Old 11-17-2002, 11:12 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Other Zaino Products and Cotton Towels

The Zaino polish sounds great, how about the other Zaino products:

Z-10 for Leather

Z-12 for Glass

Z-16 for Tires

What kind of results have people got with these.

Bmms8 suggested using Micorfibre towels... these do not appear to be 100% cotton towels and also are not white... Zaino recommends both 100% cotton and white only!

Is says on their website "Our Microfibre products are extremely soft, they never scratch any surface, but at the same time they are sturdy and tough on dirt"

Also on the Microfibre web site it says "Microfibre cleaning products do not scratch surfaces if used correctly"

That seems like a warning too me.

Are "Microfibre products" and Microfibre cleaning products" different?

Any comments.

Thanks for all your help already Bmms8.
Old 11-17-2002, 11:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
Re: Re: Other Zaino Products and Cotton Towels

Originally posted by MitchE500
The Zaino polish sounds great, how about the other Zaino products:

Z-10 for Leather

Z-12 for Glass

Z-16 for Tires

What kind of results have people got with these.

Bmms8 suggested using Micorfibre towels... these do not appear to be 100% cotton towels and also are not white... Zaino recommends both 100% cotton and white only!

Is says on their website "Our Microfibre products are extremely soft, they never scratch any surface, but at the same time they are sturdy and tough on dirt"

Also on the Microfibre web site it says "Microfibre cleaning products do not scratch surfaces if used correctly"

That seems like a warning too me.

Are "Microfibre products" and Microfibre cleaning products" different?

Any comments.

Thanks for all your help already Bmms8.

hey mitch, i have heard z-10 is good to maintain leather, the glass cleaner you should get is eagle one 20/20 glass cleaner, its the best, and for tire gloss i wouldnt get zaino gloss just because it is expensive, it will look as good as cheaper ones, but zaino gloss will last loger for sure, so its up to you, and mf towels are reccomended by a lot of detailers because it can pick up and hold dirt much better than cotton towels, also, a lot of companies sell cotton towels, but they are not 100 percent, mf towels are really good only! if you buy good ones, like microfibertech towels. zaino is right about some mf towels because some, like the ones at autozone, are very bad, and will scratch your car, but microfibertech ones wont, i forgot to mention, you will also need a wash mitt, try to get one from wal-mart, viking 100 percent cotton washmitts, 2 is good....and that is to wash your car with dawn, and z-7
Old 11-17-2002, 11:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'03 W211 aka E-500
Zaino sez...

I asked Sal at Zaino that very question yesterday. Here's the cut/paste of my email and his response.

HTH,

EDJ

<SNIP>
(EDJ's Question)
Anyhow, my question is, what is your thoughts regarding the use of these new microfiber and waffle-weave towels?

(Sal's Response)
I've been test the various Micro-Fiber products.
Unfortunately, the jury is still out on them..... Some of them I tested are excellent and do not scratch... however some are terrible and definetely scratch.. The quality control of these products from overseas especially Korea is not consistent.. So you never know if they will be the same scratch free quality... Even when using the same brands, I found the quality to be inconsistent. It's a shame because I think the concept is excellent...

For now I do not use them.... I'm still lab testing... Stay tuned..

Update:

Unless they change there quality control...

I would not use them on my paint finish...

<END SNIP>
Old 11-17-2002, 11:48 AM
Almost a Member!

Thanks for the response guys, I used to be in the import business and I can appreciate Sal's comments about the quality control issues.

Even ifI buy the best MF towel I still might get in trouble, perhaps I will go the 100% white cotton towel route. Yet the comments from Bmms8 have me split on my decision.

I think I remember seeing something about 100% white towels for sale on the website for the California distributor for Zaino.

They cut the tags off and did something to the edges I believe.

Again thanks for all the input from everyone.
Old 11-17-2002, 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
yea thats at www.lazaino.com
Old 11-17-2002, 09:07 PM

stick to 100% cotton hand towels...my .02 ......microfiber is too good at picking up dirt so it will scratch your clear coat if it picked up a spec of dirt and you swipe over your car...I've done it on my other car...its very hard to clean particles out of mcirofiber..
Old 11-17-2002, 10:03 PM

Don;t know if this will help..

Here is a Detailing Forum

http://www.autopia.org/forums/index.php
Old 11-20-2002, 03:54 PM

As I understand it, its the cotton towels that are harder on the car finish than the MF towels. So, after washing, using MF waffel to dab up the water and dry, and then using MF for polishing should work better that cotton as very little if any dust has attracted to the car in the time frame from wash to polish. However, you can rub in dust on the finish regardless of whether you use cotton or MF if your are not careful.