Originally Posted by benzondubz
Eggroll ? or Sausage
That's a RIDICULOUS question!
Old 08-29-2005, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500
Looking foward to my service visits...

Originally Posted by HELL ONA HARLEY
Yea.... Talk is cheap on the puter... I would love to be there when you inform her of your findings...
Don't know about other MB dealerships but I bought mine at MBSD and they have the best looking gals that I've ever seen. Sales/service assistant is a hottie and was totally impressed because she knew the car inside and out. Too bad I can't remember half the things she went through in the half hour session.
My take on things sometimes is what happens at X...stays in X....

As for service, I think they should have the red carpet rolled out because you are paying for it - unlike BMW or Audi which covers everything for 4-years. Hope future visits are pleasant...so far so good.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by krispykrme
I found both MB and lexus offer same good service.

The only thing that I did not like about the MB service is the hours. Beshoff does not open on weekend. Claridge i believe closes at 6:00.

Lexus of fremont service is open 24/7. So i can drop off the car at any time.

Also, I am sick and tired of only getting C as a loaner. Lexus gives you RX, IS, and ES to choose. Although not really rewarding to drive, it still gives variety.
I don't mean to bring an old thread up but Beshoff is open on Monday-Friday 7:30am-6:30am and Saturdays from 8am-3pm. Appointments only. Was just there not too long ago.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:47 PM

2003 E320
i think dealerships are all different from each other and so will be the experience.

for example, i went over to Feldmanns to have my freezing comand unit checked out. the dealership kept my car for 2 hours instead of the 1 hour they promised ... claimed they couldnt fix the problem and charged me 108 dollars even though my vehicle was still under warranty. i was in a hurry to a meeting so i didnt argue.

next day i dropped my car off at Sears Auto Import (which happens to be even closer to my house). Bill Blume was wonderful in communicating everything to me. My car was done when they promised it will be done, all covered under the warranty and they even threw in software upgrades. the lobby was great, sales personnel were unintrusive and too bad i dont drink coffee, so i didnt get to try out their coffee selection.

needless to say i was back at Feldmanns on Monday for a refund, which i got. You know where i wont be going again.

my friend just purchased a lexus gs 430 ... a reaction from my purchase of the E and i can tell he loves it. but personally for me, despite all the reliability of a lexus, i never even considered the gs 430. it just didnt do it for me. the E has soul, is classy and just drop dead gorgeous. i mean, if you had to choose a free car ... and there was a lexus and a mercedes of the same level ... which would u chose.

bring on the 3-star!!!
Old 04-05-2006, 02:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 E55
Originally Posted by Jane
I don't mean to bring an old thread up but Beshoff is open on Monday-Friday 7:30am-6:30am and Saturdays from 8am-3pm. Appointments only. Was just there not too long ago.
they must have changed it recently.

But still 7:30 to 6:30 pm isn't exactly long period of time. Consider traffic in the bay are is pretty bad. 6:30 PM is still too early to close.

24/7 is still better since you can drop off the car after work and pick up the car on the way to work.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 E55
Originally Posted by niidawg3

my friend just purchased a lexus gs 430 ... a reaction from my purchase of the E and i can tell he loves it. but personally for me, despite all the reliability of a lexus, i never even considered the gs 430. it just didnt do it for me. the E has soul, is classy and just drop dead gorgeous. i mean, if you had to choose a free car ... and there was a lexus and a mercedes of the same level ... which would u chose.

bring on the 3-star!!!
I take it that your preconceived notion that MB is better than lexus has prevent you from test driving the GS.

Other than exterior which i think the new GS is hideous.

The GS handles better, drives better, and much classier interior with better navi and material. The new GS is a better car than W211 in many ways. In fact lexus build a better version of W211 with its GS.

If i had to pick one of the two, i will take the GS. But none of them compares well to either 550i or M45, which are more fun to drive and probably are more reliable as well.

