E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Chicago Area Service Centers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2008 | 09:12 AM

2010 E63
Chicago Area Service Centers

Opinions regarding the ususal suspects in the Chicago area (Fletcher Jones, Motor Werks, Loeber, etc).

Thanks!
Old 01-19-2008 | 09:32 AM

2015 E 250, 1999 BMW M Roadster, 1939 International Harvester, 2023 GLC
service chciago area

I am in barrington so Motor Werks is my most convenient. That said I am not a big fan. I like Knauze in Lake Bluff more. Recently I needed front brakes. I went to Manfreds in Cary or FOx River Grove who specialize in MB, BMW & VW. $200 for new OEM pads, rotors were fine. I know the dealer would have changed every part in sight for over $1000. I have also used Fischer in Barrington. Another independent who does more Porshe race work that any thing.
What do you need done?
Old 01-19-2008 | 10:35 AM

2010 E63
Originally Posted by SEC1939
I am in barrington so Motor Werks is my most convenient. That said I am not a big fan. I like Knauze in Lake Bluff more. Recently I needed front brakes. I went to Manfreds in Cary or FOx River Grove who specialize in MB, BMW & VW. $200 for new OEM pads, rotors were fine. I know the dealer would have changed every part in sight for over $1000. I have also used Fischer in Barrington. Another independent who does more Porshe race work that any thing.
What do you need done?

Nothing yet. More about knowing whats out there so that I'm not stuck when something is needed.

I've used an indy with my BMW's, Edva Motorsports. His shop does work on Audi and Benz but I don't think to quite the depth as BMW.

The two indys you mentioned, which one would you recommend for routine stuff?
Old 01-19-2008 | 01:44 PM

We have our 2004 E500 serviced at MB of Orland Park. That's where we bought the car and they are Very Professional and I would Highly recommend them.

What I like the most about them is that when we took the car in for service, they kept us up to date on how the car was coming and what needed to be done to it! Knock on wood, this has been a Really Good car and has 51k miles on it, and we only needed them for the general maintainence and some minor stuff.
Old 01-22-2008 | 01:28 AM

'99 C230K, '97 E420 Sport
What kind of work do you need done? Maintenance? Diagnostic?

I know of some good people in the burbs...

I'd recommend my guy Dean Noun in Westmont as far as Authorized Dealer.

Independent shops....look into Megan Auto Works.

As far as poor service...I'd avoid Naperville...

any questions? just PM me
Old 01-22-2008 | 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by MercELITE
What kind of work do you need done? Maintenance? Diagnostic?

I know of some good people in the burbs...

I'd recommend my guy Dean Noun in Westmont as far as Authorized Dealer.

Independent shops....look into Megan Auto Works.

As far as poor service...I'd avoid Naperville...

any questions? just PM me
Do you know anyone good near New Lenox?

I have Service E coming up in 1600 miles and called the dealer to ask what Service E entails and he said that thanks to flexible service that it depends. To me, this sounds like MB's way to rake us over the coals because they can't give me a specific idea as to what might need to be done. He didn't even give me an idea as to what it might need.

He did say that I might need a fuel filter ($275), Service E ($650), Brake fluid change (reasonable at $95), but they have a special for an oil change that they're losing their butts on ($49.99 for an oil/filter change! Heck, the oil itself costs more than that)!

Sorry for the rant, but I felt the need to vent!
Old 01-24-2008 | 09:32 AM

'99 C230K, '97 E420 Sport
It's healthy & perfectly normal to vent.

ne wayz

What kind of car do you have? yr & model & mileage

New Lenox is too far south than what I'm familar with... I don't any reputable MB Service Facilities down there. Sorry I don't want to "steer" you in the wrong direction...

But, if all you need is maintenance take it to Megan Auto Works. It's in Villa Park just off of North Ave(64). Worth the gas to get there. He specializes in basically anything german before '03 (primarly Mercs).

I forget exactly what Service E covers. The dealer says it depends because driving habits are considered into calculation when a Service Reminder appears...Speak to Jeff (630) 254-8796

hope that helps...
Old 01-24-2008 | 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by MercELITE
It's healthy & perfectly normal to vent.

ne wayz

What kind of car do you have? yr & model & mileage

New Lenox is too far south than what I'm familar with... I don't any reputable MB Service Facilities down there. Sorry I don't want to "steer" you in the wrong direction...

But, if all you need is maintenance take it to Megan Auto Works. It's in Villa Park just off of North Ave(64). Worth the gas to get there. He specializes in basically anything german before '03 (primarly Mercs).

I forget exactly what Service E covers. The dealer says it depends because driving habits are considered into calculation when a Service Reminder appears...Speak to Jeff (630) 254-8796

hope that helps...
Thanks!

Our car is a 2004 E500 with 52k on the odometer.

I took it in for an oil change today and while I was there, the SA asked if I just wanted to get the Service E done and I told him not if it was $650. He told me that he'd subtract for the oil change and it ended up costing $235.74 for the whole ball of wax! I was Very Pleasantly surprised to say the least! Iwas expecting a Huge bill and actually walked away feeling pretty good!

Maybe fro the next service (in 10k miles), I'll give your friend a call!

Thanks again for the heads up!