E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

As promised, Pics of an E 06 with a 07 frontend face lift (and no hood change)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 11:00 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
09' E350, 01' Maxima SE, 93 Nissan Maxima SE, 1987 Nissan Maxima SE
i'm surprise you can do that modification without the hood change, just the bumper and grille? how did the grille fit with the exisiting hood?
Old 02-19-2007, 07:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 / E280
Originally Posted by bensitto
Do the new style bi-xenons plug in to original wiring harness or was re-wiring neccessary?
Ben,

Sorry for not answering sooner but drama's here in Jakarta as our house got neighborhood flooded with this latest round of flooding in Jakarta. Feb. 2nd we had 1/2 a meter of water in the garage and house and yes the car got it as well. Luckily Insurance is covering all, latest quote the carshop gave the insurance company to fix my car is about 8200 USD.

As for the wiring and headlights, I was told just recently by the carshop that did the upgrade that the plug for the new lights does change of course the workshop did it but he is not supported here by the wiesels at MB Indonesia. My workshop is the official Brabus and Lorinser dealer here in Jakarta so he gets alot of support from Germand and does not need MB Indonesia although he has a lot of freinds who still work for MB Indonesia and company loyalty is not a strong suit in Indonesian culture. SO not sure if he changed just the plug or the headlight wiring harness but something changed. Thought I would go down later this week to the car shop and see my car with the interior stripped down and I was ask the guy which he changed, the plug or the harness.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:54 AM

W211 / E280
Originally Posted by BenzVince
i'm surprise you can do that modification without the hood change, just the bumper and grille? how did the grille fit with the exisiting hood?

Vince, Sorry do not know the technics involved but I swear up and down I did not pay for a new hood. My workshop did it without it. Will ask this week specifics for you.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:44 PM

How about the side mirrors? Can it be change to the 07' mirrors? I am seriously thinking about the upgrade for my 04' E.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:16 AM

W211 / E280
Originally Posted by 131172
How about the side mirrors? Can it be change to the 07' mirrors? I am seriously thinking about the upgrade for my 04' E.
Yes they can and thinking about doing it this time while the car is in the shop getting retrofitted from the flood.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:08 AM
Almost a Member!

not sure if this has asked before...how much did this whole transfermation cost you?
Old 02-20-2007, 01:09 PM

I really think you should do it Jakarta Expat , it will be more complete. I am also curious about the whole cost too. Does it cost more than 10k US? Can you trade in your old parts? And I believe the parts needed to be change is the front lights, bumper, grille, rear lights, trunk panel and side mirrors right? Am I missing anything? Sorry to hear about the flood, I saw it on the news and that 75% of Jakarta was affected by the floodings. Is it really so bad? This has not been a good start to the year for Indonesia with naturnal disasters and accidents now and then. Hopefully there is no more of these in Indonesia .

Last edited by 131172; 02-20-2007 at 01:14 PM.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Its big and Grey!
wish i had tile in my garage
Old 02-20-2007, 10:20 PM

W211 / E280
Originally Posted by 131172
I really think you should do it Jakarta Expat , it will be more complete. I am also curious about the whole cost too. Does it cost more than 10k US? Can you trade in your old parts? And I believe the parts needed to be change is the front lights, bumper, grille, rear lights, trunk panel and side mirrors right? Am I missing anything? Sorry to hear about the flood, I saw it on the news and that 75% of Jakarta was affected by the floodings. Is it really so bad? This has not been a good start to the year for Indonesia with naturnal disasters and accidents now and then. Hopefully there is no more of these in Indonesia .
Yes the flood has been as bad as reported, we are still laid up in the hotel, luckily enough my insurance is picking up that cost. Yes you are correct in all the items above that I replaced and I traded in. All of the parts went to the guy the shop who did it here, cost for the whole thing was closer to USD 4000after trading in all items. But to be fair prices here are much less than what you guys pay I assume due to labor costs. Example: A MB IPOD kit for the 211 I have read here and the other forum that for installation and the kit it can run from 500 USD up to 800 USD there in the States. Whereas I paid the equivelent of USD 270 for it here, kit and installation included. Good Luck with those stealers.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:09 AM

W211 / E280
TO Bensitto and BenzVince

Bensitto,

regarding the headlamp plug, my service guy told me today that he had ordered a new plug with the lights and wired it up with that.

