E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

E350 w/AMG Sport Package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 11:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL550
E350 w/AMG Sport Package

I've seen the E500 with the AMG Sport Package (E55-style air dam, thin 5-spoke AMG wheels, dual exhaust), and tonight in a restaurant parking lot I saw a beautiful black E350 with the same package, but mbusa.com doesn't show this package to be available. Anyone know why? Thanks in advance...
Old 12-04-2005, 08:39 AM

E350 Sport Package
please come and see my car.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:08 AM

SL550
Originally Posted by baubaulu
please come and see my car.

Beautiful car! The one I saw on the E350 here in the U.S. had the E55 front bumper and 5-spoke AMGs, though. That's what I'm hoping is available to order, though maybe it was just for 2005? I thought E350s were all 2006 models, no?
Old 12-04-2005, 09:22 AM

E350 Sport Package
there are two packages in the E350. MB sport package, & AMG sport package. Difference price.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:50 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by bm75204
Beautiful car! The one I saw on the E350 here in the U.S. had the E55 front bumper and 5-spoke AMGs, though. That's what I'm hoping is available to order, though maybe it was just for 2005? I thought E350s were all 2006 models, no?
i just got a 2006 e350 with the AMG sports package you're talking about....it includes the e55 front air dam, rear bumper, 18" amg 5 spoke wheels, and dual exhaust system with AMG TIPS, and my window sticker said AMG SPORT SUSPENSION as well.. total price for the option was $4950 i believe.....

however, just noticed on the mbusa that the AMG SPORTS PACKAGE is no longer available and has been replaced with a "SPORTS PACKAGE", which includes different options, and it doesnt appear to include the AMG components.....
Old 12-04-2005, 10:27 PM

I just purchased a 2006 E350 with the appearance package (not the AMG package). I actually know the owner of the dealership and they had a E350 with the AMG package and I took it to another dealer to do a dealer trade. The only difference in appearance are the wheels and front fascia. My exhaust and side skirts are the same but the exhaust tips do not say AMG. The appearance package comes with a sport suspension and stiffer "sportier" steering along with other things. The interior of both vehicles are the same from what I saw. The AMG package does say "sport" on the sides and on the shift knob though. My car looks just like the one BM75204 has (mine is a US version).

If you go on MBUSA and build a car you will see the two packages. The more expensive one is the AMG. I had my choice and went with the simple appearance package b/c I did not see any point in paying twice the money simply for AMG signia and air ride. There is no performance upgrades with the AMG so it wasn't worth it to me.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:22 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The USA E-Class sport package is different from the AMG sport package (no longer available). The new sport package is based on Avantgarde - similar to the Appearance package. It is much sportier with the white gauges and matte chrome trim on black birdseye maple, blue glass, LED tails. Front grille is also slightly different with one more rib and black trim. The sound of the sport package is also "sportier". Yog got a great car and the package is really cool. Congrats!!

Trending Topics

Old 12-05-2005, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by silberrosa
The USA E-Class sport package is different from the AMG sport package (no longer available). The new sport package is based on Avantgarde - similar to the Appearance package. It is much sportier with the white gauges and matte chrome trim on black birdseye maple, blue glass, LED tails. Front grille is also slightly different with one more rib and black trim. The sound of the sport package is also "sportier". Yog got a great car and the package is really cool. Congrats!!
Thanks I love it! You are correct on everything except that you can still get the AMG sport appearance package on the E350. I drove one and exchanged it for the one I have. You are right, the exhaust does sound pretty good for a V6. I do however like the AMG front bumper slightly better but I can live with the beautiful car I have.