There is reason why W211 sales has fallen in this segment. E-class was the segment leader and W211 has failed miserably in US. The E60 is outselling W211 by more than 2:1. W211 lacks the quality that typical MB should have. Nor it is a well designed car. Other than the 3 pointed star, W211 is nothing speical.

Last edited by krispykrme; 04-05-2006 at 02:24 PM.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Its beautiful, solid and fast. Just like a Rolex!
Old 04-05-2006, 06:45 PM

Here we go.

Did somebody mention full leather seats in the rear?
Old 04-05-2006, 07:24 PM

I agree that Lexus has beautiful interiors and I love the service. Now if they can only make a car that halfway looks decent then I would go for the Lexus. During my car search, LS430 looks like its made for the more "mature" crowds, GS 430 looks like a MAxima,looks like a cigar, and is awful looking, ES330 - looks like a Camry, IS330 halfway decent looking but isn't that what all the young Asian college guys drive these days? I thought Mercdes for the car is the most all around. BMW looks beautiful outside but looks awful inside. Lexus beautiful inside but awful outside. MB has a good avergae combination of the 2. By the way, noone buys a car for the service department, you're not in the service department every day. The nicer it looks, the more you will be paying for it in the end.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:54 PM
Almost a Member!

2003 E-500, 2005 Mini Cooper S
Wink

Originally Posted by benznodubz
Ramphaus ..

You are in for a long wait because rice will never taste like kraut
True, but kraut leaves a bad aftertaste. LISTEN UP LEXUS ~ If you can make a few of your models with real sports options you can still keep all your customers that prefer the womb to the road but you will also get a sh** load of BMW and Mercedes owners. I will be the first in line. In fact, if the new Lexus 350is had more road feel and better handling I would already own one.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:57 PM
ON PROBATION

Leksux?
Attached Thumbnails Went to Lexus and MB today...-leksux.jpg  
Old 04-06-2006, 04:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 289 Likes on 202 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Originally Posted by krispykrme
I take it that your preconceived notion that MB is better than lexus has prevent you from test driving the GS.

Other than exterior which i think the new GS is hideous.

The GS handles better, drives better, and much classier interior with better navi and material. The new GS is a better car than W211 in many ways. In fact lexus build a better version of W211 with its GS.

If i had to pick one of the two, i will take the GS. But none of them compares well to either 550i or M45, which are more fun to drive and probably are more reliable as well.

There is reason why W211 sales has fallen in this segment. E-class was the segment leader and W211 has failed miserably in US. The E60 is outselling W211 by more than 2:1. W211 lacks the quality that typical MB should have. Nor it is a well designed car. Other than the 3 pointed star, W211 is nothing speical.

Are you sreious? The W211 E-Class sold over 57K units in 2004 and right around 50K in 2005. The drop was due to uh...the CLS to some degree and the competition. The 5-Series was new for 2004 and the Lexus GS, Infiniti M, Caddy STS and Acura RL all hit the ground in either late 2004 or early 2006 so of course the oldest, more established car in the segment (the E) would lose some sales, but this bs about it having failed miserably is just that BS.

How does being the E maintaining second place in a segment filled with ALL NEWER cars equal having "failed miserably". Typical internet misinformation and hype. Think for a minute the E goes back to 2003 and still outsells the GS, RL, A6, STS, M and they're all newer! Only the 5-Series sells any better and that is likely not to be the case once the 2007 E's hit the ground. The only car in the segment that is older than the E is the Jaguar S-Type, which has literally vanished from the sales race.

Secondly, the GS doesn't drive any better than the E-Class, at best the GS has slightly better steering and thats about it. The E a poorly designed car? That is the about the most ridiculous thing I've read here. The GS is the longer car with the same room and a total joke of a trunk compared to the E, but the E is poorly designed. Yeah ok. The GS looks like something like a humback whale and really isn't any sportier than the E-Class with its nanny of a stability control system being even more intrusive than the E's which can be dialed back, but not off. The GS's stability control can't even be dialed back.

