E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

E550 4matic 1/4 mile timeslips and video: Someone PLEASE run their 550 and post ASAP.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 249 Likes on 158 Posts
2023 EQS 580
This is a funny thread.

I own a 4matic E550 and I got laughed at by a guy driving a G35.
It was embarrassing to say the least.
The guy laughing at me was probably the OP TT C6

From about 40mph jumping on some highway in Phoenix. We both gun in at the same time I pull on him and started to walk him then the car gives up on me at 130 and the G35 pulls away with the driver laughing his @ss off. He was laughing so hard I thought he might die from laughter.
Stupid Speed Gov.

I posted this before so I have already heard all the old fuddy duddies comments about "hey sonny you shouldn’t be driving that fast in public"
Old 03-13-2011, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz C300 4matic 1967 Chevelle SS
Well, since all of our Benzes cost way more than a G35 or a G37, even my C class was $48k with options, then we all could obviously buy the Infiniti if we wanted to; we chose Benz for a reason. The reason is simple, as Benz themselves would put it, "The best or nothing" !
Old 03-13-2011, 09:41 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Originally Posted by 4maticbenz
I never said that the C300 was fast, I said it took a G35 on the highway and I kept up with a Mustang GT, end of story. I will try out an E350 loaner also next time my car is in for service, just to remind myself how I was not stupid enough to buy one, and if I did how I could easily afford an E550, why buy the car with a slower engine, can we say,,, broke??? Cant afford the extra $$$ A MONTH??? lmfao!!! I chose the C300 for its looks and because it was awd, it turns heads and gets compliments where ever I go. I could buy a SL65 AMG if I wanted to, but I wanted this car. In your case, it sounds like you couldnt afford a better car, so you squeazed into what you could and now need to brag about it, and try to insult someone who has a lower class than yours, this shows your insecurity, immaturity and lack of funds. Oh yea, my C300 can still keep up with or beat your car, LMFAO!!!! ps-its 228 to the wheels you moron, this isnt the 60's where its gross HP, its sae net!
Dude, WHAT?! Should I refrain from poking more fun at you, because you have a mental disability?

228 HP NOT HP to the wheels. Your car will probably make about 140 to the wheels via a 4-Matic, and maybe 160 if it was 2WD. I know an E350 4Matic made 185 HP to the wheels.

Stop trying to make yourself feel better by purchasing the cheapest Benz possible, by way of talking all this money crap. I don't care what you can afford, and you shouldn't worry about what I can or can't afford.

Your car will get embarrassed by a Mustang GT, and Infinite G37.

If you're gauging which Benz is better than the other, by which one hits the 1/4 mile faster, you're wasting your money, and you're into the brand for the wrong reasons. You did give me a laugh though by claiming that one wastes their money on a *MERCEDES SEDAN* because it doesn't beat the smaller, less luxurious model, which with equal motors is quicker due to being lighter.... In a drag race or moronic highway race.

Last edited by K-A; 03-13-2011 at 09:46 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Originally Posted by K-A
Dude, WHAT?! Should I refrain from poking more fun at you, because you have a mental disability?...
K-A, the MBW Moderators insist you henceforth cease personal attacks.
Of course you’re welcome to argue fallacious posts from your learned AMG perspective.

Note it’s incumbent upon all members to remain in full compliance with this site’s Terms of Use,
with which we’ve all agreed upon joining this forum, should they expect ongoing participation privileges.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by K-A
Dude, WHAT?! Should I refrain from poking more fun at you, because you have a mental disability?

228 HP NOT HP to the wheels. Your car will probably make about 140 to the wheels via a 4-Matic, and maybe 160 if it was 2WD. I know an E350 4Matic made 185 HP to the wheels.

Stop trying to make yourself feel better by purchasing the cheapest Benz possible, by way of talking all this money crap. I don't care what you can afford, and you shouldn't worry about what I can or can't afford.

Your car will get embarrassed by a Mustang GT, and Infinite G37.

If you're gauging which Benz is better than the other, by which one hits the 1/4 mile faster, you're wasting your money, and you're into the brand for the wrong reasons. You did give me a laugh though by claiming that one wastes their money on a *MERCEDES SEDAN* because it doesn't beat the smaller, less luxurious model, which with equal motors is quicker due to being lighter.... In a drag race or moronic highway race.
SAE gross power
Prior to the 1972 model year, American automakers rated and advertised their engines in brake horsepower (bhp), frequently referred to as SAE gross horsepower, because it was measured in accord with the protocols defined in SAE standards J245 and J1995. As with other brake horsepower test protocols, SAE gross hp was measured using a stock test engine, generally running with few belt-driven accessories and sometimes fitted with long tube (test headers) in lieu of the OEM exhaust manifolds. The atmospheric correction standards for barometric pressure, humidity and temperature for testing were relatively idealistic.
SAE net power

In the United States, the term bhp fell into disuse in 1971-72, as automakers began to quote power in terms of SAE net horsepower in accord with SAE standard J1349. Like SAE gross and other brake horsepower protocols, SAE Net hp is measured at the engine's crankshaft, and so does not account for transmission losses. However, the SAE net power testing protocol calls for standard production-type belt-driven accessories, air cleaner, emission controls, exhaust system, and other power-consuming accessories. This produces ratings in closer alignment with the power produced by the engine as it is actually configured and sold.

