E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

HELP: How Much Is the Custom Paint Option?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 03:51 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP: How Much Is the Custom Paint Option?

Hello,

I am actually looking at the CLS but thought it would be better to ask in this much more active forum.

The color I am interested in is light metallic blue. Would order it if the cost is "reasonable."

Does anyone know how much it costs to add a factory custom paint option?

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:56 PM
ON PROBATION

Between a thousand and two thousand dollars in the USA. On most cars it is between a thousand and 1600 dollars.

Get the car in the color you want -- that's what I always do.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
I custom ordered my car exactly the way I wanted it. I can't see spending that kind of money and not FINALLY getting exactly what I wanted. Been there, done that. It doesn't "quench the thirst".
Old 06-23-2006, 05:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by cannga
Does anyone know how much it costs to add a factory custom paint option?
As per mbusa.com – Build Your Own:

If you select a Special Order interior or exterior color, option or combination of both, you will automatically be charged a one time fee of $1,150.00.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:13 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by konigstiger
As per mbusa.com – Build Your Own:

If you select a Special Order interior or exterior color, option or combination of both, you will automatically be charged a one time fee of $1,150.00.
Hello Dan,

Thank you for your help. I will of course check with dealer but would like to "arm" myself with info here first. Next question please, and to be more specific:
I would like my CLS 550 to be in Horizon Blue (available for the CL and S, I think), is it just a simple matter of telling the dealer that's the color I want at the time of ordering and pay the extra 1100 when the car arrives?

Thanks again.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
You have to go to the MBUSA website car configurator, and select from the listed choices for the model you want to get. Just because an item (or color) is available in one model, doesn't mean its available in another. Packages may vary between different models because certain items may be standard on one model, but an option on another.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by cannga
Hello Dan, Thank you for your help. I will of course check with dealer but would like to "arm" myself with info here first. Next question please, and to be more specific: I would like my CLS 550 to be in Horizon Blue (available for the CL and S, I think), is it just a simple matter of telling the dealer that's the color I want at the time of ordering and pay the extra 1100 when the car arrives? Thanks again.
I have not personally done this however, as previously stated according to mbusa.com the $1150 is added to the total cost of the vehicle and due upon delivery of vehicle. If, in fact, the color you want is already available on other MB models as you say I assume it can be ordered on any model. Why not simply email a dealer?

Forum sponsors:

Glauser – Greg
gweiler@glausermb.com

House of Imports – Marcus
marcus_benz@hotmail.com

MB of South Bay – John
http://www.sbmercedes.com/dealers/so...Page=contactus
Old 06-27-2006, 06:12 PM
ON PROBATION

Crystal clear time:

You can order virtually any MBZ color that has ever been used on a MBZ to be the exterior color of your new MBZ as a Special Order. The option code is PA-1.

This will add an additional fee of between $1000 and $3000 USD in my experience to the total price of the vehicle; and will add a few weeks to the production timeframe for your vehicle (I suppose because they have to fit it into production and provide for the special paint color to be produced or pulled out of warehouse and loaded into the sprayer?).

I have paid as much as $3000 USD in the past; perhaps currently it is only the $1150 charge amount as they have settled on that as their charge for this option.

I have done this a bunch of times in the past, and I am doing this again with a bunch of cars this year.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

'71 Pinto
There you have it, a moment of clarity! Thanks.

Last edited by konigstiger; 06-27-2006 at 06:52 PM.