Lastly, the 5-Series has sold 14,069 units YTD in the U.S. compared to 8659 for the E-Class YTD. What type of math makes this "more than 2:1"?

M

Last edited by Germancar1; 04-06-2006 at 05:06 AM.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:28 PM

C32
Originally Posted by Jane
I service my car at Autobahn and they don't open on the weekends. What I don't like about MB service is they use Enterprise or another agency for their loaner cars. Getting a loaner car at Lexus is much easier.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:39 PM

2001 E320
Actually I take my ride to Smothers in Santa Rosa... Am I happy????? Yes I am but I'm a simplton....I didn't buy my car to have a grease monkey kissing my *** because of the price I paid for my ride.... Frankly I find it quite offensive as I can clearly see they can really give a **** about me. I bought my car for saftey reasons as my family means more to me than looking at a big screen, drinking yuppie coffee, stuffing my face with cheap *** donuts and having my *** wiped by the service advisor.

For the fine people here that think they are not being treated with respect or the speed at which your accustom too, then thats to bad....Why don't you simply go somewhere else that meets you high expectations.
Hey, I go to Smothers European too. Not too bad, especially since the remodel of the showroom and the new service department. I couldn't tell you if they have loaners; never asked for one. Don't know what brand of cofee they serve; I stop and get mine on the way there. Service writers have always been helpful and polite. Andy in Parts is great! If they have old magazines laying around, I wouldn't know; I'd rather go check out the new vehicles!

I guess I'm a simpleton too, 'cause I don't need any special attention to make me feel good about my Mercedes...
Old 04-07-2006, 10:50 PM

2001 E320
Originally Posted by Germancar1
Are you sreious? The W211 E-Class sold over 57K units in 2004 and right around 50K in 2005. The drop was due to uh...the CLS to some degree and the competition. The 5-Series was new for 2004 and the Lexus GS, Infiniti M, Caddy STS and Acura RL all hit the ground in either late 2004 or early 2006 so of course the oldest, more established car in the segment (the E) would lose some sales, but this bs about it having failed miserably is just that BS.

How does being the E maintaining second place in a segment filled with ALL NEWER cars equal having "failed miserably". Typical internet misinformation and hype. Think for a minute the E goes back to 2003 and still outsells the GS, RL, A6, STS, M and they're all newer! Only the 5-Series sells any better and that is likely not to be the case once the 2007 E's hit the ground. The only car in the segment that is older than the E is the Jaguar S-Type, which has literally vanished from the sales race.

Secondly, the GS doesn't drive any better than the E-Class, at best the GS has slightly better steering and thats about it. The E a poorly designed car? That is the about the most ridiculous thing I've read here. The GS is the longer car with the same room and a total joke of a trunk compared to the E, but the E is poorly designed. Yeah ok. The GS looks like something like a humback whale and really isn't any sportier than the E-Class with its nanny of a stability control system being even more intrusive than the E's which can be dialed back, but not off. The GS's stability control can't even be dialed back.

Lastly, the 5-Series has sold 14,069 units YTD in the U.S. compared to 8659 for the E-Class YTD. What type of math makes this "more than 2:1"?

M
Germancar1;

Let me know if you ever run for office, 'cause you have my vote.
Old 04-08-2006, 09:27 AM
rjm

Multiple
Old 04-08-2006, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
I am with HOH on this one. I dont need a grease monkey to come kiss my *** or my wifes *** for that matter when I pull into the service dept at Laguna Niguel. This dealership has treated me more fairly and with more courtesy than Fetcher Jones has.

The primary reasons for my purchases of 2 E class has been and always will be the excellent safety record of all Mercedes products, their tecnological innovation, looks, and the overall execution of the car. Sure I have a Honda Odyssey, and an Acura TL, but for different reasons.

