E-Class (W211) 2003-2009
Old 06-05-2015, 01:30 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Car Detailing and Cleaning Guides
Print Wikipost

Paint Scratch Repair

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-29-2007, 12:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005, E500 Designo
Paint Scratch Repair

After being very carefull for a year and not having any bumber scratches Some A__hole did a nice one on my bumper down to the white primer.

Has anyone heard of or used the custom order paint cans from this site:

http://www.paintscratch.com/

Thanks
Old 10-29-2007, 03:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
I tried and results where expectional.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08' E350 with P2 & AMG sports package, 03' BMW 325i
Here's other paint scratch repair to consider that I've used on my bimmer on all these years that I have her.

http://www.autovisuals.com/paintcode.asp

One of the sponsors in E46fanatics.com

Last edited by JCsE350; 10-29-2007 at 08:48 AM.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:43 AM

2005, E500 Designo
Thanks for the advice. I just have a pet peeve against having my bumpers all scratched up.

I am going to get a 3M shield for the rear bumper. I hope that helps.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:18 PM

2006 E350
paintscratch.com

Well after putting on 30k plus on my E, I did notice that it had a few little pits and marks from gravel. The paint touch up kit from these folks is exceptionaly. I have used them in the past to touch up everything from an old Alfa(dont ask) and old MG(again dont ask) and even a Jag(horrors). The customer service is exceptional and the paint match was exact.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:56 AM

2007 E63, 2006 C55
Re: Touch Up

I can't speak for PaintScratch, but I have had very good results with the Mercedes touch up paint, a product called Langka, and a little patience/elbow grease.

Check their website at Langka.com.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
07 E320 Bluetec
100% correct; this is what I have been using on my black E320

Originally Posted by NCE500
I can't speak for PaintScratch, but I have had very good results with the Mercedes touch up paint, a product called Langka, and a little patience/elbow grease.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:33 PM

2005, E500 Designo
I recieved my Paintscratch Spray cans today. One is the color match the other is the clear.

I painted a test piece the color match is good and the can sprays very smooth no runs. There is too much moisture in the air to shoot the clear today.

The procedure I use is to tape off an area larger than the scratch, sand the scratch with 400 grit. Use the standard MB touch up paint as filler , than wet sand with 400 and than spray the color coat, wet sand with 1500 one final color coat and than the lacquer. Thats the plan, I will vary it depending on how the job goes.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:05 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
makes your daughter horny
Originally Posted by Kimber
I recieved my Paintscratch Spray cans today. One is the color match the other is the clear.

I painted a test piece the color match is good and the can sprays very smooth no runs. There is too much moisture in the air to shoot the clear today.

The procedure I use is to tape off an area larger than the scratch, sand the scratch with 400 grit. Use the standard MB touch up paint as filler , than wet sand with 400 and than spray the color coat, wet sand with 1500 one final color coat and than the lacquer. Thats the plan, I will vary it depending on how the job goes.
Can you actually repair a small area with this technique? Wont the line between the OEM clear and what you sprayed on be easily noticable?
Old 11-06-2007, 12:25 PM

2003 E500
If it's custom matched to factory specifications then wouldn't it just be easier to buy OEM touchup paint?
Old 11-06-2007, 12:26 PM

2003 E500
Originally Posted by NCE500

I looked at this product a while back and it does look promising since it seems to fill in the spot, and sits flush against the surrounding paint, rather than creating a mound of paint over the area.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:55 AM

2005, E500 Designo
The process to use Factory touch up is almost as involved as the Spray. I did it on a my old black Acura and it worked great.
First you sand the scratch with 400 grit, than apply the factory touch up so that it does create a lump over the scratch. When the paint dries carefully use a razor blade to level the scratch. Than wet sand with 1500 or 3000 grit polish and thats it.

I want to try the spray system, I believe the wet sanding or polish should remove any tell tale lines.

Paintscratch also has instructions on their website. Will report back when finished.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:19 AM

2005, E500 Designo
Originally Posted by JDM_SXE-10
If it's custom matched to factory specifications then wouldn't it just be easier to buy OEM touchup paint?
The area being repaired is larger than a stone chip, which is easily touched up with the factory kit.
A 3" plus long scratch I feel is better suited for the spray can. There is still too much moisture in the air here to do the job, maybe I will get a warm day this weekend.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:42 AM

E500
paintscratch.com promotional code = 26AUI4@1

Got a couple small chips and am going to try paintscratch.com. Here is a promotional code worth $2.50 off an order (big bucks) 26AUI4@1. Once I get it, I will post before and after pics for those interested.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:47 PM

e300 diesel
PaintScratch.com, customer service bottom of the barrel

Paint Scratch team! How can you explain how my new OEM 199 Glasurit dealer touch up paint matches perfectly on the hood and trunk and wheel
areas? and yours too dark everywhere? The Dealer paint is a perfect match? Again! Please refund my money as stated in your return policy........THE CAR IS NOT FADED! and never been repainted! PLEASE REFUND MY MONEY!

