E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

[Bay Area] Smythe European Dont respect the customer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 e320
[Bay Area] Smythe European Dont respect the customer

I want to do my service in Smythe European (bay area) and since i'm not 21 years old yet, i bring my brother to get the loaner car with me. In indonesia even we are brother, it's normal that we dont have same last name. Then the story begin: I ask them what kind of car did they have, they said we have C Class and ML, and then i said i wanna the ML, and then one of the people there said, you can't give him the ML, it's ML500. Then the guy see my paperwork and since my car is 05 e320 he give it to me. (The problem is, he dont say it directly to me, he talk to his friend even i'm standing in front of them) then the guy talk to his manager because we dont have the same last name and my brother use the Indonesia driving license. Then sudennly the manager he cant give it to me since i dont have the same last name or if i want it i must have one insurance policy with my name and his name, but i have my own policy and so does my brother. The problem is, last time they give it to me and, all my friends who do the service there and bring their brother without same last name and they can get it, but i can't get it today. Even i said i really need a ride today coz i need to go to SF, they still dont want to understand. I even said i dont wanna do the service here again, i want my car back coz i need it, and the guy said oc if that is what you want!!! Dont you think thats suckZ?!! last time they give it to me, and all of my friends can get the rental car, but now i really need a car they cant give it to me because we dont have same last name!!!
Old 03-23-2007, 03:09 PM

'07 E350W4
Since I have nothing good to say, I won't say anything at all
Old 03-23-2007, 03:27 PM

2005 e320
One more thing i forget to add

In my first time there, i want my cup holder to be repaired, and there is nothing wrong with my ash tray. After they do the service, my cup holder is repaired but sometimes i still have problem with it, but my ash tray is broken!!! and i install AMG kit in my car, and i put adaptor for my parking bulb so i change it to white color, then one of the bulb seems to be broken and i cant find the white one so i ask them to put the factory bulb and they said it is for $25 for 2 bulb and the labor cost, and then they said they cant do it coz they said i do modification on it, and if i want it to be fixed they can fixed it for $350, so i dont want them to fixed it and they still charge me for $25 dollar and they dont even give me any bulb!!! Then i go to PEP Boys and i grab a pair of white bulb and i install if by myself, it just take about 3 minutes!! After i complain they agree to give me discount $25 next time, even they agreed to give me $25 off next time, dont you think that that is bad experience???
Old 03-24-2007, 02:30 AM

CLS 350
why dont u go to stead motor over in walnut creek (if u're a DVC student) i've personally had experiences of service and maintenance over there and they have great service people. regarding the loaner car, usually i asked my friend to come with me and have them to send me home.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Its nothing personal, I'm sure, but insurance companies really do insist on the borrower of a "rental" car to be 25. Loaners are considered rentals, even though the dealership doesn't charge you for it.

Theyre just worried that if someone should run into you they would have to wait for the case to come to court a couple of years later to get money from the other driver's insurance company instead of just collecting from their own insurance company right away, because they knowingly gave a car to an "underaged" (under 25) driver. Its a bummer but they're trying not to lose a car or a customer. You KNOW how the lawyers are quick to make a killing when they smell blood nowadays.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Tesla Model S P100D
Originally Posted by New E350W4
Since I have nothing good to say, I won't say anything at all
I'm with you there...
Old 03-25-2007, 10:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Look, its not a matter of respect. You do not meet the insurance requirements and your brother did not have a US driver's license. In addition you were most likely being a smart ***. All of that said I think you will most likely have a problem getting a loaner or a rental anywhere except perhaps Indonesia.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'14 E350 wagon; BMW G12 (2020) G01 (2019)
I don't think you were disrespected. I'm sure you're a nice guy, and its nice that you have a MB at your age, but they really do have to worry about claims arising out of the useof the loaner, and you are underage and your brother does not have a US driver license. I am not surprised they wouldn't give you a loaner. As for the service glitches, especially the bulbs, just take your business elsewhere.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:24 AM

2005 E500 AMG Sport
I used to go to Symthe when I got my first E class Mercedes. I was 19 at the time and always received a loaner vehicle. They never questioned my age, so they must have changed their loaner requirements. As long as I had a valid driver's license and insurance, they never had a problem.