The Lexus dealership I went to with my sister to take her SC430 in was a piece of crap to be honest. They didnt offer a loaner car or a rental car, were down right rude when we complained of the many problems that had plagued the car and other things. Clearly her husband has too since decided that they will not purchase another Lexus in their lifetime.

I wont purchase a Lexus since when I took the LS430 out for a test drive the transmission went out on the car with only 10 miles on it. Clearly this is unacceptable for any auto maker. But for me it was more than enough not to purchase the car.

Benz Fanatic but you drive a 750 over say an S 55/65
Old 04-10-2006, 12:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Richard / E320
Germancar1;

Let me know if you ever run for office, 'cause you have my vote.
Not sure what to make of this statement?

M
Old 04-10-2006, 12:16 PM

2001 E320
Not sure what to make of this statement?M
From your previous post:

M

What I meant was I like it when someone stands up for Mercedes-Benz.

I get tired of the Toyota (Lexus) and BMW owners always complaining and knocking M-B. Maybe you saw some of my posts with 2006_750Li_Ed; it's not that other manufacters don't have great products, if people have brand loyalty to Toyota and BMW, great, there are a lot of Toyota and BMW forums out there... no need to come here and slam or criticize what we drive.

I thought you did a good job of stating facts, with facts...
Old 04-10-2006, 12:48 PM
lig

was '03 E320 - now - '04 S4
This is just too funny.

Old 04-10-2006, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Richard / E320
From your previous post:

M

What I meant was I like it when someone stands up for Mercedes-Benz.

I get tired of the Toyota (Lexus) and BMW owners always complaining and knocking M-B. Maybe you saw some of my posts with 2006_750Li_Ed; it's not that other manufacters don't have great products, if people have brand loyalty to Toyota and BMW, great, there are a lot of Toyota and BMW forums out there... no need to come here and slam or criticize what we drive.

I thought you did a good job of stating facts, with facts...

Thank you very much! It was the whole politician thing that threw me, their honesty and facts are....well....uh...you know....not always correct...lol.

I mean if you look at the post I was responding to anyone can see it was a bunch of nonesense at best. Toyota/Lexus fans are long on criticism, but short on facts and generally seem to be clueless about other brands of cars beyond what they can get from Consumer Reports or JD Powers.

M
Old 04-10-2006, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
Toyota/Lexus fans are long on criticism, but short on facts and generally seem to be clueless about other brands of cars beyond what they can get from Consumer Reports or JD Powers.

M

I can't believe I'm going to speak up for Krispy as I really don't like his style nor agree with his opinions about the e class........Lets just say he's very opinionated here on the forum to say the least.
But here is the facts......Krispy has been a member here for quite awhile and owns (he states) many MB's and in fact owned two 211's and still has the e55. So I would say this would make him more than qualified to speak his peace about the E class... Is his opinion's going to make me go out and buy a lexus?????? L.O.L.........
Old 04-10-2006, 10:13 PM

if you care that much about dealership , go buy a lexus. I agree they have definetly have the better dealership experience. Personally, I 've own two camrys and I wouldn't buy another one even if gas shoots to 4 bucks. My e gets only 15-17 but I still drive it.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I can't believe I'm going to speak up for Krispy as I really don't like his style nor agree with his opinions about the e class........Lets just say he's very opinionated here on the forum to say the least.
But here is the facts......Krispy has been a member here for quite awhile and owns (he states) many MB's and in fact owned two 211's and still has the e55. So I would say this would make him more than qualified to speak his peace about the E class... Is his opinion's going to make me go out and buy a lexus?????? L.O.L.........
Well I don't know the person thats why I said "generally". The post didn't sound like a person who has owned a Mercedes, it sounded pretty clueless to me.

M
Old 04-11-2006, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Well I don't know the person thats why I said "generally". The post didn't sound like a person who has owned a Mercedes, it sounded pretty clueless to me.

M
Well if you read KK's previous posts, you will find that he's not exactly what you would call "neutral".

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Went to Lexus and MB today...