E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Duraflex Amg Bodykit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E 320
Duraflex Amg Bodykit

HEy I just got rear ended a couple days ago. I'm going to need a new bumper, so I'm thinking about upgrading to an AMG body kit.. I have found a AMG body kit by DURAFLEX, has anybody used this body kit and if so is it a good quality or is it just like those cheap replica fiberglass that every 16-20 year old has in their rice burners now days.. ANy help will be appreciated.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
Originally Posted by E8o5
HEy I just got rear ended a couple days ago. I'm going to need a new bumper, so I'm thinking about upgrading to an AMG body kit.. I have found a AMG body kit by DURAFLEX, has anybody used this body kit and if so is it a good quality or is it just like those cheap replica fiberglass that every 16-20 year old has in their rice burners now days.. ANy help will be appreciated.
Are these the guys on ebay??? If so, I e-mailed them and they mentioned that it was rough cut and the bodyshop would have to do the final shaving and also drilling in the mounting holes. I think this is a bit too much to do and it probably won't fit perfect when you're done.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:57 PM

2006 Mercedes Benz E350
Originally Posted by jimmydagreek
Are these the guys on ebay??? If so, I e-mailed them and they mentioned that it was rough cut and the bodyshop would have to do the final shaving and also drilling in the mounting holes. I think this is a bit too much to do and it probably won't fit perfect when you're done.
Yeah, I wouldn't by one of those replica's. There's a guy in the classifieds right now parting out his E55. Looks like he's selling everything pretty cheap!
Old 03-03-2008, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
Originally Posted by mpx220
There's a guy in the classifieds right now parting out his E55. Looks like he's selling everything pretty cheap!
Yeah but he's not that cheap and he's in Canada! Shipping would be expensive...
Old 03-04-2008, 11:06 AM

2005 E500 Pewter/Ash
Thumbs down

I am still in the process of un-doing the mistake I made w/ the Duraflex kit. It's awful, and even after 2 weeks in a good body shop - there are numerous flaws. The worst part is the pourous nature of the mix they use (fiberglass and some kind of polymer I belive). Several heavy coats of primer, and it still won't take paint without rippling and / or seeping into pinholes.

The front Duraflex piece is a real mess - no provision for the OEM foglights - just a hole - and crappy cheap silver colored mesh. Mounting points had to be modified significantly just to get it to fit, and then there's the paint issue again. Even the side pieces have to be glued on - no mounts, and they don't fit the OEM clips/mounts.

I just found an OEM AMG front bumper cover and will be replacing the rear as soon as I find a similar deal.

Run Away !!!

Last edited by KennyDFW; 03-04-2008 at 11:08 AM.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:09 PM

2006 Mercedes Benz E350
Originally Posted by KennyDFW
I am still in the process of un-doing the mistake I made w/ the Duraflex kit. It's awful, and even after 2 weeks in a good body shop - there are numerous flaws. The worst part is the pourous nature of the mix they use (fiberglass and some kind of polymer I belive). Several heavy coats of primer, and it still won't take paint without rippling and / or seeping into pinholes.

The front Duraflex piece is a real mess - no provision for the OEM foglights - just a hole - and crappy cheap silver colored mesh. Mounting points had to be modified significantly just to get it to fit, and then there's the paint issue again. Even the side pieces have to be glued on - no mounts, and they don't fit the OEM clips/mounts.

I just found an OEM AMG front bumper cover and will be replacing the rear as soon as I find a similar deal.

Run Away !!!
Kenny that sucks! Sorry to hear that!
Old 03-04-2008, 07:52 PM

E 320
thanks everyone for the feedback, I'll stay away from this.. Anyone know where I can find an amg body kit for a reasonable price?
Old 03-06-2008, 05:37 PM

2012 E63 AMG Wagon
^^^ Yes or at least an e55 kit in need of one badly!
Old 03-06-2008, 06:38 PM

2007 Escalade EXT, Stealth TT 600 AWHP
Why not just buy an aftermarket kit?
Old 03-06-2008, 08:39 PM

2006 Mercedes Benz E350
Originally Posted by DynamicMotoring
Why not just buy an aftermarket kit?
duraflex is an aftermarket kit. It's not an OEM AMG e55 kit.