BenzVince,

Service guy told me that the hood and the grill have some minor play in them before you tighten them up, just have to line them up and tighten them and bobs your uncle.

Sorry it too longer than I planned to get back to both of you but just busy here, finally got down to the service guy today.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:38 PM
Banned

Cobra/E55
Very Sweet!~
Old 02-27-2007, 11:02 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
E280 W211, X5 F15, X6 F16
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat
Ben,

Sorry for not answering sooner but drama's here in Jakarta as our house got neighborhood flooded with this latest round of flooding in Jakarta. Feb. 2nd we had 1/2 a meter of water in the garage and house and yes the car got it as well. Luckily Insurance is covering all, latest quote the carshop gave the insurance company to fix my car is about 8200 USD.
Ouch ... that's painful to hear.

So what's the damage caused by the flood? did the flood get into the interior?
Old 02-28-2007, 12:52 AM

CLS55, E55 AMG
Nice. Heres mine.

Old 02-28-2007, 05:33 PM

The new headlights have different system, how you made that? How to connect new plugs? Here is mine:

Last edited by piotnt; 02-28-2007 at 05:50 PM.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:58 AM

W211 / E280
Originally Posted by MotorWerkz
Ouch ... that's painful to hear.

So what's the damage caused by the flood? did the flood get into the interior?

Yes that is what caused the 8200 USD of damage. Took out several of the electrical items including the alternator, went down and saw the car on Monday and it was totally stripped inside and they are letting it air out. SOme leather will be replaced as well as all the seats. All ordered from Germany and should land here next week and hoefully I get my car back in 2 weeks.

Same day several other places in Jakarta got hit plus the house of the guy who owns the Kentucky Fried CHicken (KFC) franchise in Indonesia. He lost a brand new SL65 and an S600 plus a couple of race cars. My shop told me his repair bill for the SL and S would be around 85,000 USD and he is so rich he never had insurance on any of his cars. At least the insurance company is covering my car.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:01 AM

W211 / E280
[QUOTE=piotnt;2049062]The new headlights have different system, how you made that? How to connect new plugs?

Yeah my shop knew about the change and ordered the new one for replacement in the car and changed it when he did the facelift.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:39 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
E280 W211, X5 F15, X6 F16
Yes that is what caused the 8200 USD of damage. Took out several of the electrical items including the alternator, went down and saw the car on Monday and it was totally stripped inside and they are letting it air out. SOme leather will be replaced as well as all the seats. All ordered from Germany and should land here next week and hoefully I get my car back in 2 weeks.
good luck, it's sad to see a nice car got damaged by flood. I would be crying myself to death if my car ever got damaged like that.

Same day several other places in Jakarta got hit plus the house of the guy who owns the Kentucky Fried CHicken (KFC) franchise in Indonesia. He lost a brand new SL65 and an S600 plus a couple of race cars. My shop told me his repair bill for the SL and S would be around 85,000 USD and he is so rich he never had insurance on any of his cars. At least the insurance company is covering my car.
he's a true baller, KFC franchise owner is very rich, he doesn't need insurance because his money can buy hundreds of those cars.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:18 AM

[QUOTE=Jakarta Expat;2050310]
Originally Posted by piotnt
The new headlights have different system, how you made that? How to connect new plugs?

Yeah my shop knew about the change and ordered the new one for replacement in the car and changed it when he did the facelift.
Can you write something more or is it secret?
Old 03-02-2007, 09:05 AM

W211 / E280
[QUOTE=piotnt;2050557]

Can you write something more or is it secret?
No secrets, I just don't know technically as we did not go in to real detail about it and I depend on lead mechanic/owner of the shop that works on my car. If you need to please feel free to call Martin at +62-21-5694-3145.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:08 AM

W211 / E280
Originally Posted by MotorWerkz
good luck, it's sad to see a nice car got damaged by flood. I would be crying myself to death if my car ever got damaged like that.

he's a true baller, KFC franchise owner is very rich, he doesn't need insurance because his money can buy hundreds of those cars.

Yeah, well that is life, no use to cry over spilt milk, it hurts but sometimes you screw and sometimes you get screwed.

Yeah Ricardo Galael has got money to burn, Indonesians love fried chicken and he rakes it in. I heard the 2 race cars he lost in the flood were worth appx. a million USD each.

Last edited by Jakarta Expat; 03-02-2007 at 09:12 AM.