No Satellitte Radio on my 07' E350?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 02:23 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Satellitte Radio on my 07' E350?

Sirius Satellite radio just stopped working...? ON the screen is say's
"NO SATELLITE RADIO".... Called Sirius - they tried to send a signal... No Luck!. Called back they told me to turn off car - leave drivers door open for 1 minute to reset radio and try again... STILL NO LUCK!...
ANY IDEAS??????????????
Old 07-06-2007, 03:43 PM

Harley-Davidson
What did the dealership say about the problem? Let me guess - "Bring it in and we'll take a look at it." So why not let them fix it?
Old 07-06-2007, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
I've gotten "Searching For Signal", and no Sat reception for an endless period after starting the car twice now. To restore satellite operation, I had to shut the car down, open then close the drivers door and wait 4 minutes before restarting and then the satellite radio worked. Its almost as if when the car was started, the "Operating System" did not load the Satellite Module, so it didn't work. Of course, since it starts and loads the Satellite Radio Unit 99.99% of the time the situation was not able to be duplicated for the dealer's service department, so there's no fix.

Have you tried shutting down & walking away for 4 minutes? (I've had to pull over & shut down if I left the driveway or parking lot before I noticed that the Sat radio was not playing.)

This may or may not be your problem. If its not, its probably a software/AGW/SDARS unit problem that will be an easy fix at the dealership. (SDARS = Satellite Digital Audio Radio Service)
Old 07-06-2007, 06:14 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by knbcpab
Sirius Satellite radio just stopped working
PM your email address.

Barry, check your email.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:25 AM

E350
No Satellite Radio Message

I too just got the No Satellite Radio message. I was listening to the satellite radio, went into the store, came out and then I got this message. I've had this message for over a day now
Old 09-11-2007, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 ML 350
To the Dealer with you. They have software and hardware fixes for SAT problems. Mine are all gone. Don't suffer!
Old 09-11-2007, 12:15 PM

E350
I have an appointment this Thursday. Is this kind of thing under warrenty?
Old 09-11-2007, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 ML 350
Originally Posted by bbspills
I have an appointment this Thursday. Is this kind of thing under warrenty?

If your car is still under warranty, it is included. There have been continuous SAT problems since its introduction. I think they are all solved now. Service Depts that see alot of cars with SAT, should know exactly what to do. There have been numerous Service Bulletins to the dealers. Ask your SA if his guys are up to date on the latest fixes or will they be guessing/using old fixes.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:07 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
2017 S550 4matic
old thread, but this begs the question...did every w211 come with a satellite radio tuner?

I have the no satellite message but it's on all the time. Any way someone can direct me to where the module is in the car so I can look for it?
Old 08-04-2011, 04:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by jcat
old thread, but this begs the question...did every w211 come with a satellite radio tuner? I have the no satellite message but it's on all the time. Any way someone can direct me to where the module is in the car so I can look for it?
SIRIUS was optional for MY06 if you have access to your vehicle’s datacard code 536 confirms your vehicle is equipped – receiver is located behind right side trunk panel. Note pre-wiring exists up to VIN A775856 or X186330 allowing retrofit.
Attached Thumbnails No Satellitte Radio on my 07' E350?-clipboard-1.jpg  
Old 08-04-2011, 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Tesla Model S P100D
Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
I've gotten "Searching For Signal", and no Sat reception for an endless period after starting the car twice now. To restore satellite operation, I had to shut the car down, open then close the drivers door and wait 4 minutes before restarting and then the satellite radio worked. Its almost as if when the car was started, the "Operating System" did not load the Satellite Module, so it didn't work. Of course, since it starts and loads the Satellite Radio Unit 99.99% of the time the situation was not able to be duplicated for the dealer's service department, so there's no fix.

Have you tried shutting down & walking away for 4 minutes? (I've had to pull over & shut down if I left the driveway or parking lot before I noticed that the Sat radio was not playing.)

This may or may not be your problem. If its not, its probably a software/AGW/SDARS unit problem that will be an easy fix at the dealership. (SDARS = Satellite Digital Audio Radio Service)
Same thing happened to me one but with the entire navigation module not being recognized. I had to stop the car on the side of the road, get out of the car, lock it, wait a few minutes and get back in. Yes, very annoying that I had to do that on the side of the street in the middle of nowhere.