E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

About to do some modification to my car... woohooo.. help/advice will be appreciated

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 11:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 Sport AMG Package
About to do some modification to my car... woohooo.. help/advice will be appreciated

Hey guys,

I own a 2004 W211 E320 w/ AMG Sport package option included
so It comes with AMG spoliers, mufflers, AMG wheels with "sport" strips in both left and right side of the cars as you guys usuallnya says "side" emblems..

now, I have bought
20" 3-pieces wheels 20x8.5 (front) and 20x10 (rear)
with 245/35/20(for front) and 275/30/30 (for rear) tires
new drills rotors set of 4
and H&R sport springs

now I have 2 questions that has been bugging me now while I'm waiting those my packages to arrive..
I have been reading some postings saying that my car doesnt come with springs but it comes with airmatic thinggy or something.. but there was people saying that it's only applies for E500 cars and E55 or E320 with "appeariance" package
so since I'm qualified for none of these above so I thought I would be come with springs, so I dont know until I bring my car to workshop to lower it, does it? or if anyone know please tell me so that I can refund my spring and start do somrthing about it... since if when all my pacakages arrive I coud be a very impatient man and willing to do mods or go to workshop in the sameday when the package arrive lol

2nd question..
and some people says my car is already lowered since I have the amg package so if I change it with H&R spring will not make any difference is this true? or please tell me this is not...
I wanna slamn my car.... hehehe...

thanks people
help me and show my mistakes...
Old 11-24-2006, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
The Airmatic is a OPTION on the W211 E320 (IF) you have it you WILL have a Button on the shift wood with a car on the button with arrows (up/down)

If Not You have the standard set up Springs

YES the H/R springs WILL Lower it more than the stock sport set up..

I Would NOT SLAM it as every W211 W 20s I have seen the front fenders were damaged from the set up...
Old 11-24-2006, 01:04 PM
Almost a Member!

i have the amg sport package as well and i'm pretty sure you have springs and not airmatic as it was not available with the amg sport package setup.....

i also just lowered it with h&r springs over the "sport suspension" springs that were on the car and was unsure whether it would drop it enough for me to notice since the amg sport package was supposed to be a little lower than those without the amg sport package......

after the install, the rear went down nicely (fender is even with the tire on 19" rims)....but the front looks about the same as before..(about a 2 finger gap)..

overall, i think the springs were worth the money..
Old 11-24-2006, 01:09 PM

W211 Sport AMG Package
Originally Posted by MARK CUMMINS
The Airmatic is a OPTION on the W211 E320 (IF) you have it you WILL have a Button on the shift wood with a car on the button with arrows (up/down)

If Not You have the standard set up Springs

YES the H/R springs WILL Lower it more than the stock sport set up..

I Would NOT SLAM it as every W211 W 20s I have seen the front fenders were damaged from the set up...

yEA I have a button in my shift stick, but it's actually for my "keyless go" wireless button.. where it says "Engine ON/OFF"

hehehe..

thank you for your info, appreciate it now I can use my already ordered H&R sport spring for sure... wooohoooo...
YEA YEA I AM going to slamn it to the grouunnddd... brr....

Last edited by Elite; 11-24-2006 at 01:14 PM.
Old 11-24-2006, 01:12 PM

W211 Sport AMG Package
Originally Posted by stlee
i have the amg sport package as well and i'm pretty sure you have springs and not airmatic as it was not available with the amg sport package setup.....

i also just lowered it with h&r springs over the "sport suspension" springs that were on the car and was unsure whether it would drop it enough for me to notice since the amg sport package was supposed to be a little lower than those without the amg sport package......

after the install, the rear went down nicely (fender is even with the tire on 19" rims)....but the front looks about the same as before..(about a 2 finger gap)..

overall, i think the springs were worth the money..
thanks for telling me.. any pics perhaps....

since you have the same exact car as mine, I want to see the drop I will get for my kinda car..

thanks man, appreciate it tho...
Old 11-24-2006, 01:16 PM
Almost a Member!

no problem.....i just installed the springs 2 days ago, so i havent had a chance to take pics yet....

but u said you're putting 20's on, so i found a pic of cc350's car in the w211 picture thread and he has 20's with h&r springs..the link to his post is below, so i think that would look closer to what your car would look like....

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....&postcount=512
Old 11-24-2006, 01:20 PM

W211 Sport AMG Package
no problem.....i just installed the springs 2 days ago, so i havent had a chance to take pics yet....

but u said you're putting 20's on, so i found a pic of cc350's car in the w211 picture thread and he has 20's with h&r springs..the link to his post is below, so i think that would look closer to what your car would look like....

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....&postcount=512
Waow that's a very nice car, and I think the drop is evenly nice for the front and for the rear drop, I mean they are NICE!

he uses H&R spring too rite? why the drop is perfect, and why did you get the drop that arent like this, I thought you said we have the same config.. of cars change stock into H&R springs..

and how much do you pay for lowering your car with H&R

just help me to get the idea how much people going to rip me off.. lol
Old 11-24-2006, 01:31 PM
Almost a Member!

yes, its very nice, the drop is perfect.....

i also found another member with 20's and h&r springs in the w211 picture thread as well....i did a lot of research so that's how i remember all these cars..lol

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....&postcount=541

that drop looks awesome as well...

i think my drop in the front is not flush with the tire because im only running 19's and not 20's..also the tire size might have something to do with it as well..not sure?

i paid $375 installed with h&r springs...i had a place quoted for $350 installed, but i would have had to wait until MONDAY to do the install, so i went with the place that did it for $375 since i don't have time next week
Old 11-24-2006, 01:38 PM

W211 Sport AMG Package
yes, its very nice, the drop is perfect.....

i also found another member with 20's and h&r springs in the w211 picture thread as well....i did a lot of research so that's how i remember all these cars..lol

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....&postcount=541

that drop looks awesome as well...

i think my drop in the front is not flush with the tire because im only running 19's and not 20's..also the tire size might have something to do with it as well..not sure?

i paid $375 installed with h&r springs...i had a place quoted for $350 installed, but i would have had to wait until MONDAY to do the install, so i went with the place that did it for $375 since i don't have time next week

so its that the price $375 including you buy the spring?

I bought the springs for $280 from tirerack, and if that so meaning your installing fee is <100

I just went to a place where they said they can install it with I provided the spring and everything and they quoted me for $300 for the work..

and where you located if I may know, I'm in columbus, OH
Old 11-24-2006, 01:56 PM
Almost a Member!

yah, $375 out the door.....the receipt says $200 for the springs,$150.50 for the labor and 16.50 for tax.....

i called around to a couple places and the highest i got was $500 for springs and the install, and around $450 was the average...$350 was the lowest and i could have gotten it for that much, but since it was the day before thanksgiving, they couldnt do the install, so i went with $375 installed, same day.....they even went to pick up the springs while i was sitting there waiting....i was out in less than 2 hours...

i'm in Los Angeles.....
Old 11-24-2006, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E500 Sport
If you plan on slamming your car, you better get the right sized tires first. If not, you'll be rubbing all day.

The tires you have now are too tall. Correct tire sizes for a 20" rim are 245/30/20 and 285/25/20