E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Pics of my torn rear Carlsson Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2004, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes W210 E280
Unhappy Pics of my torn rear Carlsson Kit

Just to share a pic of my carlsson bumped ripped from driving 110km /h or so through one feet of water.. Was dark on the higway, and didn't expect the drainage on our national highway to suck badly...anyways, got everything fixed with extras , which will be posted on the next msg.

Doesn't look as bad, but with a better quality camera (this was taken with my camera phone ) it looked really bad ( plus cost a bomb to fix! )
Attached Thumbnails Pics of my torn rear Carlsson Kit-04-11-04_1243.jpg  
Old 12-25-2004, 11:24 AM

Mercedes W210 E280
Talking Pics of Car fixed with addtional items!

Ok, got the car fixed and all, and managed to get the Carlsson stuffs that I've been searching for yonks. so pics attached shows the following ( in no particular order)
i.) the carlsson side decals that changes the elegance stickers
ii.) front and rear calrsson badge. Rear badge involved drilling a centre hole and screwing the badge in.
iii.) carlsson door lock pins (picture not shown..similar to whiteys)
iv.) walnut gear knobs, and you can see my pioneer CD deck
v.) New avantgarde smoked tail lamps! Finally got them done!
vi.) Carlsson floor mats

All orginal carlsson items..check out the website mercedesperformance.co.uk...lotsa stuffs, and good service!
Attached Thumbnails Pics of my torn rear Carlsson Kit-25-12-04_1020.jpg   Pics of my torn rear Carlsson Kit-25-12-04_1022.jpg   Pics of my torn rear Carlsson Kit-25-12-04_1024.jpg   Pics of my torn rear Carlsson Kit-25-12-04_1025.jpg   Pics of my torn rear Carlsson Kit-25-12-04_1026.jpg  

Old 12-25-2004, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
98 W210 Advantgarde
Good to see your car back in shape and those new additions are looking good too bro. Is that a "Designo" shift knob btw?

(P.S. I'm surprized in your profession you haven't invested in a better camera......too late now but that would have been a good x'mas pressie...I got one :p )

Last edited by Whitey; 12-25-2004 at 04:28 PM.
Old 12-25-2004, 07:24 PM

too many to list
your carlsson looks nice specially to have one in malaysia i beleive thats a 3rd world country no offence but your ride must be very very rate over there
Old 12-25-2004, 07:26 PM

too many to list
hey whitey you have amazing rims what are they bro how many "
Old 12-25-2004, 08:28 PM

Mercedes W210 E280
Originally Posted by Lexino
your carlsson looks nice specially to have one in malaysia i beleive thats a 3rd world country no offence but your ride must be very very rate over there
Thanks for the compliment Lexino, but dude, we may be rated as a third world country, but we sure ain't one..we had the tallest building in the world until this year when taipei 101 opened, (KL Twin Towers) and my ride would only be considered as pitiful! The numbers of other mercs, especailly new Cs, Es, Ss, SLKs and even SLs are unbelievable..plus don't forget the BMWs, new 5's and 7's, ferraris and porches..I doing a show room ID for Harriers, Wishs and Aphard (LX Mode japan) and we''ve even got Wald and impul in here too...if it woesn't for our high import taxes, and can say everyone will be driving a Conti! Of course the whole industry is controled my the malays (Bumis) but trust me when i say most of them are run my chinese in the background.

So i think its time for the world to strike us off the 3rd world list, coz if you visited here, you would also think otherwise..
Old 12-25-2004, 08:30 PM

Mercedes W210 E280
Originally Posted by Whitey
Good to see your car back in shape and those new additions are looking good too bro. Is that a "Designo" shift knob btw?

(P.S. I'm surprized in your profession you haven't invested in a better camera......too late now but that would have been a good x'mas pressie...I got one :p )
Thanks Davo..good to be back..but still need to take it back to the shop for touch ups and a very good polish ..:P

not designo, but just has a chrome mercedes emblem..might change it actually, i believe i might have bought a copy, cause cracks are starting to show between the chrome piece and the wood..

I've got a decent digital camera, just too lazy to take nice shots now..will set up the car nicely after the final polish and show everyone again..hopefully with bilstein yellows and new rubbers!
Old 12-25-2004, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
Originally Posted by carlsson9
we had the tallest building in the world until this year when taipei 101 opened, (KL Twin Towers)
Dude, I guess that still makes you 2nd, hee hee:p
Old 12-25-2004, 11:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
Originally Posted by Lexino
hey whitey you have amazing rims what are they bro how many "
Thanks lexino, they're Dronell C-15's, 19" (Carlsson 1/16's UL lookalikes, less one spoke)....super light.
Old 12-26-2004, 02:06 AM

