E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

OEMPartsdirect issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500
OEMPartsdirect issues

I tried ordering the V60 Bluetooth puck from OEMPartsdirect.com today.
I used the paypal payment option and was charged the 276.50 for the item on my bank account that is used by paypal.

When talking to Jamie Pickard at OEM over e-mail he said that an order wasn't placed. My account was charged to someone other than Jamie; I was wondering does anyone have any solutions for my problem? I thought OEMpartsdirect was reliable as I've heard them mentioned on this site, so I am not interested in buying anything from them in the future unless my problem is fixed up. What annoys me more however is that everytime I call their number (866)-293-1864 all I get is an answering machine.

What should I do? thanks for any help.
I attached part of my paypal receipt below.

Transaction Details

Shopping Cart Payment Sent (ID # 1N871809CY5870639)

Original Transaction
Date Type Status Details Amount
Feb. 5, 2007 Payment To John McClure Unclaimed ... -$276.50 USD

Related Transaction
Date Type Status Details Amount
Feb. 5, 2007 Charge From Credit Card Completed Details $276.50 USD

Name:
John McClure (The recipient of this payment is Verified)
Email:
jd.mcclure@hammersley.com

Shopping Cart Contents

Qty Item Options Price
1 V60 BLUETOOT
Item # 67875856 $266.50 USD
Amount $266.50 USD

Order Description:
Shopping Cart
Item Total:
$266.50 USD
Shipping:
$10.00 USD
Handling:
$0.00 USD

Total Amount:
-$276.50 USD

Invoice ID:
Date:
Feb. 5, 2007
Time:
11:30:44 PST
Unclaimed
Shipping Address:
No Address Provided

Funding Type:
Credit Card
Funding Source:
$276.50 USD - Visa Card X
This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *JDMCCLURE".
Old 02-05-2007, 09:29 PM

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts
2014 E350 Estate Wagon 4Matic
Did you try calling Hammersley? JD McClure is the Service parts manager...

http://www.thehammersleygroup.com/Ex...ename=mercedes

Click on "About Us" and Then "Our Team"...you'll see Mr. McClure listed...
Old 02-05-2007, 11:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 E320
SMB....
Feb. 5, 2007 Payment To John McClure Unclaimed
Note the word "unclaimed" in your info.
That means the payment has not yet been completed and you can reverse it, if you so desire.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:32 PM

E500
I noticed that too....
how can i reverse the payment?
I checked over my paypal account on paypal.com and haven't seen a link that lets me reverse it, i may have overlooked it?

Last edited by smb7420; 02-06-2007 at 12:35 PM.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:08 PM

E500
I'm unable to reverse the paypal payment as paypal.com says:

This payment cannot be cancelled. Please contact the recipient to request a refund.

You can only cancel payments that are sent to unregistered recipients.

I talked to someone at OEMpartsdirect just now, they seemed helpful and promised they'd get it cleared up...

I just got a call, and apparently it looks like i'm getting my product - They've got to ship it soon...

That's good customer support
Old 02-06-2007, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 E320
Glad it worked out....I now realize that it's the receiver that can opt not to accept the payment when it's unclaimed.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:19 PM

E500
i was wondering if anyone had any idea about how long it takes OEMparts to ship out their products...
I haven't got a tracking # or notification that they've shipped the product...I may be a bit antsy, its been 2 days - but i thought as they're a MB car dealership they'd have items like these in stock...
i'm considering taking something up with paypal and just canceling it, probably will end up getting it at the dealership.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
2 days is not enough time. Period. Even if they had to get the stuff (which is likely in this case) you have to allow overnite shipping time to him (after the item is ordered/invioced/packed. Then allow him time to receive it, relable it & send it to you. Its impossible in the time you have so far allowed.

These people are working, not sitting next to the computer running each sheet of paper around one page at a time, from start to finish. Yes, you are antsy... and for a big company like them to rely on PayPal rather then accepting credit cards directly is a little bit amateurish, but they must have a reason that they want thay layer of anonaminity between them and you.

If you ordered it Monday, assume they ordered it Late Monday or early Tuesday, got it Wednesday, shipped it out Wednesday or Thursday. If they overnighted it you'd have it Friday or Monday. That's realistic... but if you get it sooner, thats a bonus. Relax. Did you get it for less? Saving money is hard work. If it were easy, everybody would do it.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:04 PM

E500
Thanks for the breakdown Barry.
I assumed that they'd have it at their parts dept., but I could see why they wouldn't.
I wasn't expecting to receive it in 2 days, i'm expecting to get it around a week after it's shipped.
The real reason I'm antsy is because I was using their site and shopping cart to order the BT puck, and had my card charged around 300 bucks, only to find through e-mail that they never received my order. Which means I'd be out 300 bucks and nobody knew what for...
On top of that my money was transferred to a Mr.JDMclure who they say doesn't work there anymore...sucks sending money to a company that doesn't have your order or the person that my money was sent to - I must say its the most bizarre shopping situation I've been in.

