BLUETEC® Mercedes cars are a bit less exclusive now... 2007+

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 09:26 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E320 CDI
Thumbs up Bluetec in Jeep is great news

This is great news and I applaud DC for puting this in a jeep. We americans are just catching a clue to the benefits of diesel that whose reputation was ruined here for several years(thanks GM). I love my CDI and these diesels make perfect sense in SUV's for the fuel ecomnomy and torque and the fact that they can do it now with the new EPA rules is simply amazing. Mercedes and us as consumers will benefit from the technology sharing and economy of scale this adds to these engines being used in higher volume vehicles.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:00 PM

2007 ML320 CDI, 2008 Smart ForTwo
Wow! This has turned into a b*tch brunch, you all just need to get over it enjoy your cars and if you have nothing nice to say dont say it at all.
Old 08-12-2006, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
Perhaps us "Gasoline" guys buy are cars for different reasons than you diesel heads, but MB's engine plant was only a small part of the decision making process in deciding what to purchase for me.... Suspension, fit and finish, advanced technology, options, saftey and body style also come into play when I purchase a car. Because Jeep shares and engine using MB's technology doesn't make it an MB.... And as far as image goes....well, perhaps these people need to get their priorities straightened out.
Old 08-12-2006, 11:31 AM

Harley-Davidson
Hey Vince, so does this mean I can't put a 3 point star on the hood of my new Jeep Grand Cherokee? Damn, I was looking forward to being the coolest guy on my street.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Just to raise a little hell... What if Chrysler products came with the white windshield signature sticker that said something like "A Daimler Product", like ours do. Do you think the vehicles would be perceived differently?
Old 08-12-2006, 01:23 PM

08 E320 Bluetec
I understand the poster's concerns about exclusivity . . . but I'm more worried about the Diesel aspect. Now EVERYBODY is going to have them. Out of a 44 gallon barrel of oil, you get 21 to 29 gallons of gasoline and 9 gallons of Diesel. They can probably tweak that somewhat . . . how much, I'm not sure. But factor in that trucks and trains and farms have always used A LOT of Diesel . . . The cars and light trucks running on Diesel are a mere drop in the bucket . . . today. "Tomorrow" will be interesting.

And they're taking all of the fun out of the fuel! It's no longer cheaper and probably never will be again. The cars are doing well with the mileage but only 19-24 on the Cherokee? That means the ML320CDI and R320CDI will get around that and OH MAN . . .what will the GL get? I sure hope that 19-24 figure is wrong!! 7000 pound Ford and Dodge pickups get mileage close to that. I was hoping the mid sized SUV's would get a little more!