E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Need to find someone with Sienna Black Exterior

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2021 E450 4matic
Hi guys.

I was pleasantly surprised at the level of service I got on Saturday. Went in, my salesman said they would take care of it immediately, then looked at and felt it was a factory mistake. Brought out the General Manager who also looked at and said he thought it was too perfect to have been repainted/re-installed/changed here in the US and that it was most likely to be a factory issue. He told the salesman to order a factory painted sienna black bumper (he said they couldn't do a good enough job locally)get it here and then call me to set up an appointment. Also told him to secure one of their demos (instead of the normal C class loaners) to lend me for the day or so it would take to install it. Apologized profusely and said that they would do everything in their power to make it right. They would deal with Benz so I didn't have to.

All of this without me saying much of anythign other than it was the wrong color. Being somewhat skeptical of dealers, we'll so how it goes, but it's a good sing when it doesn't start with an argument or a CYA by the dealer.

So far, it's looking good. I apreciate all of the help from everyone here and I'll keep you posted.
Thanks
Lou
Old 11-05-2007, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by LRM1
Hi guys.

I was pleasantly surprised at the level of service I got on Saturday. Went in, my salesman said they would take care of it immediately, then looked at and felt it was a factory mistake. Brought out the General Manager who also looked at and said he thought it was too perfect to have been repainted/re-installed/changed here in the US and that it was most likely to be a factory issue. He told the salesman to order a factory painted sienna black bumper (he said they couldn't do a good enough job locally)get it here and then call me to set up an appointment. Also told him to secure one of their demos (instead of the normal C class loaners) to lend me for the day or so it would take to install it. Apologized profusely and said that they would do everything in their power to make it right. They would deal with Benz so I didn't have to.

All of this without me saying much of anythign other than it was the wrong color. Being somewhat skeptical of dealers, we'll so how it goes, but it's a good sing when it doesn't start with an argument or a CYA by the dealer.

So far, it's looking good. I apreciate all of the help from everyone here and I'll keep you posted.
Thanks
Lou
Glad to hear it went smoothly. Surprising, but I guess there are some good dealers out there.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:13 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
+1
Old 11-15-2007, 02:47 PM

2021 E450 4matic
Just got a call today. My bumper arrived from Germany and they were ready to install it tomorrow and had a loaner for me. I switched to Monday figuring if they didn't finish tomorrow I wouldn't have my car till then anyway.

I'm going to look at it carefully because that was really fast I think. But so far I'm still impressed with their service.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:06 PM

2021 E450 4matic
It's done

I have to say I'm pretty impressed with Globe Motors in Fairfield, New Jersey. They got me a new factory bumper, called me for the appointment, had a loaner car-a pretty nice little C280, fixed the bumper ran a diagnostic, etc. No arguments, no issues, just apologies and "we'll get it done" and little inconvenience. I have never had such a positive experience at ANY dealer. My father in law drives a $120,000 Jag and he doesn't get treated as well.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:41 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,445 Likes on 3,154 Posts
'71 Pinto
I have to say I'm pretty impressed with Globe Motors in Fairfield, New Jersey. They got me a new factory bumper, called me for the appointment, had a loaner car-a pretty nice little C280, fixed the bumper ran a diagnostic, etc. No arguments, no issues, just apologies and "we'll get it done" and little inconvenience. I have never had such a positive experience at ANY dealer. My father in law drives a $120,000 Jag and he doesn't get treated as well.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
Cool, glad to hear it went well. I bought my car there and wasn't all that impressed.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:33 PM

2021 E450 4matic
Originally Posted by pmb600
Cool, glad to hear it went well. I bought my car there and wasn't all that impressed.
Really? So far so good. What happened to you? Should I be looking out for something?
Old 11-22-2007, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Nope. Just because someone has a bad experience doesn't mean the same chain of events will occur to you. Assume you will be satisfied untill you're disappointed.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:27 AM

2021 E450 4matic
Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
Nope. Just because someone has a bad experience doesn't mean the same chain of events will occur to you. Assume you will be satisfied untill you're disappointed.
There is nothing wrong with being prepared. Perhaps for you the glass is half full, but in my experience it never hurts to assume it's half empty-especially when it comes to car dealerships of any kind.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
Really? So far so good. What happened to you? Should I be looking out for something?
Just a lot of things, but mostly I bought my car pre-owned and had an issue where they tried to sell me a car that had been damaged without telling me.

I also wasn't impressed with service, I complained about a seat problem twice and they said they couldn't find anything. I took it to another dealer, they found it in 20 minutes.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:28 AM

2021 E450 4matic
Originally Posted by pmb600
Just a lot of things, but mostly I bought my car pre-owned and had an issue where they tried to sell me a car that had been damaged without telling me.

I also wasn't impressed with service, I complained about a seat problem twice and they said they couldn't find anything. I took it to another dealer, they found it in 20 minutes.
Thanks for the info. Your first problem sounds ironic to me considering the fact that this thread is about having a wrong bumper installed. Not that it matters now since it's fixed, but leads me to question where the bumber was replaced in the first place.

I have never been able to trust any dealer from any brand (except Paul Miller BMW actually). I've never been proven wrong. These guys so far, so good, actually better than normal.