E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Options questions on 07 E350 Sport

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 01:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 ML500, '07 E350 Sport (wife's)
Question Options questions on 07 E350 Sport

Planning on purchasing new 07 E350 Sport soon. Very excited, although it will be for my wife. Looking through brochure and online, can the 4zone climate control be ordered and also the ventilated seats. With the standard climate control are there vents in the rear seat area (just w/o controls?)? Appears only available on the E550 which is not in the budget. Also, we have very narrow garage door openings. Apparently there is no option on the E for folding power mirrors. Thanks. Looking forward to contributing. Sorry if I've missed this somewhere.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
1. There are rear vents for the passengers in the rear, just no controls.
2. It seems as though the only sort of options on the seats for the Sport package are the Heated Seats. No more active ventilation nor 4 zone climate control.
3. Steve @ MBenzNL can get you the power folding mirrors, though I am not sure about the 2007 mirrors since they are very different.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:52 PM

'03 ML500, '07 E350 Sport (wife's)
thx for the help

Thanks. Hope to purchase (or order if needed) in the next month or so. It will be loaded with about every option but the wood wheel and panoramic roof. My wife's Volvo C70 has been a great car until this last year and we no longer have confidence in it. If the dealer can make it work, I'd like to slide out of my XC90 and into a preowned ML350 or 500, probably the old bodystyle because of price. It's been a disappointment from the start, but the dollars will determine that one, as it is much newer and has several years left on the warranty. At the time I purchased my XC90 the new ML wasn't out yet and I couldn't wait, so I took a chance on the XC, as the old ML lacked some features I was looking for. Neither is perfect, I know. We went to look at the ML after having her car towed to the dealer again. She surprised me after driving the ML and both of us liking it, that she wanted to drive the E350. The image of a Mercedes sedan had put her off, but after seeing the sport package and then driving it, she was sold. Thanks again for your help. Look forward to contributing. I've found these and other forums very helpful. Happy Holidays.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Dont pass on the wood wheel it feels SOOOOooo Good in your hand. A real quality touch.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
Originally Posted by MissMyBenz
Thanks. Hope to purchase (or order if needed) in the next month or so. It will be loaded with about every option but the wood wheel and panoramic roof. My wife's Volvo C70 has been a great car until this last year and we no longer have confidence in it. If the dealer can make it work, I'd like to slide out of my XC90 and into a preowned ML350 or 500, probably the old bodystyle because of price. It's been a disappointment from the start, but the dollars will determine that one, as it is much newer and has several years left on the warranty. At the time I purchased my XC90 the new ML wasn't out yet and I couldn't wait, so I took a chance on the XC, as the old ML lacked some features I was looking for. Neither is perfect, I know. We went to look at the ML after having her car towed to the dealer again. She surprised me after driving the ML and both of us liking it, that she wanted to drive the E350. The image of a Mercedes sedan had put her off, but after seeing the sport package and then driving it, she was sold. Thanks again for your help. Look forward to contributing. I've found these and other forums very helpful. Happy Holidays.
If you have to order, you have to fork the extra grand or so over and get P2. You will love the xenon lights, and keyless go functions. Its well worth it.

I am looking at the new Volvo S80 V8 AWD. Cant wait to drive that puppy.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:25 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
Dont pass on the wood wheel it feels SOOOOooo Good in your hand. A real quality touch.

Had to do that. Wait til the temps drop. I know, I have one. But I would never pick it again. Looks aren't everything.

My $0.02
Old 11-30-2006, 08:48 PM

Harley-Davidson
Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
If you have to order, you have to fork the extra grand or so over and get P2. You will love the xenon lights, and keyless go functions. Its well worth it. . .
P2 is an extra $1900, but I agree it is worth every penny.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:57 PM

1985 380 SL 2001 SL 500 2007 E350 Sport 2008 T & C Ltd.
Originally Posted by amdeutsch

Had to do that. Wait til the temps drop. I know, I have one. But I would never pick it again. Looks aren't everything.

My $0.02

Just posted this on another post but it's easier to just paste and click. I definitly do like the wood. However it doesn't get all that cold here. :

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....&postcount=573

Was speaking with a friend in the midwest yesterday and told him I'd make him feel bad because I was driving south on PCH at the time, 65 degrees and looking at the ocean. He says "swell", they were getting just getting hit with an ice storm that afternoon. Wood is good.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
I've had the wood wheel since Dec '03 in all weather... cold isnt a problem he in NY. However I once parked facing West & when I left work the wheel was scalding hot. I moved my hands to 9 or 3 O'cloch position till the A/C made the cabin comfortable. I still like the wood wheel better, but that's what makes Horse Racing...
Old 12-01-2006, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
We Have the Wood/Leather Wheel on the W211..I Dont care for it as When the Temps are up over 80..One does NOT want to grab the steering wheel
And It scratches from Rings...But The Wife LOVES it..

I Like the Leather / Alcantera wheel ala Safety Car/ Medical car wheel

BTW IF You Need The OE Power FOLDING Mirrors contact Steve @MBENZNL.com or S_Krabbenborg...he can get them and Install /version code the mirrors..Dont forget the EURO Convex glass!