E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Bulb for rear license plate.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1998 Mercedes e320
Question Bulb for rear license plate.

Anyone know what the part number is for the tag lights?
Screws are seized on the holder, car is at the body shop (lady slid into the back of the car, minor damage to bumper cover and a small dent next to the star and tag light holder area), and I need to get new tag lights (one is burnt out) ordered so they can be replaced while he has it apart.
I am just interested in the stock bulbs unless someone convinces me otherwise. Searched and didn't get much info, so I am asking. Thanks ahead of time for any help!
Old 01-24-2014, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 171 Likes on 155 Posts
99 E320
http://www.sylvania.com/en-us/applic...s/lrgmain.aspx
Old 01-24-2014, 11:55 PM

1998 Mercedes e320
Thanks raymond!
Old 01-25-2014, 01:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 171 Likes on 155 Posts
99 E320
de nada. for some reason, I liked the whiter glow and after 8 yrs of being satisfied
with regular incandescent bulb, switched to LED and really like it. still running
with the original pair after 2 yrs with no CANBUS error
Old 01-27-2014, 08:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
1996 E320, 2018 Ducati Panigale V4S, 2012 1199 Panigale
Originally Posted by raymond g-
de nada. for some reason, I liked the whiter glow and after 8 yrs of being satisfied
with regular incandescent bulb, switched to LED and really like it. still running
I was running LEDs but then I figured, why make it easier for people/police to see my licence plate. lol. Back to the dim lights now.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:43 AM

2001 E 430
Originally Posted by raymond g-
Hey Raymond! Im brand new to this site just got my 16 year old daughter a 2001 E 430 with 89,000 miles (came down to this MB or a 04? VWBug) I cant fault her choice as I would of made the same! Just now im going over everything this car needs and I saw some of your replies to others posts and you seem to know your stuff! So if you don't mind im going to shoot you my questions if you can help great if not no problem. (1) Her fog lights (H1) non sport did not work from day one, When I went to install new pair I noticed the bulb was stuck and I had to use vice grips and needle nose even then no luck on getting them out only broke bulbs and found they were melted and burned with no chance of ever coming out!! so I cut the socket out by snipping the two wires! Thinking I would find what I needed at the local parts store? Found a H1 socket but it only had one pigtail? will this work and if so how? I cut two wires on the car? (2) I replaced all 0EM inner bulbs and L/P with Sylvania LEDS with no resistors or canbus??? will this be alright or will it be a problem down the road? (Last) The rear deck speakers/Subs are blown and she has the ''Comand?'' would my best bet be just find some Bose speakers at the salvage yard for $100 or so and let her use the factory HU? the nav works but just an arrow on sketchy hit and miss maps? I have two sets of new MB quartz 51/4 0r 61/2 (cant remember) and my old alpine in dash DVD/NAV double din even if the speakers wont fit will the Alpine HU work (easily?) Sorry for all these questions I just don't have a lot of faith in my local parts store staff When I went in for the fog lights (H1) and asked if they had a pair in stock the kid told me (H1) would not work because the H stood for Headlight I needed one that started with a (F) for fog!
Old 02-20-2014, 01:05 PM

1998 Mercedes e320
WCK9, not to answer any of your questions, but have you tried youtube? Not sure you will find your specific info there, but a lot of good info and how-to's on that site, I have found a lot of useful info there.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:37 PM

2001 E 430
Thanks!

Originally Posted by barn9
WCK9, not to answer any of your questions, but have you tried youtube? Not sure you will find your specific info there, but a lot of good info and how-to's on that site, I have found a lot of useful info there.
Thanks for your reply! I have tried YT with good results on other cars but no luck on this one! I will now introduce myself like I should have in the first place and hope someone has been in my place and can give me some advice!
Old 02-25-2014, 01:07 AM

2001 E 430
Plate light

Originally Posted by barn9
Im sure you have gotten your car out of the shop by now but if it helps i put all new LEDS on my daughters car the Plate lights are 6418 i used the sylvania LED style they sell at most auto stores! Same bulb for courtesy lights under doors and 6411 for dome front and back glove box and map light i think is 194 but could be wrong? The fogs are still not fixed so i dont know if the sylvanias will cause an error but they are much brighter and look better imo. Also not sure if your car is same as what my daughter has or not this is the first MB i have ever tried messing with!