New W211-pics:

For more visit www.W211.de

Greetings from Germany

merc
Old 10-31-2002, 10:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
That is really a great picture!!! Which wheels are those?
Old 10-31-2002, 11:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W212 E350 AMG E63 Pack.
BBS LM's
Old 10-31-2002, 12:14 PM

W212 E350 AMG E63 Pack.
Same here
Old 10-31-2002, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 MB E500
I like those rims.
Old 10-31-2002, 12:50 PM

W212 E350 AMG E63 Pack.
Rays, what are you doing here, your days of been in this forum are long gone, you should be on the way to your dealer man?
come one and dont forget the camera.
Old 10-31-2002, 01:48 PM

2003 MB E500
Originally posted by Crazy4Cars
Rays, what are you doing here, your days of been in this forum are long gone, you should be on the way to your dealer man?
come one and dont forget the camera.
It's now almost 2:00 Eastern time and I don't know what is going on. I get a call this morning telling me they have they car and will call and let me know what time to pick it up. When they call back I'm told the car hasn't arrived at the dealership yet and that I may still get it today. Damn!! The communications with MB/Dealers/Customers needs to be improved big time. To tell me it's here then it's not and that I may still get today is not the way it should happen. I'll keep you posted on this soap opera!
Old 10-31-2002, 02:23 PM

W212 E350 AMG E63 Pack.
That is the kind of BS that I hate from the dealers. How come the guy wanted to sursprise you since, he has not seen the car yet.
How does he pretends to deliver the car today. Did he forget that the car needs to be prep?

Rays: Didn't you say that the dealer is nearby, why don't you go and see what is happening.
Old 10-31-2002, 02:31 PM

2003 MB E500
That is the kind of BS that I hate from the dealers. How come the guy wanted to sursprise you since, he has not seen the car yet.
How does he pretends to deliver the car today. Did he forget that the car needs to be prep?

Rays: Didn't you say that the dealer is nearby, why don't you go and see what is happening.
I'm told that they can prep the car in a couple of hours. They are only 5-10 minutes away but it won't do any good to go there. They'll just tell me it's not here yet, or maybe it is, they don't seem to know!
Old 10-31-2002, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E-500

I was only kidding yesterday when I said I hope the dealer doesn't call and say he really doen't have the car.....

I can not believe the continued disappointment from these guys.
I can remember when MBz dealers were a very classy operation and you could pretty much count on upscale service.

This is just an example of what we continue to hear about careless dealers with little or no information. How in the hell can someone tell you he has the car and then say they don't or worse yet....not sure. Sure sounds like they are really going all out to take care of you....

Another thought Ray-Do you really want them to rush the prep? I think I would just keep the pressure on to find the car but, let them have plenty of time to do a real good prep on the car. I also would go over it very, very carefully and see that it is right before you take it out.

I know how hard it is to wait (no one knows better than me..I'm still waiting) but I just would leave it there until it is perfect. You deserve as perfect vehicle as possible. You paid big bucks for it!!

Can't believe they are doing this to you.

Ed
Old 10-31-2002, 02:58 PM

2003 MB E500
Thanks Ed. I agree I want the prep to be done right. I can understand that the dealer has to wait for the car to arrive at the dealership, what I can't understand is why tell me I'm getting it today until they know for sure they will get the car? Why was I told this morning that it was there and ready for pick-up only to get a call back saying they haven't received it yet? I can deal with waiting but to get my hopes up and then it doesn't happen is far worse than waiting. I'm sure you know better than most how that is. At least I should be getting it any day now since supposidly it has arrived in Baltimore but I guess I shouldn't even take that for granted. It could still be in Germany the way their communications work!
Old 10-31-2002, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E-500
Ray...why don't you post the Email address of your dealer. We can all send them flaming rockets. "Where the hell is Rays Car you silly twits"

Remember I was told that mine was on the water and then two weeks later the same people call and were very excited to tell me that it had "just shipped today"....delivery 3 weeks later.

Can't understand the careless attitude of the dealers.
What happened to the fine and careful service?

The shame of it is they diminish the great fun of getting the new car.

