E350 warped rotors @ 8k miles....??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 C250 sport
Originally Posted by KYBENZ
Sounds like that service dept. is run by a real butthole. If the sales manager knew how he was alienating potential sales customers I am sure he would NOT be happy. As far as the manager saying MB would not like seeing the heat marks on the rotors, what a load. My biggest concern at this point would be what did cause the rotors to "warp". If you are driving the way you say, which I believe, then what is going to keep it from happening again.
I can not recall one time where I have given out rotors at that low of a mileage unless there was an underlying problem,i.e. stuck caliper. Were both rotors bad or just one? Safety is something that MB takes VERY seriously and so should that service manager. God forbid that there is a problem with your braking system and the dealer decided to blame you. Warranty will pay the dealer to check out the brake system to determine why the rotors "warped".
If the rotor were that weak I am sure that I would see numerous cases of warpage just due to the amount of seniors I see in the new cars. (No offense intended). I have not seen one case of this so far. Good Luck!!!
ya, well it turns out that ALL 4 rotors were warped. what sucks is our dealer never went farther than saying it has to be from the way the car is driven, so they never checked further to see if there was actually a problem with the braking system, which there could be since every rotor was warped, not just the front. So if this happens again there will be an even bigger problem on our hands if there is an actual problem with the braking system....
Old 07-31-2006, 01:53 PM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
2003 E500, 2004 G35X
MB dealers not only have a habit of blaming on the customers for something happened to car, but hope the customer would just go away when they get brushed off by the dealers. It pays to be persistant with the dealers!
Old 07-31-2006, 10:13 PM

Lucky you that you got the dealership to cover you.

Ive had soo many problems with my W211 and brakes its ridiculous.

At 11K miles, I had to change the rear rotors and pads. At 29K I had to change the front rotors and pads. At 36K I had to change the front pads and rotors again.

I had question this rareity in my opinion after owning many different types of vehicles that I had to change brake rotors and pads at such little miles. I had a E46 BMW 325ci with over 65K and never had to change either front or rear brakes but with my W211 I had to change them 3 times already. Not to say the least all the service campaigns, defective parts, recalls Ive had to take it in over the past times.

I heard that the newer MBZ did away with the SBC brake system. Any truth to that?
Old 07-31-2006, 10:41 PM

Harley-Davidson
Originally Posted by mbzw211
. . . I heard that the newer MBZ did away with the SBC brake system. Any truth to that?
Yes, for 2007 the SBC is gone. They have proper brakes once again.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
Originally Posted by mbzw211
Lucky you that you got the dealership to cover you.

Ive had soo many problems with my W211 and brakes its ridiculous.

At 11K miles, I had to change the rear rotors and pads. At 29K I had to change the front rotors and pads. At 36K I had to change the front pads and rotors again.

I had question this rareity in my opinion after owning many different types of vehicles that I had to change brake rotors and pads at such little miles. I had a E46 BMW 325ci with over 65K and never had to change either front or rear brakes but with my W211 I had to change them 3 times already. Not to say the least all the service campaigns, defective parts, recalls Ive had to take it in over the past times.

I heard that the newer MBZ did away with the SBC brake system. Any truth to that?
With these issues and Mercedes not providing service manuals that you can buy, you have to consider what vehicle you purchase for replacement.
"The cost of poor quality and service is unknown and unknowable" You will never know how much it cost you in profit when you give poor quality and service to a customer. In todays time with the email,, internet and word of mouth it doesn't take much to kill a car. Edsel, Desoto, Corvair, Yugo, Oldsmobile, and who will be next. Jim
Old 08-01-2006, 09:00 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
03 E320 -wife's car now; 07 Porsche Boxster S - my toy
Originally Posted by vettdvr
With these issues and Mercedes not providing service manuals that you can buy, you have to consider what vehicle you purchase for replacement.
"The cost of poor quality and service is unknown and unknowable" You will never know how much it cost you in profit when you give poor quality and service to a customer. In todays time with the email,, internet and word of mouth it doesn't take much to kill a car. Edsel, Desoto, Corvair, Yugo, Oldsmobile, and who will be next. Jim
Jim,

I'm also wondering about the future of MB, and how much more "mileage" they can get from their name. I guess the new status symbol saying of owning an MB is "I can afford this expensive car, and can afford all the maintenance costs of everything failing on these cars!"

My 03 E320 has been relatively "well-behaved" but I would think twice about buying another MB. Hopefully, things will improve at MB but we'll have to wait and see.

Regards,
paul...
Old 08-01-2006, 09:45 AM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
2003 E500, 2004 G35X
I'm also wondering about the future of MB, and how much more "mileage" they can get from their name. I guess the new status symbol saying of owning an MB is "I can afford this expensive car, and can afford all the maintenance costs of everything failing on these cars!"

My 03 E320 has been relatively "well-behaved" but I would think twice about buying another MB. Hopefully, things will improve at MB but we'll have to wait and see.

Regards,
paul...[/QUOTE]
I, for one, will not buy another MB until they get their act together......... reliability issue. As long as uninformed buyers continue to buy MB, there is no urgency for MB to fix the problem. This is particularly true in the third-world countries. People in those countries are not informed of the built issues of MB. Even if they are informed, they tend to ignore it. The rich in those countries buy the MB because it is the status symbol and MB knows it well!

When will Lexus come up with a good looking car! Lexus is as exciting as Camry to look at!