E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

MB service center in Hawaii sucks!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 05:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
MB service center in Hawaii sucks!!!!!

I took my w211 e500 AGAIN for something. this time the part took about a month and a half to get in. it was the motor for the door lock. last time i took it in for the rear door speaker and that took almost 4 months to get in . now the best part of all this is that my gf had left a $100 bill in the little compartment next to the glove box. you know the one that comes out when you press it. well it was nicely folded in there and when i get my car back today the $100 turned into a $10!!! they also felt like changing my radio station settings and play my cds!!!!!! it took them 2 days to replace the stupid door lock motor and then they felt like robbing me!!!!! i called the GM and all he could tell me was sorry and if i needed anything in the future i should call him. he said the he knew the people that worked on my car and that he trusted them!!!!! I HATE MB HAWAII!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what should i do?
Old 01-12-2006, 11:29 AM
DWP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 AM Vantage V8 - '03 E500
Other than that, how did you like your service experience at M-B of Honolulu?

Going to another M-B dealer for warranty service isn't an option for you, a fact that your dealer is well aware of. You can't go to an independent M-B garage for warranty service, either. If you feel that the dealer's service department blew you off, then ask them for contact information on the M-B regional/zone office that includes Hawaii, and take your concerns to that office.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:30 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2017 E300W
Did you file a police report regarding the theft? That's helpful in documenting your complaint.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:59 PM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
2003 E500, 2004 G35X
Originally Posted by TPAbnz
Did you file a police report regarding the theft? That's helpful in documenting your complaint.
That's right! Dealer does not like to get police involved. Tell that lousy GM that you will report to the police if he does not resolved this issue in three days!
Old 01-12-2006, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
With a due respect, the mechanic may not have stolen the dough. It could have been the "Lot Jockey", or car washer, etc.

So there's now real way to pin the theft on any one person except the dealership as a whole.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:21 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2017 E300W
Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
So there's now real way to pin the theft on any one person except the dealership as a whole.

I agree but I don't think he pinned it on the mechanic. You're correct that the dealer is responsible and should take care of this poster's problem. But, there's not much verasity here without a police report.

NOTE TO SELF: DON'T DRIVE CDI TO HAWAII FOR SERVICE.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:59 PM
ON PROBATION

Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
With a due respect, the mechanic may not have stolen the dough. It could have been the "Lot Jockey", or car washer, etc.

Reality guys: NEVER leave anything of value inside your car (incl glovebox and trunk) when taking it in or leaving it for service, or sooner or later the old adage will be proven, "If you leave it, someone will steal it".

This is also true when leaving a car parked anywhere, especially in a 'remote' parking spot. Trunk is best you can do, at least it is "out of sight, out of mind".

I am sorry about your loss, but at least it wasn't something worth even more money....

Been there, done that - lesson learned.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:35 PM
IllCDI

whenver I take my car into service as well the change compartment always gets cleaned out, its probably the people who pull the car into the service area or pull the car out to deliver it to you....
Old 01-13-2006, 08:05 AM

CLS55 AMG
i know what you all mean. I didn't pin it on a single person as a whole because i can't. I told them that and i was real calm about the issue. its just the fact that i truested them with my car and i get it back with money stolen and my radio stations all changed and my cd's in the player that wasn't in there before. i feel so used. I called them again today and as always had the hardest time trying to get someone on the phone. the sec. told me that she promised me that she would have my service rep call me back asap and so i waited. after about 5 hours i called back and finally got him and he said that he would have the gm call me but as usual i didn't get a call. now i am really pissed and am going to take further action. i feel so violated and don't trust them. i feel like i can't buy another benz because i don't want to take my cars to them.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:25 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,420 Likes on 3,147 Posts
'71 Pinto
If you were to prioritize these matters which would take preference, the time waiting for parts, safety of your personal items, or the service/maintenance rendered?

Personal items can be safeguarded by removing them from the vehicle before dropping it off. As I’m certain the majority (including myself) normally do with any brand. Next, the dealership might not have control over how long it takes to receive various parts that might not be in their best interest to stock. For example, how many speakers and/or door lock mechanisms did they replace previous to your concerns? Last, seriously consider the actual quality of repairs/maintenance performed overall by this dealership.

Morally and ethically there is absolutely no excuse for your $100 to have morphed into $10 upon return of the vehicle but quite frankly and with all due respect how can you actually prove you had $100 in the vehicle in the first place?

