E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

2007 Model Year Ordering Dates

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 11:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Model Year Ordering Dates

Does anyone know when MBUSA (or the dealers) will have info on the 2007 models (specifically the 320 CDI), and the date one can place an order for one? I haven't been able to get an answer from e-mailing MBUSA or asking my local dealer.

Thanks,
Talbot
Old 06-22-2006, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
I would expect a date of sometime in July or late June. It takes about 2 months from the date of order to recieve it here on the west coast, sometimes less or sometimes more.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:58 PM

Harley-Davidson
I placed my order on June 5th.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:50 AM

How did you know what you could order - colors (especially interior) / options / etc?

For example, I'd like to get the CDI in 4Matic. It exists, but will it exist in the US? That's the kind of info I need to place my order.

Talbot
Old 06-23-2006, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
I would expect a date of sometime in July or late June.

Er... it IS late June.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:27 AM
LNL

C300
Originally Posted by Talbot
How did you know what you could order - colors (especially interior) / options / etc?

For example, I'd like to get the CDI in 4Matic. It exists, but will it exist in the US? That's the kind of info I need to place my order.

Talbot
The dealers can configure cars now, but no base pricing has been announced.

The CDI/Bluetec will not be available in the US with 4matic for 2007, unless MBUSA decides to bring it in.

Lou
Old 06-23-2006, 08:56 AM

Harley-Davidson

Talbot
Your dealer can show you (on StarTek) all the colors, options, and packages available as well as the prices of everything EXCEPT the base price of the vehicle. You can assume a small price increase over last year's CDI. MSRP has not been announced yet for the 2007 E-Class.

There is not a CDI 4-Matic available in the U.S. at this time. Why do you want to have four wheel drive in Alabama, anyway?

(edit - I meant to say NetStar, not StarTek. It was early in the morning.)

Last edited by cyclerider; 06-23-2006 at 11:01 AM.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Originally Posted by cyclerider
Your dealer can show you (on StarTek) all the colors, options, and packages available as well as the prices of everything EXCEPT the base price of the vehicle. You can assume a small price increase over last year's CDI. MSRP has not been announced yet for the 2007 E-Class.

There is not a CDI 4-Matic available in the U.S. at this time. Why do you want to have four wheel drive in Alabama, anyway?
Its not StarTek, its NetStar.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:48 AM

Harley-Davidson
Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
Its not StarTek, its NetStar.
Of course you are correct. My mistake.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:43 AM

Your dealer can show you (on StarTek) all the colors, options, and packages available as well as the prices of everything EXCEPT the base price of the vehicle.
Obviously, I need a new dealer. Or at least a new sales rep.

We like to go muddin' down here. Just kidding. My S4 has quattro, and I love it. With some "spirited driving" it really makes a huge difference in grip.
Also, you might be surprised just how often that extra traction comes in really handy when you're driving in a huge downpour (read: rains from nearby hurricanes). Really though, the MB is for my wife and she hates how her FWD Honda spins and slips in the rain - so it just seems logical to try AWD. It isn't a dealbreaker, but it'd be nice.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:54 AM

Harley-Davidson
. . . the MB is for my wife and she hates how her FWD Honda spins and slips in the rain - so it just seems logical to try AWD. It isn't a dealbreaker, but it'd be nice.
We get lots of rain here in Oregon. You will find that a RWD E-Class won't spin and slip in the rain like a FWD Honda.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:21 PM

11 ML350W2 / 17 GLC300
I will second the opinion that the RWD W211 handles fine in the wet. The only time you may notice the traction control kicking in is if there is running water on the road and you are going TOO fast. The yellow triangle will light up and wink at you and you don't even realize that you could be hydroplaneing. That is an indication that you might consider slowing down. I never even felt that I had lost even steering control. I believe that the 4-matic would do the same thing. If you persist in driving fast, and the traction controls system is sensing wheel slipage, the system will cut the throttle until traction is regained.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:17 PM
ON PROBATION

A LOT of wet handling is your tires, period. But hundreds of thousands of people with MBZ's have praised the ability of MBZ's ESP and the other engineering in these cars for the ability to 'weather' wet weather just fine.

I do MBZ's -with good tires - in all kinds of bad weather and I have never had a problem, anywhere.

Yes, for snow and ice the demands are greater than you regularly want to face with a RWD MBZ -- but for that they make quite a few cars with AWD/4-Matic.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:57 PM

Thanks for all of the input on this.

Talbot
Old 06-23-2006, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Tesla Model S P100D
Obviously, I need a new dealer. Or at least a new sales rep.

We like to go muddin' down here. Just kidding. My S4 has quattro, and I love it. With some "spirited driving" it really makes a huge difference in grip.
Also, you might be surprised just how often that extra traction comes in really handy when you're driving in a huge downpour (read: rains from nearby hurricanes). Really though, the MB is for my wife and she hates how her FWD Honda spins and slips in the rain - so it just seems logical to try AWD. It isn't a dealbreaker, but it'd be nice.
I agree with you there. I live in Washington DC and though snow isn't a major issue here, I wouldn't consider a MB without 4Matic. It's a safety issue. I realize tires make a difference but 4MATIC is certainly safer than RWD in adverse weather. I just don't want to compromise on safety in any way when spending so much. MB should bring the CDI 4Matic to the US!
Old 06-23-2006, 07:02 PM

07' CLK63 designo Graphite/Black; 07' E350 Sport White/Cashmere
Originally Posted by WEBSRFR
I agree with you there. I live in Washington DC and though snow isn't a major issue here, I wouldn't consider a MB without 4Matic. It's a safety issue. I realize tires make a difference but 4MATIC is certainly safer than RWD in adverse weather. I just don't want to compromise on safety in any way when spending so much. MB should bring the CDI 4Matic to the US!
Please

Email or call MBusa with your request. I called 2 weeks ago about the same.
More voices always helps.

Jim