Ah, K-A, the fun never ceases, lol! You call a C class cheap, yet you buy an E class that is only barely one step above a C, and act like you have a $100,000 S or something! Your E class is more a everyday, everymans Benz than the C ! The C300 will pace or outperform the E350 and it costs less and looks better doing it, not to mention it is more youthful and exuberant. And as being in it for the wrong reasons, I suppose that AMG shouldnt exist then, huh? Who dosnt boast about performance now a days? By the way, my old Benz was an E class, I learned the hard way, so I bought a C. Looks better, and saves cash, more to invest in the stock market!

We could go on all night with this debate, but the truth is this, I am right , you are wrong! I also never said a G37, I said a G35, and I didnt say a new Mustang GT with 400hp, I said a Mustang GT convertible, year either a 2003 or a 2004. And as far as SAE HP, all cars lose some thru the trans, not just an C300. If you arent into performance, then why the AMG kit on your car, and the spoiler??? Give me a break! go buy an E550 then I can at least respect you, til then, give us all a break!!! Stop trying to take my TRUE comment about keeping up with a G35 and a Mustang GT convertible on the highway into something more than it is....
Old 03-13-2011, 11:11 PM

PS- To anyone out there who wants to see first hand, go and get an C300 loaner from a dealer when your car is in for service, go to the highway, do 80 mph, then hold the gearshift over to the left and floor it, keep holding the shifter to the left the whole time; you then tell me via this post how quickly the little car gets to 130 MPH! this little car pulls like an SOB on the highway for what it is, contribute to the seven speed trans!!!
Old 03-13-2011, 11:24 PM

The 2007 Mercedes-Benz C Class was awarded Car of the Year in Australia by Wheels Magazine, edging out the Ford Mondeo and Mazda 2 for the award.[44] It was also awarded "Executive Car Of The Year" by Top Gear Magazine for the 2007 Top Gear Awards as well as being awarded 2007–08 Japan's Import Car of the Year in late 2007.

They are talking about the 2008 redesign, not a 2007.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
[a] C300..pulls like a SOB on the highway...
Easy now, I wouldn't go that far.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:49 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by splinter
K-A, the MBW Moderators insist you henceforth cease personal attacks.
Of course you’re welcome to argue fallacious posts from your learned AMG perspective.

Note it’s incumbent upon all members to remain in full compliance with this site’s Terms of Use,
with which we’ve all agreed upon joining this forum, should they expect ongoing participation privileges.
Understood, but I find it interesting that you pick apart my line up there, when he's said far more offensive "name-calls" and "personal attacks". Why am I the only one getting Moderator love?

Last I checked, I wasn't talking about how much money I or another member has, or calling someone elses car a piece of crap. Our friend in the C300 seems to be pretty interested in me and my car though, so maybe I should be flattered?

Last edited by K-A; 03-14-2011 at 01:05 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:51 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Who dosnt boast about performance now a days?
I dunno, maybe people with C300 4Matics? Or maybe people who just don't give a crap about that stuff that may be unimportant and meaningless to them?

If you arent into performance, then why the AMG kit on your car, and the spoiler???
Because AMG Kits and Spoilers add HP, and are used for performance only right?

Done with this nonsense. I can get a better and more respectable "debate" from the Justin Bieber Forums.

Keep eating up your own facetious reasons to love your car.

Last edited by K-A; 03-14-2011 at 01:22 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Tesla Model S P100D
When is this thread going to die?

Old 03-14-2011, 02:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
300E a couple 1994 w124wagon E320 Wagon/,1971MGB Track/Rally, MG Midget Autocross ,2000 E320 wagon.
It will end

when the kid with the C300 understands that a 4matic with tops 190hp to the wheels won't even touch a G35 45 MORE HP ALMOST 50 LB FT of torque
Not even close unless the driver of the G35 was sleeping at the wheel or toying with the 300 4 matic. Probably both THE MUSTANG MUST HAVE BEEN THE 190HP v6
Any Mercedes from 80mph to limit will surprise someone that doesn't really know what a quick car really is.
No need to resort to calling in the mental disabilities or Moron aspersions. He's from Jersey so it will be nearly impossible to argue him into submission
It's 228 hp at the crank BTW.
Now the thread can be put to rest.

