E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Recall/Campaign 2005070014

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 03:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E320 4-matic, brilliant silver/charcoal, Apperance Package, Navi, Phone
I was readng thru some of these threads and came upon this one where you guys are discussing the service recalls. Maybe someone can help me with this.

2004 E320
I brought the car in for service D and two recalls
SBC Bracket - 2005110001
Alt/Volt Regulator - 2005070017

-Took the car home and put it into my garage. When I tried to start it the next morning the whole car was dead. Battery, no lights inside the car and the remote would not unlock the doors.
-Roadside came that night to replace the battery.
-Next morning the car was dead again.
-Towed to dealership and the BACK UP BATTERY RELAY and VOLTAGE REGULATOR REPLACED
-Took the car home and the next morning the car was dead again
-Towed to dealer and they replaced BATTERY CONTROL MODULE
-Took the car home and the car was dead once again
-Towed once again and they narrowed it down to a DEFECTIVE LOWER CONTROL PANEL - replaced
-Took the car home and you can see where this is going - car will not start.

The service guys said they did a test and could not find where the draw was coming from so I have to say that they are taking guesses right now. Is it possible that they shorted the electrical system somewhere while doing the two recalls? What are my options at this point? The service guy seems to be ignoring me when I call and not returning calls. And I brought it to the nearest dealer not where I purchased the vechile. Tow guy would only tow to nearest dealer.

thanks
Old 08-20-2007, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 SL500
Originally Posted by konigstiger
(1) Service Campaign 2005070017 FEB06
Inspect Alternator, Replace Regulator if Necessary – The alternator regulator may fail to prevent voltage values ranging beyond the specified tolerance limits. As a result, the battery may be insufficiently recharged.

(2) Service Campaign 2005060008 JAN06
Programming Battery Control Module – The battery control module (BCM) erroneously evaluates the battery charge level as good when the actual charge level may be insufficient.

http://www.alldata.com/tsb/Mercedes-...dex-issue.html
My VIN falls a few numbers out of the those mentioned in the TSB above. I had trouble getting a copy of the TSB from the link. Does anyone have a copy they can fax me?

Second question has anyone had experience trying to get repairs paid for when you are out of warranty and your VIN doesn't match but you have the exact same problem that the TSB addresses?