber adjusters include extra Toe adjustment which is essential to compensate accurately for the new Camber facility.

The K-MAC patented design front kits replace the 4 main suspension bushes - the unique design doubles the load bearing area thereby increasing wear life and also steering and braking response.

Similar design is used for the 4 main rear K-MAC bushings.

Result is precise single wrench front and rear (ongoing) adjustment to return vehicle to factory specs to improve traction and resolve costly inner edge tire wear through altering height, fitting wide profile tires, load carrying, curb knock damage and/or the advantage of being able to alter specs on track days.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
1996 E320, 2018 Ducati Panigale V4S, 2012 1199 Panigale
The worst specs on my alignment were toe. Was scary to drive. A combination of the bad toe and worn rear subframe bushings was really scary, especially in the rain.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2001 E430
I was just gonna mention Kmac but I see they already posted.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:24 PM

1998 E320
Originally Posted by K-Mac
YES YOU CAN FIX IT RIGHT THE 1ST TIME (BOTH FRONT AND REAR) WITH K-MAC

Ex-factory there is only front and rear Toe adjustment for virtually all Mercedes 1968 to current models.

We saw the need therefore to manufacture precisely adjustable front Camber and Caster bushing kits with twice the adjustment range of these basic one setting offset bolts.

Then for the rear Camber adjuster kits that unlike upper adjustable arms do not move the top of the tire outwards when adjusting to resolve premature inner edge wear which is an important factor to prevent tires scuffing out fenders if wide profile tires/rims fitted.

Other advantage with K-MAC rear kits - unlike spherical bearings used in these upper arms kits, there is no harsh metal to metal contact and 20 years of proven design - there's certainly no squeaks.

Also all K-MAC rear Camber adjusters include extra Toe adjustment which is essential to compensate accurately for the new Camber facility.

The K-MAC patented design front kits replace the 4 main suspension bushes - the unique design doubles the load bearing area thereby increasing wear life and also steering and braking response.

Similar design is used for the 4 main rear K-MAC bushings.

Result is precise single wrench front and rear (ongoing) adjustment to return vehicle to factory specs to improve traction and resolve costly inner edge tire wear through altering height, fitting wide profile tires, load carrying, curb knock damage and/or the advantage of being able to alter specs on track days.
Originally Posted by suicidal4life
I was just gonna mention Kmac but I see they already posted.
I've heard a lot of good things about K-mac, but I was just wondering how the price would be for all four corners.

Originally Posted by FlatlineEF9
The worst specs on my alignment were toe. Was scary to drive. A combination of the bad toe and worn rear subframe bushings was really scary, especially in the rain.
How bad was your toe? I thought mine was horrible until they handed me the results.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
1996 E320, 2018 Ducati Panigale V4S, 2012 1199 Panigale
it was like 1.6 degrees off in the rear...scary feeling lol.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1998 W210 E320 / 1997 W210 E300
Info I needed.... Thanks everyone for posting.