Last edited by ohlord; 03-14-2011 at 03:02 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:04 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by ohlord
when the kid with the C300 understands that a 4matic with tops 190hp to the wheels won't even touch a G35 45 MORE HP ALMOST 50 LB FT of torque
Not even close unless the driver of the G35 was sleeping at the wheel or toying with the 300 4 matic. Probably both
Any Mercedes from 80mph to limit will surprise someone that doesn't really know what a quick car really is.
No need to resort to calling in the mental disabilities or Moron aspersions. He's from Jersey so it will be nearly impossible to argue him into submission
Hahaha, good Post. (I particularly find the Jersey quip to be of utmost truth!) I think our friend was vehemently pedal to the metal, giddy at "beating a G35", while the G35 owner was simply in "Cruise Control", sipping a latte.

I guarantee that a 4-Matic C300 will see less than 190HP to the wheels, by a longshot. We have a Member here who posted an E350 4-Matic to have 18x to the wheels, and of course that's the 268 motor (TO THE CRANK!!)

M-B's drivetrains seem to sap lots of power, at least to someone who used to talk all day long about Muscle Cars (obviously much more simplified, which should be a contributing factor). Add 4 Wheel Drive into that, and you're looking at a LOT of power being sapped from the wheels.

Now, do I care about HP, when talking Benzes, or many cars? Nope. Do I care which car is faster? Do I think performance validates a car like a Mercedes? Nope. But truth is truth, and ignorance is bliss (but should be called out). Not to mention, someone racing well into the triple digit speeds on public roads, is.... well, let's not go there.

Now, let's end Thread. //

Last edited by K-A; 03-14-2011 at 03:11 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:51 PM

Ah, yes! Good afternoon my fellow Benz owners!!! It is good to see this debate has taken new life!!!! C300 was in S mode today, now I feel the real power; might even race my neighbors SL55 AMG!!! Ha ha, I have owned much faster cars than my C300, and slower too, C5 Vette, Hummer H2, Acura CL-S, etc. The point is simple, the C pulls hard enough on the highway to keep up with a G35 and a 2004 Mustang GT, I dont care how much more HP they have, they dont have seven gears, and they arent geared as well on the highway as the C. From a start, they would kick some C class ***, but my original post is as stands, highway, 80 MPH plus, the C300 will pull on a lot of cars if driven properly because of its gearing and its trans, the other cars are not geared as well for the highway as they are for the 1/4 mile. I do not care what any of you say, I did it, I was there. I will also challenge anyone on here with a 2004 Mustang GT stock or a G35 stock on the highway from 80 to 130, lets put the money were the mouth is, that goes for you E350 owners too! Even if you beat the car, it wont be by much. BTW, a 2004 G35 only has 260 HP; only a mere 32 HP more than the Benz, with a totally different gear ratio and power band. I never stated what year G35 I raced, it looked to be older.
And guess what??? A 2004 Mustang GT has only 260 HP as well, again, geared different. It is VERY EASY for a C300 to keep up with or beat these cars on the highway, as the stang and G are geared for off the line more so than the highway, the Benz, being German, is an autobahn car, derived from that mindset, so it naturally will exel on the highway at freeway speeds, it is a no brainer. In addition, if you look at my original post, it simply stated that I pulled on a G35 up to 134 MPH and that I stayed on a Mustang GTs ***, it never said that I beat the GT or the G35, I was then personally attacked by unintelligent comments from someone who sounds like he is afraid to go over 65 MPH, so how would he even know?

Anyway, my offer stands, who wants to put thier money where there mouth is, as they say, "Put up, or shut up!"

Last edited by 4maticbenz; 03-14-2011 at 07:56 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by splinter
Easy now, I wouldn't go that far.
You left out the part where I said "for what it is", being a C class.
For a C, it does pull well!
Old 03-14-2011, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by ohlord
Not even close unless the driver of the G35 was sleeping at the wheel or toying with the 300 4 matic. Probably both THE MUSTANG MUST HAVE BEEN THE 190HP v6

Hows that 300E treatin you on the highway, there buddy?? Again, a post from someone whos car is slower than mine, like the guy with the E350.
Cant someone with a faster car than mine post something so it would at least be plausible??? So far, I got a guy with a E350 wanna be AMG who is afraid to go over 60 MPH and a guy with an antique calling me out ?!?!?! LMFAO!!!!! Get real , guys! PLEASE!!!! LOL!!!

