Traded my E320 for a S430

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 09:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Originally Posted by rickyfanmdr
Your new car is drop-dead gorgeous, Jack! Enjoy it! We'll miss you around here.
Thanks ricky...I'll stop buy every so often and see whats going on with the new facelift and stuff....
Old 10-04-2005, 09:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by DaCeptak0n
good you came to your senses about that R-idiculous Class...

Congrats on the S...very very nice
Thanks...but you know I still think the R is a very nice car and will sell well. It has a lot of features that I would have liked but the S is so much a different car.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BudC
Look out Jack! Car and Driver just gave the new S-Class a glowing report.

As for your recent loss, I think that if I were in that position I'd miss many things including the fun of convincing your wife that you really need something you don't need.

Since we drove our 190D for 17 years and I'm still driving our 14 year old 300E, you can tell I'm not too good at the game. We did get a new E320 but I never drive it. I like my old one better.
Hey Bud...you are right on the money about the "convincing the wife" remark.

I think the new S is a "killer" with some fantastic options, but no deals on that one for quite awhile and the wait list would kill me. I kind of like the W220 more from as a long term MB user. I had a '90 E Wagon (white) and loved it...very smooth running car.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by rockyfeller
You done it! You made me jealous! If I had that other 50K here somewhere.....S55 here I come! (yeah, that's a nice dream) Don't even compare that beauty to an R-class (yuck!!)
As I mentioned above I still like the R Class and having test driven it feel it is a true MB. But the S is something else for sure....sorry I made you "jealous" but somebody has got to do the dirty work...:-)
Old 10-04-2005, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
04 E320 4 Matic, 95 Audi S6, 99 Carrera 4 Cabrio, 12 Fiat 500 Sport, 00 BMW R1200C 10, BMW R1200R
I guess I too need to express my regrets for seeing less often on this particular forum. However, I could not be happier for you. It is times like these, when you pull the trigger on a big-ticket item just because you want to and can, that one can enjoy the hard work and discipline one has exercised in the past.

I am a BIG fan of the S class MB. However, I have too much junk in my garage to fit one in it. As a result I am currently building a new home and it will have a double car garage that is wider than normal and that is 32 feet deep. This will mean that my workbench and a very nice S class might fit in the garage well.

I thought of you when I was in Germany because I drove the new redesigned A class, then the B and the R. For some reason, I picture you perfectly in an S class rather than the R. I did like it, but it is not like a MB S class.

Well, in a few years, once my home is totally finished and set up with all the electronic stuff I have a weakness for and I have my BMW bike and another Carrera I will dump my Audi S6 and keep just my E320 for a winter car, then I will too get a MB S (Diesel if available).

Thanks for all your great postings and congrats. on the purchase of your new MB!

Steve
Old 10-04-2005, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by SAguirre
I guess I too need to express my regrets for seeing less often on this particular forum. However, I could not be happier for you. It is times like these, when you pull the trigger on a big-ticket item just because you want to and can, that one can enjoy the hard work and discipline one has exercised in the past.

I am a BIG fan of the S class MB. However, I have too much junk in my garage to fit one in it. As a result I am currently building a new home and it will have a double car garage that is wider than normal and that is 32 feet deep. This will mean that my workbench and a very nice S class might fit in the garage well.

I thought of you when I was in Germany because I drove the new redesigned A class, then the B and the R. For some reason, I picture you perfectly in an S class rather than the R. I did like it, but it is not like a MB S class.

Well, in a few years, once my home is totally finished and set up with all the electronic stuff I have a weakness for and I have my BMW bike and another Carrera I will dump my Audi S6 and keep just my E320 for a winter car, then I will too get a MB S (Diesel if available).

Thanks for all your great postings and congrats. on the purchase of your new MB!

Steve
Thanks Steve...very nicely put. There are a great bunch of guys on the E forum and I hope they all migrate to the S forum eventually...:-)

I am sure that new garage will hold a new S just fine...I will be looking for pictures.

Jack
Old 10-04-2005, 06:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 M6, 05 Noble, 01 S4, Smart ForTwo
Congrats on the car- my next new MB will definately be white. There are some great deals to be had on the W220. Especially here in so cal. I've been thinking of trading up. My friend's S430 gets pretty good mileage surprisingly. I would love to have more room, as I find leg room limiting in the E, let alone rear seat room. However, I am set on getting a Noble as well.. have to pull the triger for that before I get married. Enjoy the car!
Old 10-04-2005, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Brav
My friend's S430 gets pretty good mileage surprisingly. Enjoy the car!
Thanks.

I just checked the mileage today on a 74 mile trip..here are two shots of the trip computer showing the halfway and total trip mileage. I was pleasantly surprised

And you are right about the rear seat legroom...significant difference from the E.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Interesting that you can select the water temperature to be displayed either in Centigrade or Farenheit in Set Up, Yet "C" is silk screened onto MBs clusters!
Old 10-05-2005, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
Interesting that you can select the water temperature to be displayed either in Centigrade or Farenheit in Set Up, Yet "C" is silk screened onto MBs clusters!
I have never checked that out. Seems all my MB had the temp in C so I never questioned it?
Old 10-05-2005, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whichever one is available (1 of 5)
Originally Posted by Nevada Jack
Thanks Steve...very nicely put. There are a great bunch of guys on the E forum and I hope they all migrate to the S forum eventually...:-)

I am sure that new garage will hold a new S just fine...I will be looking for pictures.

Jack
Jack,

Congrats, and sorry to see you move to the S forum. I'll see you there NEXT year. I am on my knees waiting for my wife's permission to trade up. Being only 1 year old and just 4,000 miles on the 2004 E500, I am begging very hard to move to the S forum. I even promise my wife that if she let me trade up to a S500, I promise NO SEX for 1 year. May be that will help.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by paulhu
Jack,

Congrats, and sorry to see you move to the S forum. I'll see you there NEXT year. I am on my knees waiting for my wife's permission to trade up. Being only 1 year old and just 4,000 miles on the 2004 E500, I am begging very hard to move to the S forum. I even promise my wife that if she let me trade up to a S500, I promise NO SEX for 1 year. May be that will help.
LOL....
Old 10-05-2005, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
Doesnt that P C stand for

Park

and

Comfort. MB's always had the temperature displayed in Centigrade.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
Doesnt that P C stand for

Park

and

Comfort. MB's always had the temperature displayed in Centigrade.
Yes on the Park and Comfort mode. The P will change with the gear you are in...D for 7th gear. The C he is referring to is on the temp guage I think.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 SL65
Nevada Jack: Check your P.M.