Invoice: 371939
I am tired of your poor customer support!
You confidence is overwhelming!
I sent you an example of the paint sample from the same bottle you sent me.
Now you want me to send the bottle back at my expense too.
You have delayed this over a month and not resolved anything!

I am done talking with you. my words fall on deaf ears

I don't understand why you feel you are obligated to make this my problem?
You have all but called me a liar.
You screwed me out of a small amount of money and wasted my time.
I am done talking with you
Paint scratch response:
Your sample was an exact match to our factory color chip. Your paint may not match due to paint fading
(including interior painted parts), repainting or an incorrect color code. At this point, we recommend custom matching as an alternative. Please visit http s://www.PaintScratch.com/custom.html for
more information.

>Sincerely,
The Team at PaintScratch.com";

I think they use a automated response to blow off customers.
Worked on me! I won't waste anymore of their time ever again.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:07 PM

2007 E320 CDI Bluetec
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS?

I have a 2007, E320 Bluetec in Flint Grey. Bought car in AUG '11, with 53K miles, that had NO scratches. Now, only 2300 miles later ( and mostly slow road travel ) razor blade like scratches and nicks are numerous. Car had full front end treatment with clear plastic when bought. I can't understand how so many ( typically 1 - 1.5 inches long) scratches have appeared. As well as little dits of primer showing.... just a few.... mostly on driver side.

So, based on advice from others on MB World ( previously ) I have bought Dr Color Chip kit ... am waiting for better weather to use. YES. I am fed up with spending $29 for Benz ( and BMW for the other car ) "factory" touch ups kits, that all are more like BLACK than grey .. the BMW is Titan Grey. No paint match whatsover.

So, am hoping the clean, apply, wipe, and overcoat procedure from Dr CC will work better. Maybe this is what the former owner of my E320 used, to get the car to look so good..maybe those marks where there to begin with. ???

Will relay info on what I find in next 30 days.
Old 04-29-2017, 04:19 PM

mercedes c300
Um

I think you answered your own question, obvi the dealer is going to be an exact match. A aftermarket company can be hit or miss, there can be many issues why. They should refund you if it don't match but they don't have to. I feel there is more to this story then you tell us. But why doesn't the dealer paint match the whole car? You only listed certain areas it matches. Strange

Originally Posted by mbzdiesel
Paint Scratch team! How can you explain how my new OEM 199 Glasurit dealer touch up paint matches perfectly on the hood and trunk and wheel
areas? and yours too dark everywhere? The Dealer paint is a perfect match? Again! Please refund my money as stated in your return policy........THE CAR IS NOT FADED! and never been repainted! PLEASE REFUND MY MONEY!

Invoice: 371939
I am tired of your poor customer support!
You confidence is overwhelming!
I sent you an example of the paint sample from the same bottle you sent me.
Now you want me to send the bottle back at my expense too.
You have delayed this over a month and not resolved anything!

I am done talking with you. my words fall on deaf ears

I don't understand why you feel you are obligated to make this my problem?
You have all but called me a liar.
You screwed me out of a small amount of money and wasted my time.
I am done talking with you
Paint scratch response:
Your sample was an exact match to our factory color chip. Your paint may not match due to paint fading
(including interior painted parts), repainting or an incorrect color code. At this point, we recommend custom matching as an alternative. Please visit http s://www.PaintScratch.com/custom.html for
more information.

>Sincerely,
The Team at PaintScratch.com";

I think they use a automated response to blow off customers.
Worked on me! I won't waste anymore of their time ever again.
Old 04-30-2017, 11:30 AM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
1998 E320 Wagon, 2003 W211 E500, 2003 W211 E500, 1999 W210 E55 AMG
I had the same issue with my E500. Apparently an independent paint job was single stage as opposed to prescribed color coat then clear.
Old 06-06-2017, 08:42 PM

CLA250 4MATIC
Need a paint job-- MB Special paint

Originally Posted by Overheated
I had the same issue with my E500. Apparently an independent paint job was single stage as opposed to prescribed color coat then clear.

I need the paint thst is going to match my Metallic Northern Lights Violet .... Do they have a match for thst as well???