Are you saying that they shouldn't use paypal? I love p-pal...It seems more secure than C-card info transferring...maybe its my lack of knowledge about it all.

Anyway I got an email from Jamie today saying it'd be shipped in the afternoon and he'd email me with a track # once it was shipped. Also he mentioned the new chrome key which has been the latest kraze had a price increase by MB on the 6th, its like 140 now...which is more than 2x what they were asking for beforehand...wild.

Last edited by smb7420; 02-08-2007 at 02:28 PM.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 ML 350
Relax! Its a credit card purchase. You are NEVER responsible for a fraudulent credit card purchase. All you have to do is dispute it, and it will be immediately removed from your statement. ...and if it looks like it WAS NOT a fraudulent charge to the credit card issuer, as long as you are willing to swear on paper, insisting that it was fraudulent, they will credit your account. (as long as they don't have YOUR signature on an original sales draft, in which case you are commiting fraud.) A credit card purchase is the safest way to buy anything... especially if you were defrauded. They insure themselves against fraud, so you can feel safe.

My Wife is a VP at a major credit card issuing organization. This is the truth. Do NOT give this a 2nd thought.

As for your other question about PayPal. A "real" merchant would have his own terminal and his own card processor. (Card Processors come to your place of business, look around, talk to your business bank, look at your lease, etc. if your business doesn't look like you invested a lot of money into it. Terrorist supporters try to set up fake business to move money around undetected, so card processors look really hard at business legitimacy).

PayPal is for people who sell on line & dont fit the generally accepted standards for a card processor to grant card acceptance services to. (Home/Apartment based business which can dissappear overnight are one example, or people who only have to sell something on line once, and are NOT really in business. ) PayPal is a go between, between you and the seller... They want to protect their reputation too because they have a good thing going. They're getting a piece of the deal too for handling the deal for the seller. Too many complaints to Visa/MC about them & they would be out of business. You love PayPal because of the security it gives you when dealing with strangers... so why are you worried? Again... Relax. You won't be out a dime.

Last edited by Barry45RPM; 02-08-2007 at 04:22 PM.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 A8L 4.2
smb7420: You used a bank account to fund your transaction, that is why the funds have to clear before the money is deposited on the sellers account. It can take up to 7 days for the funds to clear, and when it is me selling, I wait until I am notified that the money is in my account. I agree with Barry, relax, you have nothing to worry about, PayPal will protect the buyer, plus OEMPartsDirect is a great seller with a good reputation. And you cannot blame them for holding the order until funds are fnally on their account.

Barry: Man, do I disagree with you (on some of your comment). PayPal is a great way to do online payments, I use it every day, and do a LOT of volume with them. Overall they are a great company, and like all companies, have some problems, but nothing major. I run about 40-50% of my business through them with sales in the 7 figures, so I guess I am considered a business, they even gave me a personal customer service rep (and he answers the call EVERY time). I do have a merchant account for Visa/MC and AMEX, PayPal is another option I give my customers, it integrates into my site perfectly and they use it a lot, so if that makes the customer happy, why not? And remember, smb7420 CHOSE to use PayPal, the store DOES have a merchant account, as I have used my AMEX with them. So they are just like me, offer the most options to the customer....

Cheers

Edward
Old 02-08-2007, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 ML 350
Just trying to give him the simplest explanation to credit card transactions on line because he was freaking out after only 2 days. I don't have any problem with PayPal... PayPal wouldnt have survived so long if they weren't good handling transactions for many people... after all, the Consumer is the final inspector, and Judge and Jury. All the promotion in the world wouldn't overcome a bad reputation if they had one... and besides now I see it was a Debit card or electronic check transaction & not a Credit Card Transaction anyway. Thats probably where PayPal excells.

Last edited by Barry45RPM; 02-08-2007 at 08:29 PM.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 A8L 4.2
Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
Just trying to give him the simplest explanation to credit card transactions on line because he was freaking out after only 2 days. I don't have any problem with PayPal... PayPal wouldnt have survived so long if they weren't good handling transactions for many people... after all, the Consumer is the final inspector, and Judge and Jury. All the promotion in the world wouldn't overcome a bad reputation if they had one... and besides now I see it was a Debit card or electronic check transaction & not a Credit Card Transaction anyway. Thats probably where PayPal excells.
Alls well, I understand your point.