E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

This is a mercedes Forum, please remember that..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 11:46 AM
lig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
was '03 E320 - now - '04 S4
I'm with Barry on this. Everyone has the right to mod their cars in whatever fashion they choose.

Having said that - I still reserve the right to make fun of said mods that are in bad taste though because taste is subjective.

Tacky mods are not exclusive to Hondas.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:47 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
I do agree with multiple opinions here... who cares what other people do with there cars...

But some of the mods that have been coming through as of late have been a little "Ricey" imo... stuff like lambo doors, and SLAMMED cars could very well be done with out
Old 03-16-2007, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Yeah but those mods don't affect the Brand or those here who don't do them to their cars. They're kind of an oddity... and who can say they've never been to a Freak Show of some kind? These cars that we hold in such high esteem and regard as masterpieces of art and engineering are also Taxi cabs in many parts of the world, and are almost invisible as personal luxury cars. So live & let live. I've seen people swoon with awe over hideous looking art... it doesn't mean they should be prohibited from hanging it in the same gallery as a piece of art I like. I can laugh at the hideous piece (and them) & keep walking.

We don't have to drum anybody out of here.

Last edited by Barry45RPM; 03-16-2007 at 12:01 PM.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:27 PM

2004 E320, 2006 Infiniti G35X, Yamaha VMAX 700 (Snowmobile)
Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
Yeah but those mods don't affect the Brand or those here who don't do them to their cars. They're kind of an oddity... and who can say they've never been to a Freak Show of some kind? These cars that we hold in such high esteem and regard as masterpieces of art and engineering are also Taxi cabs in many parts of the world, and are almost invisible as personal luxury cars. So live & let live. I've seen people swoon with awe over hideous looking art... it doesn't mean they should be prohibited from hanging it in the same gallery as a piece of art I like. I can laugh at the hideous piece (and them) & keep walking.

We don't have to drum anybody out of here.
+1 Barry well said. I like most have made a few mod's to my car, haven't said that my car is one of my many hobbies. I draw a line as to how far I will go with modifications, e.g. just recently decided 19's and dropping my car at the ripe age of 48 and the cost of 3k was crazy and decided against it (Bought a 65" DLP instead. I do enjoy to an extent looking at what others do. Some make me laugh; others "Shock and Awe" and the rest are classy mod's that make the car even more attractive.

The great thing about this forum is that you have the ability to view what you want. I've learned a lot from my fellow members and consider this one of the most knitted forums on the internet.

Kosher, no disrespect but aren't you the one who put CLS rims, Kleeman, Tinted windows, Euro command and also questioning others on lowering? All good IMO and I respect the fact that like me, I would guess your car is also one of your hobbies.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:09 PM

I stripped the Sienna Black off my Saks fifth ave and painted in Green with a type R badge, so what?
Old 03-16-2007, 01:19 PM

'07 E350W4
Originally Posted by Cavadini
I stripped the Sienna Black off my Saks fifth ave and painted in Green with a type R badge, so what?
Well then, can I have your 2 front wheels, please?
They aren't available, even in Germany!
Old 03-16-2007, 01:20 PM

04 E-320
Being new here I'm not sure how to respond to this. I for one am looking at "mods" for my car. Some people would say are nice, others gaudy. I am looking for a clean understated look. Some people on this board would probably look down at me because I don't put on a Suit to go to work in an office every day. I own and operate a small trucking company. Does this make me "ghetto". Or is it because I want tinted windows, which I think would look good on my black 320. My speed car is a 1999 mustang GT with a paxton being installed. I also own 2 modded 4wheel drive trucks. Do these Layman's vehicles make me I a redneck. I'm not upset with anyone's post they are entitled to their opinion. Just like I will not flame a person for wanting info on putting 4 lambo doors on their car. I wouldn't do it to my car but, if I knew info that would help I would gladly volunteer it. I thought that's what groups like this were for. Also, don't forget my "entry-level" used car cost more than most new cars on the market

Last edited by SHELBYBLUE65; 03-16-2007 at 01:31 PM.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Cavadini
at least those lexus fan boys have you beat -- they have the SF badge

as in IS-SF ("Super-Duper Fast" (No really, its Fast)) version

was that puke-green or tortoise yellow green ?
Old 03-16-2007, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Here's what my ghetto-fab E500 looks like today. It's lowered, tinted, has 19's on it and clear corners.

Ghetto?

Last edited by Benz-O-Rama; 03-16-2007 at 02:51 PM.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:25 PM

Mercedes E350, E550s on it's way!
The E-Class sedans are among the most popular and successful luxury cars on the road, a staple in the Mercedes lineup since their debut back in the 1950s. It would be a shame not to allow the members of this forum and other faithful Mercedes Benz owners to experiment on there vehicle with different mods.

If they wish to destroy the way there vehicle looks well thats there problem, they believe it looks good.
Yes is it frustrateing to sit at an intersection as the fellow beside you in his 2006 E350 is bounceing up and down because of hydralics hes installed, yes just slightly.

But it is his own stupidity not yours, and yes building a Mercedes into a "Ricer" is bizarre but like others have said this car has served many purposes throughtout the years.

PSL: "E" stood for "einspritzung," German for fuel injection, a novel technology at the time (Cheers AsianML). Please stop calling it an entry level vehicle, you want an entry level go to a C that phrase "entry level" is just .

Besides that, I really could care less, it's your money not mine, I don't care if you put wings and a jet engine on the back and get the thing to fly. As long as you don't mess with my car. As far as my mods, changed all the bulbs in the headlights and fogs lights to crystal white, lame but classy.