Hang in there. Still think we should send them Emails from all over the country telling them what we all think of thier service.
Old 10-31-2002, 03:18 PM

2003 MB E500
Thanks for the support Ed. Don't know why MB dealers don't seem to know what is going on. Like you i have no choice but to wait it out.
Old 10-31-2002, 03:59 PM

W212 E350 AMG E63 Pack.
Rays, what about this one. I kind a make a joke at myself.
I have Wheels, Tires, Smart Baby Seat, AMG Floor Mats, R230 Aluminum pedals, Cargo Liner, everything sitting here and no car yet.
Old 10-31-2002, 04:06 PM

2003 MB E500
Crazy, it's hard to believe but you are worse off than I am!
Old 10-31-2002, 04:10 PM

W212 E350 AMG E63 Pack.
I just hope that I wont have to reach 1500 post like Bmms8 to get my car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way is 4.00pm and nothing, I'm beginning to think that they dont have good news for you,let's hope they it is otherwise.

What does rayscar stands for: your name and your car?
Old 10-31-2002, 04:27 PM

2003 MB E500
I just hope that I wont have to reach 1500 post like Bmms8 to get my car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way is 4.00pm and nothing, I'm beginning to think that they dont have good news for you,let's hope they it is otherwise.

What does rayscar stands for: your name and your car?
They still think it will be delivered today but it's more likely to be tomorrow with a Saturday pick-up.

Yes "rayscar" is my name and car. Seems like I'm on this Board a lot and i only have 500 posts!
Old 10-31-2002, 07:42 PM

2013 S550
Rayscar, I know what it's like to be misled...but you have to stay positive.

While I was waiting the month my car was at the VPC, I came very close to canceling the whole thing. First I was told it would be a few days late because of the hurricane, then just that it was being held, then that they didn't have a clue, then that they knew the real reason - a part - and it never was held up for weather and they didn't know when it was coming but they would call me every week. (Gee, I hope none of my old English teachers read that last sentence...)

Anyway, my ex-wife was calling once or twice a week to see if I had the car yet. As I got increasingly pessimistic, she reminded me that thoughts and attitudes often influence outcome and perhaps I should relax and be positive about the whole thing. So I did, and the car came the next week. (It was pure coincidence.)

Anyway, I'm thinking positive about you getting your new E500 by the weekend.
Old 10-31-2002, 10:52 PM
Almost a Member!

rayscar,

if you recall I used the same dealer as you. Had the same exact experience. They *assured* me my car would be in, I called to confirm several times, they repeatedly said of course, I should stop worrying. I believed them and sold my other car to carmax in Dulles in the morning. Took a cab to the dealer, and was told when I got there "sorry, your car was not on the truck". DOH. Anyhow, I finally did get the car 3 days later even though it was quite agravating.

I've since discovered that most people at work with MB's much prefer American Service Center.

Hang in there....
Old 11-01-2002, 10:59 AM

By using the MB computer, dealership can track the car; if the car has been released from VPC, the information should show on the computer (but won't guarantee how long it takes from VPC to dealership).

-- mb_newbie
Old 11-01-2002, 11:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E-500
Originally posted by mb_newbie
By using the MB computer, dealership can track the car; if the car has been released from VPC, the information should show on the computer (but won't guarantee how long it takes from VPC to dealership).

-- mb_newbie
That is not the problem here. The dealer called and told rayscar that they "had the car" and were prepping it. Then they told him they did not know if they had the car or at least could not find it. Then at 4 in the afternoon they called and said they didn't have the car.

The big problem here is a lack of customer service. They really take no pride in the service and customer care that Mercedes is (was) famous for.

No excuse for this.
Old 11-01-2002, 11:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
omg, that really sucks, he better ask for a big discount.....
Old 11-01-2002, 11:44 AM

2003 MB E500
Thanks for the support everyone. The dealer called me at 8:00 PM last night and said the computer shows my car on the truck and that they think they will get it today. if so I'll be picking it up tomorrow! I've waited this long I guess I can wait another day or two. Will keep you posted

Potxoli I forgot you used the same dealer that i am. Sorry you had a problem too. This dealer is just so close to home that i decided to use them instead of American. Some I work with has used them for years with no problem. They just should say anything until they actually have the car. BTW, I thinking about selling my car to Carmax at Dulles too. How was it? Did they give you a good price? I'd appreciate any feedback you can give me.
Old 11-01-2002, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
thats good rays, what kind of a deal are you asking for, if any?
Old 11-01-2002, 12:18 PM

2003 MB E500
The dealer is sticking to MSRP Bmms8. I going to try for a deal on a wood wheel.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: new W211 pics!!!