E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

how much does a rear bumper cost? accident..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 03:58 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how much does a rear bumper cost? accident..

just got into an accident with a "me no speak a english" and she said it like that..dumbass on a red light just decides to go and hits me in the rear...i was just wonderin how much a rear bumper cost? im gonna call insurance later today
Old 10-13-2005, 05:20 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2017 E300W
Originally Posted by EclassOzz
"me no speak a english"
Driver no have insurance? You call policeman?
Old 10-13-2005, 07:37 PM
Almost a Member!

she has insuruance,police dont do any help at all..so how does this work? ive never been in any accident b4..is my insurance going to go up even tho its not my fault or what? im clueless as how all this works
Old 10-13-2005, 08:41 PM

Received 261 Likes on 154 Posts
EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Make a police report

I would make a police report even though it's after the fact. The driver who hit you may make one saying that you backed up into her. You might as well make your report first. In Ohio you have to make a report if the damage is in excess of $400.

If you post a picture I am sure someone on the forum who was involved in a similar accident could give you an idea as to whether or not the bumper cover is repairable. Did you sustain any damage to the fenders?
Old 10-13-2005, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
Theres a lot more to a bumper than what is seen. You better have whats behind the bumper checked out also at your dealership.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Report it to the cops, call the other party's insurance company and tell them you only want the work done at a place that does high end cars. If they refuse, call your insurance company, pay your deductible and get it fixed the way you wanted. Your insurance company will be able to get your deductible back from the other party's insurance company. You don't want those body shop monkeys (read: fast and furious wanna-bes) to touch your car.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 E320
Couple years ago, I got into a fender bender with some girl. A cop drove by slowly while we were exchanging information and he didn't even bother to stop and investigate. When I reported the accident to my insurance, they told me that cops wouldn’t bother to arrive at an accident scene unless someone was injured. I don't know if this is true in other states, but that’s what I was told. In any case, report your accident to her insurance asap, insist on genuine MB parts, and have the work done at a body shop that has experience on high end cars. Good luck!
Old 10-13-2005, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Same thing happened to me as well in June 2004. A guy in his parents' Bonneville bumped into my car's rear end while we were in line at a garage's exit. It was a very minor accident and he only left a dent and couple scratches on my bumper. I called the cops and they were like "we will send you this report form, just write down everything in there and mail it back"

I ended up having the whole rear bumper replaced and my rate never went up since it was the other party's problem.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by EclassOzz
just got into an accident with a "me no speak a english" and she said it like that..dumbass on a red light just decides to go and hits me in the rear...i was just wonderin how much a rear bumper cost? im gonna call insurance later today
1/ Number plate

2/ Drivers name and address

3/ Insurance they use.

4/ Type of car they drive

5/ Location, time, date, direction, weather condition.

Never heard of a driver getting the blame for being in front and not moving. Should be clear cut.

Dont get involved in chasing the cost this is a $2000 damage at the very least.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:37 PM
BWL

I agree with the previous posts. Fill out the accident report to get your version of the events in writing. In many states it is a legal requirement to fill out such a form. You may find that the other parties insurance company will insist that you fill out an accident report as well.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 SLK
i would also like to know, as i was also hit 2 days ago. This accident also caused my SBC to fail. (see other post)

But i also need a new bumper. I could not see any other damage

John