E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Engine Ticking Solution

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2002, 05:31 PM

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally posted by Crazy4Cars
Bmms8: What do you mean by: " Clear Mercedes Floor Mats"?????????
I think there are also 3rd party folks from which you can get these clear mats...if you can live without the MB logo. On our Honda minivan we did this (it cost around $100 for the whole car) and they sent us these PERFECTLY fitting mats for all the carpet areas. On our minivan it is a great thing because of the kids and the foot traffic in the minivan is much more than a normal vehicle.

If someone is interested, post on the board and I will dig out the company information and post it.
Old 11-11-2002, 04:24 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 E500, 01 SLK320
alignment issue - pulls to the right

They should be able to fix this. I did not take delivery of my car until they corrected which took a couple of hours on a complex computer alignment machine and the use of a "camber kit" - something from the parts department.

Now it is perfect. BTW the tech said a lot of the cars are coming back for this so it is very common.

Unless you have a bent frame (extrordinarily unlikely) they should be able to fix it with a proper alignment. Maybe you need to take it to another dealer?
Old 11-11-2002, 04:28 PM
Almost a Member!

03 E500, 01 SLK320
If anybody actually gets the ticking issue resolved please post a message explaining the actual fix. It sounds like at this point that we are talking about some level of acceptance by MB that there is a problem but I have yet to hear of anyone who has actually had it resolved.

Would be great to hear about a real solution.

Thanks
Old 11-11-2002, 04:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
benzoid my car had it, if your car has it, you need knew motor mounts, your dealer got a bulliten from Mb dated oct 9, or 10th, tell them to look for it
Old 11-11-2002, 06:19 PM

2009 ML320 CDi Bluetec
Canada

Originally posted by Nam
Is there any way you could get your service advisor to fax a copy of that TSB to you, and in turn somehow send it to me. The reason: I am from Canada, and I went to my dealer to talk about this problem yesterdau after reading your informative post. They have no idea about it because MBUSA and MB Canada do not talk to one another nor share info.
That is a real problem, and we run into at again and again. I can understand why they would want to keep service bulletins secret, but that does not mean I like it... after paying C$71k I think I should be allowed to read these bulletins. I wonder if anyone can find a copy anywhere... I had one for the C320 a year ago and posted that: wonder when that'll happen with the E...
Old 11-11-2002, 06:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
the bulliten was very short, only 2 lines...it said if customer complains about ticking sound coming from engine, replace part # blah blah with # blah blah, something like that