Mercedes W210 E280
Dude, I guess that still makes you 2nd, hee hee:p
haha..well it was good when it last ed.. since you made a trip to Taiwan, have you been to the 101 ? I've seen a documentary on it, and it looks impressive..believe it was suppose to be based on bamboo trees...

am still looking for bilstein yellows for the E280...seems to be out of stock over here.. :/
and tyres are about to expire soon
Old 12-26-2004, 08:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
haha..well it was good when it last ed.. since you made a trip to Taiwan, have you been to the 101 ? I've seen a documentary on it, and it looks impressive..believe it was suppose to be based on bamboo trees...

am still looking for bilstein yellows for the E280...seems to be out of stock over here.. :/
and tyres are about to expire soon
Sorry but I'd really want to respond to this

101 Shopping mall:

Exterior/elevation - fugly
Entrances: unimpressive, lacks impact and definition
Engineering: apparently earth quake resistant
Interior space and flow: confusing, very spacious but lacks points of reference
Interior design: extravagent but just comparable with the best of HK. Store groupings and good consistency of shop front designs (I know cuz my company is one fo their tenants)

Petronas/Twin Twrs shopping mall:

Exterior/elevation - not sure....too Bumi for my liking
Entrances: better in terms of definition but still lacking in impressiveness
Engineering: don't know
Interior space and flow: less is more (and lower cost)
Interior design: tries to be extravagent but lacks class. Tries but lacks shop type groupings i.e. different types mixed in all together (very much the norm in Malaysia's malls)

......but what do you expect from a bunch of "third world" designers and engineers?:p

Not sure what you mean by "Bilstein yellows" but I presume they're the Sprint/Sport type....we have an abundance of them here
Old 12-26-2004, 07:36 PM

Mercedes W210 E280
Ahh..but for the KLCC, the designer was actually cesar pelli, not from a third world country,a nd most of the ID works were done by Australians.. The ID isn't too bad, but i must say it is a bit boring for my taste..

I read that the 101 was built at the wrong time, considering there were problems renting out office spaces, but i guess its probably ok now..

I'm impressed with your descriptions on the architecture works.. most ppl would say otherwise of these buildings...

Yeppers, I meant the bilstein sports shockers....really lacking for 280s..maybe i should try importing them from HK..
Old 12-26-2004, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
Ahh..but for the KLCC, the designer was actually cesar pelli, not from a third world country,a nd most of the ID works were done by Australians.. The ID isn't too bad, but i must say it is a bit boring for my taste..

I read that the 101 was built at the wrong time, considering there were problems renting out office spaces, but i guess its probably ok now..

I'm impressed with your descriptions on the architecture works.. most ppl would say otherwise of these buildings...

Yeppers, I meant the bilstein sports shockers....really lacking for 280s..maybe i should try importing them from HK..
Started life as an architect myself....gave it up cuz i hated all the B.S. that went along with the profession
Old 12-27-2004, 01:01 AM

Mercedes W210 E280
Started life as an architect myself....gave it up cuz i hated all the B.S. that went along with the profession

REally? not suprising, cause a layman could not have describe the buildings like you did!

what kind of B.S's did you not like abou the profession? I have to admit there are quite a bit of it not to like, espeically here in malaysia, but so far i guess I'm enjoying it ( since I'm not starting out like others, drawings toilet details and such..) :P
Old 12-28-2004, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W210, W220, W163, W164, C6
Karlson,

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, but i'm glad to see your back in bizness All is well in KL??? The earth-shaken disaster is just horrible!!!

Dave & I discussed this once before, I too started as an Architect (UCLA '92), worked in my hometown (Manila) & Jakarta, Indonesia for a few months...I'm sorry to say in South Eastern Asia it's who you know and not what you know that plays a role in your success. Working here in the US, climbing the corporate ladder & bureaucracy BS takes away the excitement of the creative process.
Old 01-03-2005, 10:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
Originally Posted by Richard023
Karlson,

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, but i'm glad to see your back in bizness All is well in KL??? The earth-shaken disaster is just horrible!!!

Dave & I discussed this once before, I too started as an Architect (UCLA '92), worked in my hometown (Manila) & Jakarta, Indonesia for a few months...I'm sorry to say in South Eastern Asia it's who you know and not what you know that plays a role in your success. Working here in the US, climbing the corporate ladder & bureaucracy BS takes away the excitement of the creative process.
Couldn't agree more Rich Call me a purist or moralistic but I was discouraged by the BS needed to sell a design (and I was good at it too , even if it was never intended in the design concept........then, I found its no different to succeed in the corporate world
Old 01-03-2005, 11:13 PM
Almost a Member!

C 200
woo carlsson you are in KL? I'm in Indonesia..you got a nice car there man...i agree with wat most people said...in asia who you know is better than who know you..but i guess it's all depends on how you want to get success...as fast as a rocket or slowly but sure....well nice to know you guys here
Old 01-04-2005, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
Carlsson baby, CARLSSON!