E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Air Conditioner Survey

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 06:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 E63
Air Conditioner Survey

So I get this call yesterday from some survey company. They told me if I come in and do a survey on the air con that they would give me a $100. I was skeptical at first but decided to go anyways. I went there this morning and answered some questions for about 30 minutes. They handed me a check for $100 after I was done. Sweet! They didn't even ask me for any personal information, ie SSN or address. Has anyone else gone through this? It seems MB wants customer feedback for a new air con system they have in mind. Funny thing is after the survey, I get back in my car and I get the SRS malfunction message. So I went from happy to mad in about 2 minutes. Now I have to take the car in tomorrow and get it fixed.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 Yukon XL Denali, '06 Eclipse GS
I don't know if I would consider that a coincidence, or simply a sabotage while you were inside... but I'm sure that's not the case.

Hey, at least you can use that $100 to pay up for the fix... unless it's at no-charge...
Old 08-09-2005, 06:48 PM
DWP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 AM Vantage V8 - '03 E500
Interesting. Did they ask you how you used your current A/C, or what you liked/didn't like about it, or questions like that? Did their questions suggest what they had in mind for the future, assuming they didn't swear you to secrecy? Did they say how you were selected? And could you tell why they wanted you to present yourself in person, instead of asking the questions by phone?

Inquiring minds want to know ...
Old 08-09-2005, 07:30 PM

2007 E63
Originally Posted by DWP
Interesting. Did they ask you how you used your current A/C, or what you liked/didn't like about it, or questions like that? Did their questions suggest what they had in mind for the future, assuming they didn't swear you to secrecy? Did they say how you were selected? And could you tell why they wanted you to present yourself in person, instead of asking the questions by phone?

Inquiring minds want to know ...
First we went through my likes and dislikes of the a/c. Then we went through problems, it got very specific there. I told them about the cat pee smell that I have been getting recently. Then we went through some changes. They showed me some pics of new buttons and dials and asked me which one I like better. I never saw a picture of the entire console but just air distribution, temperature, and blower settings. I assume this is why they want people to come in personally. They told me I was selected because MB gave them a list of people with E classes. I also saw pics of C and SL classes so I am sure they are doing surveys for those cars as well.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:06 PM

2005 Carlsson CD32 E320 CDI Inline-6
SRS Malf.....

My car experienced same message.

Was some type of sensor in steering column.

KB
Old 08-10-2005, 03:10 AM

'04 E500
survey

I got the same offer too, I just hope the check cashes ok. I'm going next Monday, kinda hard to go there during working hours.

BTW. I was skeptical too. Did you go to Chatsworth?

-=PCH=-

Originally Posted by gdestiny
So I get this call yesterday from some survey company. They told me if I come in and do a survey on the air con that they would give me a $100. I was skeptical at first but decided to go anyways. I went there this morning and answered some questions for about 30 minutes. They handed me a check for $100 after I was done. Sweet! They didn't even ask me for any personal information, ie SSN or address. Has anyone else gone through this? It seems MB wants customer feedback for a new air con system they have in mind. Funny thing is after the survey, I get back in my car and I get the SRS malfunction message. So I went from happy to mad in about 2 minutes. Now I have to take the car in tomorrow and get it fixed.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:57 PM

2007 E63
Originally Posted by PCH_4.2
I got the same offer too, I just hope the check cashes ok. I'm going next Monday, kinda hard to go there during working hours.

BTW. I was skeptical too. Did you go to Chatsworth?

-=PCH=-
Yup. They write the check as Cash so just go down the street to the local Citibank on Devonshire and Mason and cash it. No problems.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:28 PM
Almost a Member!

2004 E320; 2001 Jaguar VDP
Originally Posted by gdestiny
I got the same call. For me it was from Savage Research in Dallas. After getting scheduled, I had to cancel due to a business trip.

Sounds like an easy dinner out on them!