Last edited by 4maticbenz; 03-14-2011 at 08:31 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:18 PM

BTW, a trans and transfer case will not sap up over 40 HP unless built by an idiot, you guys have probably never even seen a dyno let alone had a car on one, all cars lose some thru the drivetrain, but the sae net HP rating is with all accessories and exhaust hooked to it, so it dosnt lose as much as gross HP rating. car prob. getting well over 200hp to the wheels, will hit 0-60MPH in seven seconds, quarter mile in 15.8 at 90 mph, by Mercedes own saying, not mine. a 3527 lb car with 190 HP would never be able to hit that, period. ( A 3400 lb Honda Accord with 190 HP at the crank, as you say, is 8.2 sec to 60 MPH and runs the quarter in 16.4, so explain that.The benz is 127lb heavier, and hits 0-60 1.2 sec quicker, and has AWD, ??? Just goes to show you about gearing!!!
Old 03-14-2011, 08:58 PM

The C300’s drive train is shocking. I remember this engine from the C280. Paired with a five-speed auto, it was wretchedly pedestrian. Sampling this new application is like finding a Franklin in a jacket pocket. Hooked-up to Benz’s seven-speed cog-swapper, the mill churns out a modest (by today’s standards) 230 horses. But the V6’ in-gear acceleration is such that it made me doubt the necessity of the 270 horsepower C350. With a zero-to-60mph sprint time in the low seven second range, the C300 reeks of expectation exceeding. Car and Driver adds the C300 is “powerful enough to make short work of tight passing situations as well as sorting out everyday traffic." Mercedes-Benz quotes a 0-60 mph time of 7.1 seconds for the C300, and rated at a 130-mph top speed. Consumer Guide says they’re “credible,” though, and reports the performance “is stronger at all speeds, particularly in highway passing." "PARTICULARLY IN HIGHWAY PASSING???" HMMM, LOL!

Nuff said, now the end of the thread!

Last edited by 4maticbenz; 03-14-2011 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:35 PM

08 E550
winner, winner...chicken dinner

Originally Posted by K-A
little troll
Old 03-14-2011, 10:50 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=yZWTwHosyWQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=MWkhocuBr_Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VaCh...yer_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r73a...yer_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdhWp...yer_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDHkR...yer_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=lSYkyb_eYao

This last video kinda reminds me of how my C300 pulled on that G35 and that Mustang GT Convertible....ah, the memories!!!

Last edited by 4maticbenz; 03-14-2011 at 11:18 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:25 PM

Cool I won ! Yea :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32XeT...yer_detailpage

Goodnight everybody, even you, K-A!

Last edited by 4maticbenz; 03-14-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 249 Likes on 158 Posts
2023 EQS 580
Wait a sec. Is 4maticbenz and the OP the same person?
Old 03-15-2011, 01:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300E a couple 1994 w124wagon E320 Wagon/,1971MGB Track/Rally, MG Midget Autocross ,2000 E320 wagon.
Someone still fails

to understand at the crank and to the wheels.
228 sae is at the crank at best put your mouth where you think your money is and toss that C300 onto a dyno you lose 17% at worse 25%. to the wheels.
Since you are good at bench racing and never been on a track.
Here is one of the better accepted close to real world et calculators
http://robrobinette.com/et.htm
punch in 3550 lbs (closer to 3750 loaded)
228 to the crank log the estimate
now punch in 190 to the wheels.Within a stones throw?
190 hp honda maybe 160 to the wheels. Run the calc. on the honda and compare to your published data.
C5 vette? Dad's Hummer?

You do understand that 15.8 1/4 mile is a joke don't you?
Bragging up a high 15 second slug is pretty lame. Time to put it to rest
Are you 19? Get your dick out of your hand,come back down to earth.
Now the thread can be put to rest. Wait I forgot you're from Jersey
Nuff said

Last edited by ohlord; 03-15-2011 at 02:04 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Tjdehya

Originally Posted by Tjdehya
Wait a sec. Is 4maticbenz and the OP the same person?
Can't possibly be. He wasn't even born yet
Old 03-15-2011, 03:44 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Blah, blah blah, I have drastic buyers remorse, so I make believe my car is something it's staunchly not, to make myself feel better, blah blah blah
Listen, Chip.

I didn't read any of your long and trying-so-hard posts, and I didn't watch any of those Video's after I realized the first two consist of footages of losers racing their snails on the streets.

You're making life more entertaining, so keep 'em coming anyway, at least it gives you something to do.

YEAHHH!! JERZZEYY!!

Last edited by K-A; 03-15-2011 at 03:48 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E550 4matic 1/4 mile timeslips and video: Someone PLEASE run their 550 and post ASAP.