E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Carbon fiber door pillars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 07:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carbon fiber door pillars

Need some help here. My car was broken into last Thursday night. My driver's side rear door window was busted and my beloved cd player was stolen. The wood trim panel is all scratched up, and the black door pillar was bent out of shape. Since the door pillar was fading, I thought maybe I should just change to the carbon fiber door pillars. I saw it a couple years ago in Ebay, but I have no luck finding any now. Do any of you out there know where I can a set from? Please let me know. Also, what websites are cheapest for getting OEM replacement parts. Thanks for your help. By the way, I have a 1996 E320 (W210).

Last edited by mbzpower; 11-09-2004 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Forgot to note year and model of car.
Old 11-09-2004, 08:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 C300
Sorry to hear about your break in. I might have a wood trim panel for around the radio and climate controler. Let me know.
Old 11-09-2004, 11:19 AM

2010 E63 AMG, 2000 E430 Sport, Dodge Charger SRT8
Sorry about the damage. I got my "carbon fiber" door trim at the dealer. They are expensive......about $500 a set and that was with my 10% discount. Be aware that there are different trim styles for different color cars. Black cars use one type, silver car use another. I got the black type for my silver car. These are the same parts as used on E55s.
Old 11-09-2004, 11:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
98 W210 Advantgarde
Damn theives! I feel your pain man. But if the window is mashed, why did they even have to touch the pillar? Vandalism? And if its bent, sounds like you also need to shape it back before puttin back the trim, right? Anyways, there's MB and other aftermarket ones around, some also with a chrome edge, some with a brabus or amg logo, there's also the option of a full chromed one....to each their own, keep searching, there's many cheaper than original options around (sorry I can't help with where as I'm not in the US).......good luck!
Old 11-09-2004, 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
If you're really lost, try these guys - they have them listed on their site, scroll down the page (but no picture), also other goodies:

http://www.topwealthgroup.com/mb/mb.html

(p.s. be sure to checkout their home page.....)

However, I would only recommend them as a last resort as they are based in Hong Kong and shipping may kill the price - just remember, don't rush, these are much cheaper aftermarket items and do not settle for a near OEM price (might be able to get them cheaper off Ebay if ever they're listed). As an example, I picked up a set of original MB updated rear lights from a grey market MB part importer for 2/3 their price for a set of Taiwanese replicas...go figure.

Last edited by Whitey; 11-09-2004 at 12:08 PM.
Old 11-09-2004, 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 154 Posts
2016 GLE63s / 2016 E63s / 2002 E55
the E55 outer b-pillar door panel trim is not real CF! But it does not nice.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
Originally Posted by E55 KEV
the E55 outer b-pillar door panel trim is not real CF! But it does not nice.
I didn't even realize the ad said "real" but note, it says "real pillars carbon fiber".....that could mean they're the "OEM (i.e. real) pillars [looks like] carbon fiber", who knows, lol Like I said, let buyer beware with this one.......if I were getting them, I'd be able to go to their shop to inspect personally

Interestingly, I have also noticed that my Advantgarde (so called) CF pillars aren't actually in the CF pattern like the aftermarket ones, they're pokka dots on a black background but does look like CF from a distance (see pics - sorry blurred image on mine make the dots look joined up):

And here's Rich's "real" CF look (I guess that might be what the ad is trying to say):
Old 11-10-2004, 10:53 AM

Thanks all for your input. FYI, the thieve used a flat head screwdriver or something and pryed the window frame until the window shattered. Met with the insurance adjuster last night...still don't know how much will be given to me.

But Whitey, your second picture with the Brabus logo is exactly what I'm looking for. I'm using Brabus for most of my car, so that would be sweet. I tried asking several shops but they said that they don't have CF pillars for my car as of now. They will in the future. Not sure when that is, so if anyone knows where I can get them in the US, please let me know. I'm only looking for a replica...not the ones from Merc dealerships. Thanks again for all your help.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:01 AM

E-Klasse, the wood trim panel around the radio and climate control, how many buttons do you have? Is it burlwood? Mine only has 3 buttons - the triangle, and one button on each side (the door lock, and head rest down).

I'll also post this list on the classifieds section, but here is list of stuff I'll need to replace:

1) Burlwood trim panel around radio and climate control (w/ 3 buttons)
2) Compartment between radio and cigarette lighter w/ burlwood cover
3) CF door pillar with "B" logo
Old 11-10-2004, 11:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 C300
Originally Posted by mbzpower
E-Klasse, the wood trim panel around the radio and climate control, how many buttons do you have? Is it burlwood? Mine only has 3 buttons - the triangle, and one button on each side (the door lock, and head rest down).

I'll also post this list on the classifieds section, but here is list of stuff I'll need to replace:

1) Burlwood trim panel around radio and climate control (w/ 3 buttons)
2) Compartment between radio and cigarette lighter w/ burlwood cover
3) CF door pillar with "B" logo
I think it has an extra hole for the head light washer switch.
Old 11-11-2004, 01:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
But Whitey, your second picture with the Brabus logo is exactly what I'm looking for.
that's exactly what the HK company sells (the logo is interchangeable). It is a pciture of Richard023's ride but chances are that dude would have bought a real Brabus one (if there is one) cuz he's a Brabus freek with too much $$$
Old 11-11-2004, 01:36 PM

E320
But Whitey, your second picture with the Brabus logo is exactly what I'm looking for. I'm using Brabus for most of my car, so that would be sweet. I tried asking several shops but they said that they don't have CF pillars for my car as of now. They will in the future. Not sure when that is, so if anyone knows where I can get them in the US, please let me know. I'm only looking for a replica...not the ones from Merc dealerships. Thanks again for all your help.
Check Ebay they used to be listed there all the time!
Old 11-11-2004, 03:02 PM

Shane C, I did check Ebay. The CF pillars were on Ebay all the time a couple years ago, but now they kinda all disappeared. I asked the Ebay sellers that sell the CF pillars for BMW's about CF pillars for Merc, but they said they don't have it now...they will sometime in the future. Question is, how long??
Old 11-14-2004, 02:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W210, W220, W163, W164, C6
Shane C, I did check Ebay. The CF pillars were on Ebay all the time a couple years ago, but now they kinda all disappeared. I asked the Ebay sellers that sell the CF pillars for BMW's about CF pillars for Merc, but they said they don't have it now...they will sometime in the future. Question is, how long??
I'm sorry to hear your unfortunate theft incident, my buddy's company is a distributor for the CF pillars, a few of his accounts on Ebay were shut-down due to infringement copyright laws...however, he's got tons of these units in his garage.

PM me if your interested in obtaining his contact info.

Davey: Hahaha...you & I are in the same predicament, we work are tails off only to fund are "precious metals" :p
Old 11-14-2004, 07:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
Originally Posted by Richard023
Davey: Hahaha...you & I are in the same predicament, we work are tails off only to fund are "precious metals" :p
Yeah Rich, but some of us obviously get rewarded better than others

Last edited by Whitey; 11-14-2004 at 12:03 PM.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:09 PM

Rich,

PM'ed you. Lemme know. Thanks.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W210, W220, W163, W164, C6
Rich,

PM'ed you. Lemme know. Thanks.
Hit you right back via email