Last edited by AkMadness; 03-16-2007 at 04:29 PM.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Originally Posted by KosherBenz
I am sorry, i am just getting a bit frustrated with the quality of the members that have been comming in here lately. It seems they are stuck with the Honda mentality and want to Rice out their $50+K cars to make them look "cool" . Now i realize that this is a Internet forum and i cant stop anyone from posting, but please new people.. You drive a elegant classy car. PLEASE do not destroy it and make it look trashy. I sold my 2000 Acura TL years ago to get away from that mentality and it seems to be comming over here now.

/rant off.

Term (RICER)

(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)
Old 03-16-2007, 04:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E320
This has obviously hit a nerve. I am constantly amused by some people that feel that they alone have earned the right to drive this automobile. I happen to enjoy driving this one more than some I have owned but it is still a car. The rule of thumb here appears to be that anything more excessive than the tasteful modifications I have done are "tacky" I fall into the less is better category. I think fake or excessive exhaust tips are pretentious and as such, I have none. Want to spray your motor with NOS from the stoplight? Well keep your payments up and good luck to you. Like large wheels and low profile tires? Watch out for rocks and get one of those rubber inner tubes to sit on. Need a spoiler? For what? How much down force do you need at 70 mph to keep a 4,000 pound car glued to the road. Why subject the car to unnecessary drag? I am not a pilot nor do I have an interest in aviation but the equipment I see on aircraft is purposeful and I don't think I have ever noticed chrome exhaust splitters on a Cessna or a "lowered Bonanza". Still, it is your vehicle and if you want to treat it that way, go ahead. I do not feel threatened or angry when I see you. Neither do I think less of my car because I see others exercise what I consider poor taste. This is America.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:10 PM

Mercedes E350, E550s on it's way!
Old 03-16-2007, 05:16 PM

'07 E350W4
[QUOTE=Still, it is your vehicle and if you want to treat it that way, go ahead. I do not feel threatened or angry when I see you. Neither do I think less of my car because I see others exercise what I consider poor taste. This is America.[/QUOTE]
Yes, I agree with the moderate members, do what you like to your cars. It can speak "volumes" regarding your taste. It reflects on the driver, not the manufacturer.
That being said, I'm considering a rearview camera for safety reasons and they are the COOLEST feature I've seen in years in spite of the fact they're fairly standard equipment on the high-end rice-burners
Old 03-16-2007, 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Its big and Grey!
i was leaning more to the neon, painted black headlights, removing washer tank kinda mods.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:40 PM

2006 E350, 2000 C230 k
Hello everyone,
I am new to the forum and amazed regarding all the different opinions submitted, I agree with Clinton Horn because how the car looks like reflects the driver
Old 03-16-2007, 05:42 PM

04 E-320
Hey, Benz-o-rama if thats Ghetto then I'm moven inta the row house beside yours. That is pretty much the look I' goin for. With different style rims. I am putting the exaust tips on mine only because I think it looks better with something there than nothing. Guess I'm ghetto.

Last edited by SHELBYBLUE65; 03-16-2007 at 05:48 PM.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:48 PM

Received 262 Likes on 168 Posts
i was leaning more to the neon, painted black headlights, removing washer tank kinda mods.
While I agree with you that such things are silly and possibly dangerous, you don't get to draw the line. Some people find the wrong wheel offsets a tasteless modification...
Old 03-16-2007, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by SHELBYBLUE65
Hey, Benz-o-rama if thats Ghetto then I'm moven inta the row house beside yours. That is pretty much the look I' goin for. With different style rims. I am putting the exaust tips on mine only because I think it looks better with something there than nothing. Guess I'm ghetto.
Thanks!

When you do the exhaust tips, make sure to do cutouts in the bumper or change the bumper entirely. In my opinion, exhaust tips that hang out from underneath the rear skirt doesn't look that great on the W211.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
While I agree with you that such things are silly and possibly dangerous, you don't get to draw the line. Some people find the wrong wheel offsets a tasteless modification...
He wasn't forcing people to do something, or rather, not do something. He was ranting. Says so in his post.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
E-class E300e Estate, Sprinter (stretched limo)
I am sorry, i am just getting a bit frustrated with the quality of the members that have been comming in here lately. It seems they are stuck with the Honda mentality and want to Rice out their $50+K cars to make them look "cool" ..
Hi Kosher,
I hope you feel better now that you have got that off your chest? I dislike cars that only have primer as a top coat (shiney though it might be) but each to their own. If folks want to dingle or dangle furry dice from their interior mirror then fine, whatever floats their boat.

Jimmi Hendrix once said 'Live and let live'

Works for me

Regards,
John from sunny Torquay
Old 03-16-2007, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
Not to mention engineering ignorance.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:29 PM

2004 E320, 2006 Infiniti G35X, Yamaha VMAX 700 (Snowmobile)
Kosher, not to rant on you man but this is classic.. go to www.google.com
click on images. type in "mercedes pimp" hit return. Go to results page 5. Take a look at you car is in the lower left corner.

Time for a beer..
Old 03-16-2007, 07:30 PM

Received 262 Likes on 168 Posts
Originally Posted by AsianML
He wasn't forcing people to do something, or rather, not do something. He was ranting. Says so in his post.
He said, "PLEASE do not destroy it and make it look trashy".

Modifying your car and then criticizing other peoples' modifications is hypocritical.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
He said, "PLEASE do not destroy it and make it look trashy".

Modifying your car and then criticizing other peoples' modifications is hypocritical.
It's a rant. Do you know what a rant is?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: This is a mercedes Forum, please remember that..