E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Car Stolen From Dealership

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 01:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 e55 amg and 05 CL65 amg
Car Stolen From Dealership

I took my car in for service in the morning, came back in the afternoon and was told they are bringing my car up. 20 mins go by, 40 mins go by, 1 hr goes by, and no car. I am flipping out after 20 minutes as I had to be somewhere!!! So after about an 1hr 1/2 of waiting the manager tells me he thinks my car was stolen, and I need to start filling out paper work of some sort. I started getting extremely mad at the manager, but then calmed down, and started thinking, hey I might come out ahead here!!!! New car/ few added options!!!

As soon as I am done with the paper work, some moron looking teenager pulls up with my ride. Turns out he took my car down the street to have it hand washed without telling anyone!!!!Meanwhile, I have a sign on the windshield saying DO NOT WASH. The manager ripped him a new assh$le, and started kissing my *** again. I had already paid for the service, but am thinking of disputing the charges and somehow getting money for the time I lost at the dealership. How and what would you guys do to go about this if it happened to you????
Old 01-14-2008, 01:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB, BMW
i bet that punk kid took yours out for a joyride with his homies. they are NOT allowed to take a customer's car out to anywhere off the dealer lot. raise hell, and don't pay a dime for that last service appt.

and ppl wonder why mercedes dealers get a bad rep...
Old 01-14-2008, 02:33 AM

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts
2014 E350 Estate Wagon 4Matic
I would call back and calmly explain how after you've had a couple days to mull over the incident, you find yourself dissatisfied with where you stand now. Tell him calmly that you feel you cannot return to that dealership unless they, in good faith, comp your last service.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:31 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
.... nothing to brag about, it is a previous model....
You might have lost your opportunity.

There is always "check-in" mileage and "check-out" mileage on the receipt. If someone indeed take it for a joy ride, then you should have called MBUSA or informed the manager at the spot.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL350
100 % agree with Clue.
The only other angle i would try ,write to MBUSA and throw some ethical issues at them and how disturbed your are about the family ride being mishandled ,the wife is yelling at you not being cautious enough..blah ,blah,blah..but wouldn,y expect more then a free tire pressure check..
Good luck!
Old 01-14-2008, 12:54 PM
Almost a Member!

Astra SRi - drive other mb's
Talking Lucky u even got it back.!!!

A local dealership 'lost' a customers car a year or so back im told- black slk i think, guy went in gave keys to reception for service, came back next day cos he hadnt heard from them. No sign of car!!! Apparently the keys were pinched from reception. No idea what happened after. Amazing how we trust ppl with our beloved, (and expensive!) pride and joy(s)!!!

Old 01-14-2008, 03:46 PM

2004 MB E-500 & 2000 Honda Accord Coupe
Every MB dealership have their own car wash. Why would that kid bring it to some other car wash to get it hand wash plus with the big sign says do not wash. Something doesnt make sense. 1hr car wash is waaaayyy tooooo long.

Check you car throughly they probably snag some parts off your car.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:25 PM

'03 E500
Maybe this is what's needed.....

Whenever you get your car serviced, not just at MBenz but any/everywhere else....

Sit there and watch it get worked on!!!

I've NEVER trusted leaving my vehicle anywhere while it's serviced....

I don't even valet park...
Old 01-16-2008, 12:17 AM

2005 MB E500
I totally agreed with Taylor-made, call me an ****, but damn, I love my car. Would you leave your beautiful wife at home with a door-to-door saleman?
Old 01-16-2008, 12:34 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
.... nothing to brag about, it is a previous model....
Originally Posted by E500Newbee
I totally agreed with Taylor-made, call me an ****, but damn, I love my car. Would you leave your beautiful wife at home with a door-to-door saleman?
LOL..... I don't think that's the correct analogy.

The question should be.....

Will you go to a gynecologist w/ your beautiful wife when she need her annual pap exam and watch her got scrapped?
Old 01-16-2008, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
07 E320 Bluetec
Originally Posted by no_clue
LOL..... I don't think that's the correct analogy.

The question should be.....

Will you go to a gynecologist w/ your beautiful wife when she need her annual pap exam and watch her got scrapped?
You guys crack me up. I love this humor.