Some of the personnel can be very rude. I stopped going there after they scratched my wheel and numerous replacements later, couldn't get the chroming right and refused to fix it.

I would go else where if your looking for good customer service.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:24 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1999 C280 Previous / 2008 E350
That's where I got my C280 . That dealership attended me very well, I was 23 at the time when i got my car. They never mention my age or treat me differently, they treated me well and respect just like any other customer. Hell when I took my car for service one of the sales reps I knew gave me a ride home. Sorry to hear about your experience at Smythe
Old 03-27-2007, 08:56 PM
ecm

2012 CLS63, 2015 GL63
That's why I now buy and serice at Beshoff Mercedes in San Jose. The service is great and they seem to give a hoot about my business.

Last edited by ecm; 03-27-2007 at 09:05 PM.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:53 PM

2005 e320
Originally Posted by sosh
Look, its not a matter of respect. You do not meet the insurance requirements and your brother did not have a US driver's license. In addition you were most likely being a smart ***. All of that said I think you will most likely have a problem getting a loaner or a rental anywhere except perhaps Indonesia.
Am i stupid ***? you are the stupid ***!! First!! the age requirements is 21 not 25, Second! In every other MB Dealer in Bay Area they give loaner car to everyone with valid driver license, it didnt require US Driver License, all of my indonesian friends get loaner car even with their Indonesian Driver License or Their brother's indonesian driver license!! So in conclusion i want to say that You are the Smart ***!! If you dont know the regulation here in bay area just shut the **** up oc?
Old 03-27-2007, 09:56 PM

2005 e320
What did you expect? In my first service they said they will finish it in one day and then it take 4 day!! I go to school at 7 in the morning by bus!! and it's freaking cold coz i need to go to the bus stop at 6.30!! then everyday i called them and in the 3rd day i bring my brothers there and get the loaner car
Old 03-27-2007, 10:49 PM

'15 E63S P30
Originally Posted by L88RG
Am i stupid ***? you are the stupid ***!! First!! the age requirements is 21 not 25, Second! In every other MB Dealer in Bay Area they give loaner car to everyone with valid driver license, it didnt require US Driver License, all of my indonesian friends get loaner car even with their Indonesian Driver License or Their brother's indonesian driver license!! So in conclusion i want to say that You are the Smart ***!! If you dont know the regulation here in bay area just shut the **** up oc?
With an attitude like that, it's no wonder they were rude to you. You sound like a spoiled brat.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:35 AM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by ecm
That's why I now buy and serice at Beshoff Mercedes in San Jose. The service is great and they seem to give a hoot about my business.
Yes I agree with you on that too...their service in San Jose is great. I was there with a friend when he bought his C350. They took very good care of him on what he wanted and needs.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:44 AM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by L88RG
Old 03-28-2007, 12:46 AM

2005 e320
Originally Posted by tucsonbroker
With an attitude like that, it's no wonder they were rude to you. You sound like a spoiled brat.

Hahaha is it my attitude?? how about you? if someone said that you are a smart *** without even know the exact condition and regulation dont you think that you'll be angry?? ckckck
Old 04-10-2007, 01:28 AM

2005 E320 CDI
Smythe service is great

I have had nothing but good experiences with Smythe service with my 2005 E-class, and with my Volvo in the nineties when they used to service them in the same location (on SCB). They have always gone out of their way to make things right. Mercedes sales is another matter. I always felt like I inconvenienced them with my presence, probably since I always wear jeans and my hair is a mess...
Old 04-10-2007, 04:55 AM

Mercedes benz E500
Originally Posted by daduca
I have had nothing but good experiences with Smythe service with my 2005 E-class, and with my Volvo in the nineties when they used to service them in the same location (on SCB). They have always gone out of their way to make things right. Mercedes sales is another matter. I always felt like I inconvenienced them with my presence, probably since I always wear jeans and my hair is a mess...
hey, i think you maybe really lucky that they serve you really well. in my case, i had a transmission problem and they try to fix it. but what i get in return is worse plus there is a licking from the transmission pan. SO I guess i never even what to go back to Smythe anymore. In addition, They can not solve my car problem at all, and always they have it in there at least for a week. So it is up to you guys to judge...