How can you rule out that they didn’t change your radio station settings and play your CDs to follow up on their last repair of your door speaker? Very poor excuse but once again, how can you actually prove they did not?

(1) I would suggest sending a letter outlining your concerns to Paul Juron same guy you mail your customer surveys to. Although he may not have direct responsibility since your dealership is a franchise nevertheless it will be entered into the record to reference for possible future ordeals.
(2) You do not mention if you’re entitled to free maintenance (2003 – 2004). This is your only dealer for warranty repair however, if you’re not receiving free maintenance and you feel that strongly about not patronizing this dealership I would find a reputable independent for service needs (i.e.: oil changes, brakes, etc).
(3) Always reset your trip odometer to zero and write down your mileage when you drop your vehicle off. If they road test your vehicle for any reason note the mileage accumulated and see if the road test is noted on your invoice. If excessive bring it to their attention. In effect you’re collecting supportive documentation for future complaints no matter the subject.

Mr. Paul Juron
General Manager, Customer Assistance Center
Mercedes-Benz USA LLC
Three Paragon Drive
Montvale, NJ 07645-0345
Old 01-13-2006, 09:09 PM

CLS55 AMG
i spoke with Fletcher Jones himself today and he told me that he feels sorry for what happened and that he does not think that he should take responsability for it.
Old 01-14-2006, 09:09 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2008 E350 Wagon
so did you file the police report? it's not going to take long, and it's worth it to document claims. have you considered taking out an ad in the local paper?
Old 01-14-2006, 10:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
God damn Fletcher Jones own MB of Honolulu? i feel sorry for you man. I hear that there is only one MB dealer in all of Hawaii, that really does limit your choices and no wonder they dont care since they know the customers have no other choices. Nest time take your car to a independent mechanic and stick the bill to MB. I had to this a few times and they reimbursed me.
Old 01-15-2006, 11:34 PM

CLS55 AMG
i told him that i was working out a deal for a e55 but now i don't want another benz because i have to go through him. he said give him another chance but he still won't do anything for me.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Originally Posted by tymlesE500
i told him that i was working out a deal for a e55 but now i don't want another benz because i have to go through him. he said give him another chance but he still won't do anything for me.
I would tell him to kiss my *** and then I would go buy a car from California. Just have it serviced there.

I would also file cimplaints with MBUSA, and DCX. Dealers like that should be penalized IMO and have some sort of monetary fine.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:32 AM

CLS55 AMG
sorry for asking but what is DCX?
Old 01-16-2006, 08:17 AM

Metro Card : (
sorry for asking but what is DCX?
DaimlerChrysler - DCX is the company's ticker
Old 01-17-2006, 05:17 AM

CLS55 AMG
thanks
Old 01-17-2006, 05:25 AM

CLS55 AMG
does anyone know how i can contact any of these people? i want to email the people at mbusa and dcx. i want fletcher jones to know that he just lost himself a would be lifetime client. after 6 mbs including 1 w211 e500 3 w220 s500s and s600 he still won't do anything.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
I believe you can go to MBUSA.com and simply hit the Contact Us button and email them or even give them a ring.

I ended my relationship with Fletcher Jones after the purchase of my E55 here in Southern California and would never reccomend them to anyone again.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:41 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,420 Likes on 3,147 Posts
'71 Pinto
does anyone know how i can contact any of these people? i want to email the people at mbusa and dcx. i want fletcher jones to know that he just lost himself a would be lifetime client. after 6 mbs including 1 w211 e500 3 w220 s500s and s600 he still won't do anything.
What am I on your "pay no mind list"?

Mr. Paul Juron
Mercedes-Benz USA LLC
Three Paragon Drive
Montvale, NJ 07645-0345
Old 01-17-2006, 02:46 PM
ON PROBATION

Mr. Paul Juron
Mercedes-Benz USA LLC
Three Paragon Drive
Montvale, NJ 07645-0345

The Sig says it all....
Old 01-19-2006, 04:33 AM

CLS55 AMG
Mr. Paul Juron
Mercedes-Benz USA LLC
Three Paragon Drive
Montvale, NJ 07645-0345

I have sent you a message about this issue. I know its hard to believe that I left a $100 in the car in the coin tray, but I did. I know its sounds crazy but when it comes to my car I think I am the most **** guy. I even wash the underside of my car. trust me I know if ANYTHING goes in or comes out of my car.