E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Projector Headlight mod gurus help meh!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 02:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheeled car.
Projector Headlight mod gurus help meh!

Alright, so it turns out my left headlight needs to be replaced b/c of a cracked bracket due to my fender bender. I guess I could go and superglue it and it would actually work, but I'd rather take that chance to upgrade my headlights.

So here are my questions:

What brand should I get and where and for how much? Alex, maybe you can help me.

What projectors should I get, from what car, where, and for how much.

Last, who can help me put it all together? I can barely put gas in my car by myself so Im skillless.

ZAM? I'll buy you Pho and pay you

Thank you
Old 03-01-2005, 02:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 154 Posts
99 E320
Zam duh man's got some E60 projos coming in next week. Sounds like a
great opportunity for a HID retrofit. :-) r-
Old 03-01-2005, 02:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
I just read up! The man is crazy! I sent him an email. I wonder which bulb/projector setup yields to the coolest looks. I want the blue/purple glimmer from afar and the nice white pattern on the ground. I'd love to go Bixenon too! HID high beams + Halogen high beams...awww yeah!
Old 03-01-2005, 03:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 154 Posts
99 E320
yeah, you gotsta go with the Z-man. just picked up couple of E55 bi-xen
buckets from him for only $200. squeezing them into the Depo now. i have
smaller units from A6 which I don't need, if anyone wants. maybe I'll try to
shoehorn into the murdercycle. r-
Old 03-01-2005, 03:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
sup doc, no matter what you got to do the reto-fit of the projector, i'm working on doing them to my set but holding off because i got a lot of work........let me know if your serious about doing them...........
Old 03-01-2005, 06:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
as soon as I get a check from the insurance I'm doing it. Do you know how to loosen the bumper to install it? I'm getting new front bumper new foglights, and well new headlights I need a new painted hood to complete the looks too. I also ordered from steve euro impact strips.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
i see, yeah the bumper's no problem to take off. you should get projector fogs, it'll look nice..........let me know, i'm a little busy with finishing up projects and what not.......
Old 03-01-2005, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
They make them for the sport/AMG bumper now? Shiet... I guess I sohuld get them then!
Old 03-01-2005, 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
yup always have
Old 03-01-2005, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 e430 sport blk/blk ---- 1992 300CE w124/24V (RIP)
hey all
can you guys point me to the DIY thread for the whole retrofit thing?
i'd like to HID my car cause my headlights suck as halogen

help
i'm also pretty skill less with this kind of electrical stuff...

about how much too?
thanks all
Old 03-01-2005, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
Alex i looked on ebay. Where else can I find them. How much are they? I need new ones since mine are busted anyway. Do you know anyone who can get a 3m film protection on them, b/c the clear ones i got for my E320 cracked w/in days
Old 03-01-2005, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
Doc

You can get the 3mm film from xpel.com, 3M film really good.

If you want purple color & bright light: Hella. Go with either W211 lens retrofit into Depo projector (good), BMW 5 serie or E55 bi-xenon projector (better), or Audi RS bi-xenon: BEST !! There are other maker (Valeo, Bosch), however, none would fit the shroud in the Depo projector. You need 90mm projector to have it fit nicely, otherwise, either lot of work, or won't fit at all.

If you want mother of all light, go w/ the the best: Stanley !!! Not as purple as the Hella, but it's bright. I'm still trying to figure out how to fit it into Depo headlight (working on drawing to send to shop for fabricated part ).

I can get you the Depo headlight as well. I think it's around $400-420 out the door, depend on how many I can get together to do group buy. I've seen deal on eBay for $370, but they tack on $50 shipping, and won't allow local pick-up.

As for light, I have the following either in stock, or coming this & next few weeks:

- 3 pairs of W211 90mm projectors (1 in stock)
- 1 pair of E55 90mm bi-xenon projectors
- 2 pairs of Audi RS6 90mm bi-xenon projectors
- 2 pairs of BMW 5 series 90mm projector
- 1 pair of Stanley projector: <b>MOTHER OF ALL LIGHT </b> (in stock)
- 4 pairs of D2S Philips/Osram 4300K bulb
- 2 pairs of Bosch ballast (from SL500 and CLK)
- 1 pair of Matsu****a ballast (from Subaru ??)
- 1 pair of Mitsubishi ballast (from Acura)
- 1 pair of Denso ballast (from Lexus)

And guess this, if I can figure out the way to have the Stanley projector work, my friend will try to bring back for me ...10 pairs of them from Japan, simply because I can't to find them here, and people bid them up like crazy on eBay.

If you want me to help w/ the retrofit, pls contact me at hhbk@yahoo.com. I know it's a hassle, but I now prefer that I spend time to go buy & pickup the Depo light for you (on Sat), for no fee. Last week, it was scary to go home to see a huge box of Depo light in my front door. Some brother could had just driven buy and pick them up. Lucky me.

Originally Posted by The Doctor
Alex i looked on ebay. Where else can I find them. How much are they? I need new ones since mine are busted anyway. Do you know anyone who can get a 3m film protection on them, b/c the clear ones i got for my E320 cracked w/in days

Last edited by zam2000; 03-01-2005 at 09:36 PM.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
doc i got a couple of sources that carry the lights.........i'm gonna hold off on doing mine for now because i want to do the honda s2000 projectors.....since this other guy on here's got nothing better to you and likes doing it have him do it cheap for you.........
Old 03-02-2005, 12:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
Alex

If I remmember it correctly, you orignally preached to us that slap on a xenon kit and 8000K is the best way to achive good light ? May as well use that Depo lens and 10K bulb, purpleeee all the way

Some of the Hella already have rsrv. Most of the Stanley projectors will eventually find their new owner via eBay. Try to bid for a pair of Honda S2000 on eBay, see if you get any luck. Stanley projectors are the hotest one in HID retrofit community.

Just as other who offer upgrade Benz w/ better stuff, I'm doing the same thing. We offer honest opinion, quality product, reasonable price, and let forum member decide. No rip-off like dealer. Simply as that: hobby & get paid.

We don't avocate for "upgrades" like immitate panaromic roof or high temperature & purple bulbs

Originally Posted by alexbenz
doc i got a couple of sources that carry the lights.........i'm gonna hold off on doing mine for now because i want to do the honda s2000 projectors.....since this other guy on here's got nothing better to you and likes doing it have him do it cheap for you.........
Old 03-02-2005, 12:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
ahahahah, not everyone is **** about lights and all , i know you love doing it and all and it's your hobby, fine with me....

"We don't avocate for "upgrades" like immitate panaromic roof or high temperature & purple bulbs " i love having a car thats different then others and a so called immitate panaromic was a cool mod that others have followed in my foot steps....if i was here to please people like you then i wouldn;t even mod my car, i do it for myself....

sorry but i see find at night and i love the color of my lights, something like changing out the projector to me is the last thing on my list...
Old 03-02-2005, 03:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
lol Is it me or Alex and Huy don't like each other? LOL.
Old 03-02-2005, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
hahaah, it's you doc-----------------lol